The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Ultimate As Mc Donald Jean-Pierre Vallarino (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

patrickkun
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas
108 Posts

Profile of patrickkun
Trailer: http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=53020

What is it:
----------
This is Vallarino's variation on the classic McDonald Aces. I’m sure that we are all familiar with McDonald Aces and are probably wondering if this is anything new. The basic effect for layman is still pretty much the same but his handling offers a cleaner display for both the vanishing and the reappearing part. The DVD comes with all the gaffs you need to perform.

Setup:
----------
While it comes with all the gaffs you need, you would still need to prep some “extra” cards in order to perform this routine. The setup could get a bit confusing as there are many steps to put the cards in the right order. This is definitely not those “instant reset” kind of trick. It’s more suitable if you have a close-up or parlor show.

Viewing Experience:
----------
The DVD is taught with two different languages; French and English. For English language, there’s a voice over as JP is explaining the routine very slowly. I had no problem understanding and following along at all. One problem I have with the audio is that the audio seems a bit low. I had to raise my volume up high to listen for the explanation and then when it jumped back the menu, the music just totally blew my ear out.

There are two different viewing angles; top angle and front angle for explanation. Top angle is quite nice. It offers a better viewing angle when he’s explaining the routine. The camera then switches to front view when he talks back to camera. It’s easy to understand and very straight forward.

Overall:
----------
I personally think that this is quite a nice variation on the classic. It offers a very clean display for the vanish and I think it’s very important for this type of effect. Although there are countless versions on the market, I am not sure if his variation adds much to the plot since there’s quite a heavy setup involved. Almost half of the deck is left after performing this effect and may be hard to follow up with your set without performing a deck switch. If you are big fan of ace assembly plot and looking for a clean version that would fool people, then I would definitely recommended this.

I give this a 7/10
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3899 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Yes, I think that's fair. As a one-off card routine, in the right performing conditions, this would be superb. Otherwise a deck switch or two would be in order.
Ramius
View Profile
New user
Tulsa, OK
74 Posts

Profile of Ramius
I noticed this on Amazon today for a helluva price--$8.71. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N3UD......_i=typ01
Kuzushi
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Kuzushi
You got that right. It is a good price. That combined with Patrick's review makes this an easy buy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Ultimate As Mc Donald Jean-Pierre Vallarino (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL