The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Killer Clowns (18 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
ZoOpDoG
View Profile
Veteran user
All the cool people have
311 Posts

Profile of ZoOpDoG
Im always relaxed Smile ...except in haunted houses. Then I am a tramplesteam. Got the official manual on this today. Very nice, guys!
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
I performed this tonight for several friends...upon the proper friend and it was a great success.

People have very strong emotions about clowns.
I offered it completely as a test of the "propensity towards evil tendencies".

It really does...pardon the pun...kill.
Admittedly I have a long background in the study of Clowning so I can honestly and easily blabber on about its history so this effect fits me well.

I realize that I suddenly have a real collection of OOTW effects. I can cover the topics of Jack the Ripper, the Titanic even Plants and Herbs among others.

I like these clowns very much. I want to find a tiny car that they all fit in.

Congrats Wayne and Vic!
WayneCapps
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
769 Posts

Profile of WayneCapps
That is great Eddie! I am glad you like them. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
ZoOpDoG
View Profile
Veteran user
All the cool people have
311 Posts

Profile of ZoOpDoG
I am doing this effect all day today in my store if you are in the area (Charleston, SC). So far it has played very well. Kids like 12 and up and adults have all liked it a lot. One girl who was about 13 or 14 was a bit spooked by it and required a Svengali routine after to make her happy again. Best for adults but I always like to test things on a couple kids if its not to scary as they tend to be brutally honest if there is a flaw in your presentation.
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1815 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
Brutal honesty indeed. Kids have been my toughest crowd, but also my easiest. They tend to be either one or the other.
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2426 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
Had to order after hearing these great reviews. Looking forward to receiving this. Thanks
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Silvertongue! You are going to love these cards.
The look upon the spectators face when they realize that have been attracted to the killer clowns is rare.
I love this set.
ZoOpDoG
View Profile
Veteran user
All the cool people have
311 Posts

Profile of ZoOpDoG
I came up with a reading system for this that can be done from the images very easily. I have done this effect about 30 or so times in the last few days and found it to be very useful. I think it has been added to the dropbox where you downloaded the manual. You can use it to do the effect without the need to remember or position a marker or as a fail safe if a mark is forgotten. I normally allow the spec to hold the cards and make the piles themselves and every now and then they get a little excited when putting them down and cards can get mixed. I hope this helps. Response to this effect has been very positive in fast and slow performance styles for a large variety of people. I am in a high tourist traffic area and so I get a broad mix of people coming in.
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2426 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
What type of store do you work in ZoOpDoG?
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
ZoOpDoG
View Profile
Veteran user
All the cool people have
311 Posts

Profile of ZoOpDoG
Curiosity shop that focuses on the supernatural, spiritual, magical. We are the only magic shop in the area. Also the only place for occult supplies etc. I have a pretty large collection of spooky themed mentalism effects here as well.
SatanicBurrito
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of SatanicBurrito
I really like this concept for an effect! Trying to think of variations on this theme - using photos of normal people vs serial killers, other drawing or doodles... but I think you can't beat the creep factor of clowns! And I think shrinking the effect down to 24 cards (assuming 20 choices) makes it a better presentation. Impressed!
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I just purchased this from a Café member. I am so excited about it! Love the cards!

It looks like it is no longer in production. That is too bad.

I don't care for the method, but these are OOTW cards, so they can be used with any method. I have a couple methods that I really like

KJ
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I have been playing around with these, and I am really enjoying them. I purchased a little tin wind up clown on a motorcycle that I am using to close the routine. the one problem I have with the routine is people want to linger on the cards and they sometimes remember certain cards and what they thought they were. For this reason, I have the toy to shift the interest from the creepy "train wreck" obsession to something more light-hearted that closes the routine.
KJ
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
991 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Since I present it an example of one of the training and assessment tools of the FBI (i.e.testing aptitude of potential agents for inttuitively recognizing possible serial killers), I carry the cards and materials in a vintage leather portfolio with a genuine FBI training division decal on it. Also within are a couple of official (genuine) basic FBI booklets describing some of their training procedures, etc and I also have a copy of an olde paperback book written by a formed FBI agent on, famous serial killer cases.
So, after the revelation the above materials are passed to the spectator(s) to peruse, providing sometime delay and divert attention from examining or reviewing the cards and their choices of cards.

Good luck with your ideas which sound useful.
Bill Meeker ("Doc Ben")

Smile Smile
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
That sounds great, Bill.
KJ
Hondo88
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of Hondo88
I loved Doc's idea so much I found the following on ebay:

Click here to view attached image.
Hondo88
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of Hondo88
Hondo88
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of Hondo88
Goes nicely with Doc's story. Also found a pdf about serial murderers online through a Google search that I printed to keep in the portfolio.

Thanks for the great ideas, Doc. This is fun to perform.

Click here to view attached image.
tvbuzz
View Profile
New user
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
57 Posts

Profile of tvbuzz
WTB ....These Killer Clowns ... they’re killing me ... got to have it.

PM me if you’re looking to part ways, will throw in a “CCS” (clown clearing spell) with payment to insure no ill effects (comes with 99% guaranteed clearing)
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Wow. I could have sworn I just saw these on Gemini Artifacts site a few days ago. Now gone. Perhaps I am going mad.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Killer Clowns (18 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL