The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Word by Scott Wells » » Ray Anderson - Esther's Follies (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Scott Wells
View Profile
Special user
Houston, TX
873 Posts

Profile of Scott Wells
Many of you might say, "Ray who?" but after you once see Ray Anderson perform, you will never forget him. He has been a staple of the comedy troupe in downtown Austin, Texas for 30 years with three nightly shows and two shows a night. And they play to sold out audiences nearly every show. So there is no reason why Ray should leave such a sweet gig. The comedy is mainly song parodies that are edgy and satirical and always topical. And Ray adds variety with illusions from the dancing cane (best I've seen) to a water levitation all just inches away from the front row on a 20' x 20' stage and a picture window to the busy street as a backdrop. It is an incredible show and although the comedy songs and sketches change with the news of the day, Ray switches in and out some most remarkable illusions with great thought, practice and precision (maybe adding two things a year) all done with a great character and hilarity with audience members.

This week's podcast is my chat with Ray who tells us a little more about this unique establishment, his magic, how he creates magic and his on stage character, and more. You can see photos, watch a video, read my blog and of course hear the podcast all on The Magic Word at: http://themagicwordpodcast.com/scottwell......-follies You can of course get it through iTunes in the podcast store. Or if you have already subscribed (and if not, then why haven't you?), then it may already be waiting in your podcatcher whether you use an Android, iPhone or any other electronic device. It's easy to find and even easier to listen.
"A magician who isn't working is only fooling himself." - Scott Wells, M.I.M.C. with Gold Star

The Magic Word podcast: http://themagicwordpodcast.com Listen to convention coverage, interviews with magicians, pictures, videos and more.

Magic Inspirations website for all things Banachek: www.magicinspirations.net
edhagins
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of edhagins
I would like to buy a gift certificate for others to see Esthers Follies, but I can't find a phone number other than an automated box office . Can anyone help?
Scott Wells
View Profile
Special user
Houston, TX
873 Posts

Profile of Scott Wells
Quote:
On Dec 19, 2017, edhagins wrote:
I would like to buy a gift certificate for others to see Esthers Follies, but I can't find a phone number other than an automated box office . Can anyone help?

Sorry, I just saw your post and I hope my reply isn't too late. I sent a PM to Ray Anderson who will either send me the requested info or he will reply directly to you here on the Magic Café.
"A magician who isn't working is only fooling himself." - Scott Wells, M.I.M.C. with Gold Star

The Magic Word podcast: http://themagicwordpodcast.com Listen to convention coverage, interviews with magicians, pictures, videos and more.

Scott Wells
View Profile
Special user
Houston, TX
873 Posts

Profile of Scott Wells
Quote:
On Dec 19, 2017, edhagins wrote:

I heard from Ray who asked me to post this (he is not on The Magic Café)

For gift certificates one just needs to call the Esther’s inside line: 512 320 0198 between 10a-3p M-F. If no one answers, just leave a message and someone will call you back.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Word by Scott Wells » » Ray Anderson - Esther's Follies (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL