The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Coin jammed in shell (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
4343 Posts

Profile of pepka
Aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhh!!!! After waiting a week for Todd to get it to me, then I had to send it back because it was a bit too snug, I had it a week....and then dropped the shell on a hard floor, now the coin is jammed inside. Any thoughts before I just send it back, and have to wait again?
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
3721 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Have you tryed Puting It in A Glass And shacking it!
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
4343 Posts

Profile of pepka
Not yet....I'll give it a shot. FYI, it's an Eisenhower copper silver jammed in the copper shell.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
3721 Posts

Make sure you don't use to thin of a glass or it could brake ! I have had that happen before!
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
4343 Posts

Profile of pepka
OK, I used a coffee mug and it worked! Now, to my untrained eye I see no damage on the shell but I know it will get stuck again. Why? Because I tried it! What can I do now?
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
3721 Posts

Put the coin down Then get A Hank And unfold over it! Then set the shell on top of the hank On top of the coin And press it down! This should expand the shell out a little And make It a little bit Bigger!
inigmntoya
View Profile
Special user
DC area native, now in Atlanta
728 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
I have killed more topics with my
5462 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I used a silk once and tore it. Fine linen worked for me. My bed sheet! LOL! Good luck!

Doug
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
3721 Posts

Yea That's Why I said A HANK Not a silk! Smile
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
4343 Posts

Profile of pepka
Yeah, now I have a hankerchief stuck in there too. AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
3721 Posts

Yea I have had that Happen To! Try A fingernail file ! and Pry up Lightly On the Bottom of the shell!
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
4343 Posts

Profile of pepka
I think I may just send it to Todd and have him chew me out.
David Fillary
View Profile
Veteran user
348 Posts

Profile of David Fillary
I often just roll the shell and coin on a hard surface a few times. I mean roll while pressing down on it. This sorts out jamming pretty quickly if its a coin that should fit in there as it just smooths out the edge, so I'd recommend that over the glass first. When the a slightly too large coin got stuck though, it wouldn't come out till it was dropped on the floor by accident!

Good luck!
Inviso
View Profile
New user
I have a paltry
62 Posts

Profile of Inviso
Try putting them in the freezer for a while and then immediately in hot water. The shell may expand quicker than the solid coin.

Randy
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
I have killed more topics with my
5462 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2014, pepka wrote:
Yeah, now I have a hankerchief stuck in there too. AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

ROFLMFAO!!! Sorry! That killed me! I've had that happen so many times! I've been lucky I fixed it. The last time it happened, it was my $60 Johnson Ike expanded. (AARRGGH!)

Doug
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3189 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
If you take the hank with your fingers on each side, and press down on the shell with your thumbs, applying steady pressure, then the coin will pop out. (Do this over a soft surface!)

As suggested above, rolling the edge along a firm surface, whilst applying pressure, is a good technique.

(Guess who has repaired a lot of dinks?) ;-)
"Jazz is an accident waiting to have happened."

David St. Hubbins
Dentian
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Dentian
Thick plastic also works great. I use water bottle labels when I don't have a hank or silk with me. Works like a charm and it doesn't damage anything valuable.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
4343 Posts

Profile of pepka
Thanks for you help guys, but I spoke to Todd and it's going back to him tomorrow.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Coin jammed in shell (3 Likes)
  Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.144285 seconds, requiring 58 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [2] [1] [0] [0] [2] [7] [2] [4]