We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Paper money effects and a few other questions. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Head Case
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Head Case
Hey guys! I am hoping that I can get a few ideas, recommendations, and such from the people that are into money magic.

I don't do too much with money magic (Not talking about all my coin work) I will be sure and list the stuff I already have.

I am working on putting together a "set" with 3-5 effects and such with a borrowed dollar, so I am now in search mode for some new routines to pick up using borrowed bill(s) (I don't mind routines involving switches), that I have not seen or heard about before. I would prefer them to fit more of a standing, strolling / table hopping environment please.

Therefor, I would love to hear what some people recommend that they love doing and are "real worker / go-to effects", and hopefully a few things will be mentioned that I have never thought about, or heard of (or cant remember that I already seen in videos I own)... I know that I have seen tons of stuff from my older videos, I just cant remember what effects I saw, (Of if I even own the videos anymore haha) and who's videos they were in. I'm positive that as people recommend effects and where they can be found it will help me spark my memory from what I already own.

Please try and stick to dvd's as I already own more dvd's from over the years than books that would probably contain money effects. I believe some of my older videos by Daniel Garcia and Jay Sankey had a few good effects, Ill have to dig around and try and find them.

So that you have an idea of what I am already playing with (So no need to mention these), I am playing with different $100.00 bill switches, Gregory Wilson's hundy 500 routine that is tweaked to start off being about the orientation of the dollars more than their denomination (From his penguin lecture), Pen though dollar, the "$2.00 window instant download from Penguin, a levitation (I will be posting some questions about hook-ups in secret sessions) and I think I have some mismade dollars stuffed away somewhere.

If you have anything to recommend I would love to hear it! I am just in the starting phase of putting a new act together involving this type of stuff, so I don't mind any and all recommendations that will help me figure out how to tie something really cool together with it all.

Much appreciated fellas!
You don't gotta tell me, I KNOW I'm a head case.

My meds make me loopy Smile
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
4526 Posts

Profile of bowers
You really need to look at Extreme Burn by Richard Sanders.
Bill Breaker by Bizarro.Hypno Bill is also a good one.
Todd
Head Case
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Head Case
Thanks Bowers, I have extreme burn, I am going to use in in conduction with the GW variation. I have not heard of the other ones you mentioned... I will check them out!

Thanks for sharing.

Taterini
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of Taterini
I'm not sure if you have this already or not...
Jay Noblezada has a pretty good DVD titled "Money" and it has several paper bill effects
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
4526 Posts

Profile of bowers
Dollar to credit card is also excellent.
Easy to do very visual by George Iglesias
Todd
Head Case
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Head Case
Quote:
On Jun 17, 2014, bowers wrote:
Dollar to credit card is also excellent.
Easy to do very visual by George Iglesias
Todd

I saw a video of this quite a while ago, Can the credit card be handed out for examination after? That would be pretty incredible.

bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
4526 Posts

Profile of bowers
No but it can be done in your face.
It look's super good too.I love it
and do it a lot.And it's not another bill change.
Something different for sure.Believe me you would love it.
It also come's with extra gimmicks to make your own too.
You just need a extra credit card that's old
Todd
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5535 Posts

Profile of motown
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Head Case
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Head Case
Quote:
On Jun 17, 2014, bowers wrote:
No but it can be done in your face.
It look's super good too.I love it
and do it a lot.And it's not another bill change.
Something different for sure.Believe me you would love it.
It also come's with extra gimmicks to make your own too.
You just need a extra credit card that's old
Todd

Awesome! Thank you Todd!

Head Case
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Head Case
Quote:

Motown, T H A N K Y O U!

The thread you posted is perfect!

Much appreciated.

J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
3911 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
You should get the book "Switch" by John Lovick. It is the bible of bill switches and contains hundreds of routines. E.g., there are 12 of Greg Wilson's bill switch effects in it. Best resource on bill switches in my opinion. Steve Keyl has an excellent video review of the book on his site: http://www.magicbookreport.com/2012/03/s......-lovick/

Jim
Raven13
View Profile
New user
2nd house on the left
24 Posts

Profile of Raven13
Quote:
On Jun 18, 2014, J-Mac wrote:
You should get the book "Switch" by John Lovick. It is the bible of bill switches and contains hundreds of routines. E.g., there are 12 of Greg Wilson's bill switch effects in it. Best resource on bill switches in my opinion. Steve Keyl has an excellent video review of the book on his site: http://www.magicbookreport.com/2012/03/s......-lovick/

Jim

Jim, So I get this right, the book contains ONLY bill switches? No other effects than basically an encyclopedia of switch techniques? (With corresponding routines associated with the switches) Or does this book have tons of routines all based around the use of a dollar and other various techniques and sleights?

Just curious.

Raven.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
3911 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Primarily switches. Although there are a multitude of different kinds of switches. Take a look at the Table of Contents for some ideas of what's in there:

http://magicref.tripod.com/booksjr/lovickswitch.htm

Jim
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
4526 Posts

Profile of bowers
A wonderful book indeed..
But still there are a lot of switchs
that are not in it that are awesome also.
Todd
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
3911 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
True, but I just figured that he can find a whole lot more to work with there than in any other one place.

Jim
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
4526 Posts

Profile of bowers
Yea it is a great starting place for sure J-Mac.
Todd
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
5535 Posts

Profile of motown
Quote:
On Jun 17, 2014, Head Case wrote:
Quote:

Motown, T H A N K Y O U!

The thread you posted is perfect!

Much appreciated.
glad I could help.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Kabbalah
View Profile
Elite user
401 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Bob Sheets Skullkracker?
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
5535 Posts

Profile of motown
Michael Ammar's Easy To Master Money Miracles DVDs would be worth looking into.
– Karl Germain
mathmagic
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of mathmagic
I don't know what effects you are looking for, but Bill Breaker by Bizzaro is great.
There is a new bill effect in the market as well,
http://twistermagic.com/index.php?main_p......ts_id=90
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
12544 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I just saw a demo for "Rainmaker" and it looks pretty awesome!

You might check into it! http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4490
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
jcrabtree2007
View Profile
Special user
540 Posts

Profile of jcrabtree2007
Money by Jay Noblezada is great.. Some good routines to get you started.
2 dollar window is so visual.
I do a similiar 5 to 1 transpo (i do the slow motion by Klause). in their hands. fantastic.
And Daniel Garcia's Greed. Greed is good. Great ending. Funny

Those 3 live in my wallet.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Paper money effects and a few other questions. (0 Likes)
  Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.153049 seconds, requiring 72 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [3] [7] [0] [3] [7] [1] [6] [5]