The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Paul Fox Beer Can Liquid Production (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Micha-el
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Micha-el
Has anyone ever performed the Paul Fox Beer Can Liquid production? (I'm not sure if that is the correct title.) I bought one from Jeff Busby many years ago, played around with it for a while and then forgot about it. Jeff told me he closed his stand-up show with it. If anyone is using it, I am interested in how it plays, where it fits in your act, handling tips, and any presentational ideas that might be helpful. I am considering resurrecting it for Adult/Young-Adult type audiences. Many years ago when I did children and school shows I used the Paul Fox Candy Bowl that I purchased from Danny Dew. The two tricks are similar in method, but producing liquid for adults and producing candy for children provide very different opportunities for the types of "business bits" etc. in their presentations. I am looking for people who have had performing experience with the trick and who might have helpful suggestions.
plink
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of plink
Isn't this Brother Paul's Stupid Bean Trick?
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Brother Paul's Stupid Bean Trick and Paul Fox Beer Can Liquid Production are, the same trick. I saw Brother Paul do the Beer Can at a Renaissance Fair in Bloomington,Minnesota about 15 years ago. It was very effective.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Micha-el
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Micha-el
Many thanks. Yes that it is it. (Found on YouTube). His presentation would work for anyone. Now I have to figure out one that works for me.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Right Micha-el~! Your personality and presentation will be the key to success. Paul performed outside ("itinerant mountebanc" at a "Ren Fair". He killed with it.

He also did Pop Haydn's "four ring routine" and killed with that, too.

I bought a Fox Candy Bowl too, forty years ago. Beautiful prop and fine effect. It was however, a bit bulky to pack, for me.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Micha-el
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Micha-el
I remember talking to Bob White about the Candy Bowl and he too thought it was too bulky to carry to all his school shows. I did magic part time and so it didn't become a problem for me. I really liked the effect that it had. I didn't use the paper ribbon however. Just the candy production with lots of little bits of business with the kids.
Michael Trixx
View Profile
New user
FL Keys Via Cape Cod MA
14 Posts

Profile of Michael Trixx
Micha-el lmk if it doesn’t work out and you ever want to sell the Paul Fox beer trick. Thanks
Abrock-Cadabrock ! , Trixx
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Paul Fox beer trick is a killer. I have a spare I might be willing to sell.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Paul Fox Beer Can Liquid Production (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL