The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Breather Crimp (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
cybercardmagic
View Profile
Regular user
germany,berlin
126 Posts

Profile of cybercardmagic
Hi,

I have bought The Ultimate Crimp .. The breather from Bob King.

I would be interested to know if anyone use the breather crimp and whats your favorite tricks using a breather crimp.

Thanks

cybercardmagic
Greenshock
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver, Canada
149 Posts

Profile of Greenshock
Hey cybercardmagic,
My favorite at the moment has to be "Finger Flicker" from Pit Hartling's new book "Card Fictions".

Tyler Wilson
saturnin
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
964 Posts

Profile of saturnin
Hi,

I am not sure if I understand correctly, but you actually bought a breather crimp card???

Does it come with anything else? How much?

Ronnie Lemieux
There is no road to happiness,

happiness is the road!
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
I use it for Pit Hartling's new trick Finger Flicker and I also use it for some of chris kenner's routines from totally out of control,and some marlo routines.
Doug Conn
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Doug Conn
Quote:
"you actually bought a breather crimp card???"

I assume "cyper" is talking about the book/manuscript that Bob sells (one of two or three.)

A superb effect using said card is the 'Guess Your Weight' routine. Troy Hooser has a great variant (Weight your Turn) that eliminates the dealing of 26 cards (via a faro shuffle)

I use the Hooser sequence as a climax to an ace-cutting thingamagig (& to answer your question, that is my favorite breather effect... see: Weighing the Aces, from "Tricks of My Trade.")
gkfreed
View Profile
Special user
532 Posts

Profile of gkfreed
Bob King has 2 books on the Breather (both excellent). Every deck I use has 2 breathers in it, one breather, one reverse breather. I'm currently compiling a book of routines, but in the meantime the Breather can be used as a key card,locator card or instantly findable force card for so many effects.

Start with the the 2 King Books and work from there.
eryanic
View Profile
Special user
683 Posts

Profile of eryanic
With the breather card in the deck, how do you separate the cards at the breather cleanly? the only way I can do this is hold the deck with my left hand and tilt the deck so that it sort of cuts at the breather and falls to my other hand....

I think the correct way is to put it on the table, and then you can just separate the deck at the breather card instantly and casually....any tips on how to do this well??
gamer
View Profile
New user
Paris
7 Posts

Profile of gamer
If you put it on the table use a Light Touch to cut the cards.
Don't try to search to cut at the crimp. Just cut the cards with a light touch and, normally it will be right at the crimp.
It works well for me this way.
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1484 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
I use it for all the Chelman's controls. Blitz and s.o. (not arrived to the overblitz techniques yet.)
J.
cybercardmagic
View Profile
Regular user
germany,berlin
126 Posts

Eryanic: With the breather card in the deck, how do you separate the cards at the breather cleanly?

I make a one handed charlier cut. This works very good!

gkfreed: Thanks for your recommendation. I will look around for the second booklet.
I have a question to your reverse breather!!! Whats the advantage / difference to a normal breather???

cybercardmagic
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
This separation works for me most of the time:

Left hand holds the deck, palm up, at the top of the fingertips. RIght hand lightly goes over the deck to cut, and the left hand drops the bottom half of the deck into the palm. The bottom card of the top half should be the breather card. You can often allow the spectator to make the cut, and with the right timing of the left hand release, he'll be cutting at the breather.

Jack Shalom
magicjosh2
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester. UK.
134 Posts

Profile of magicjosh2
Cybercardmagic,
You may like to check out Far Out Of Sight and one of my favourites from the Bob King book Pinnacle Aces Revisited. Both effects work well.
Best Wishes,
Mark
eric6
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of eric6
If you work with a fairly new deck and the breather is around the center (more or less 10 cards) it works 100%.
eryanic
View Profile
Special user
683 Posts

Profile of eryanic
Helo cypercardmagic,
I thought the breather crimp can be made by sort of 'folding' the card?? what is the difference between the one you bought and the one that is 'folded'??
Nir Dahan
View Profile
Inner circle
Munich, Germany
1390 Posts

Profile of Nir Dahan
Check Nash infinity as well.
4cards
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of 4cards
What can you do with the Breather crimp
bblumen
View Profile
Special user
Baltimore
987 Posts

Profile of bblumen
Also see the "Tricks of Raised Consciousness" chapter in Ted Lesley's Paramiracles. Mr. Lesley describes several locator cards and effects utilizing them.

Brian B
"Lulling the minds of your company is more important than dazzling their eyes." Ed Marlo
Alewishus
View Profile
Inner circle
parts unknown
1227 Posts

Profile of Alewishus
My favorite crimp has to be the snap crimp. Just because it's fun to use!
Sack subs, ok Ross?
We miss you asper.
cybercardmagic
View Profile
Regular user
germany,berlin
126 Posts

Quote:
On 2004-01-19 16:51, Alewishus wrote:
My favorite crimp has to be the snap crimp. Just because it's fun to use!

Hi Alewishus: Whats the snap crimp.

Can you please give a brief description for me????

cybercardmagic
jiggyjer
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of jiggyjer
There's a whole familly of crimpls of this sort and some of my favorite tricks utilize these crimps. The decieve miricle gimmick is a great, nearly impromptu crimp. Again, see leslie.

J
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Breather Crimp (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL