The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Marked Decks (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Neb
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Neb
Can anyone advise me of which are the cheapest marked Bicycle Decks on the market? (I'm based in London)

Obviously Boris Wild Decks are great but if I am buying in bulk would like to know if there are any cheaper yet still quality options.

Thanks!
Brogan_C
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Brogan_C
The cheapest would be ones you make yourself as you only need a deck and a sharpie(Or other marker) to make the deck.
Asad
View Profile
New user
San Jose, California
13 Posts

Profile of Asad
If you're not completely stuck on using Bicycle Cards, David Blaine's Split Spades come in a marked version that is cheaper than any other marked deck I have come across. The markings on the cards are also extremely easy to read while not being blatantly obvious to those who don't know what to look for.
52Kards Website: http://www.52kards.com
52Kards YouTube Channel: http://bit.ly/ViogPB
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1406 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
Take a look at the Phoenix Deck by card-shark.de ...
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Quote:
On Aug 10, 2014, Tim Cavendish wrote:
Take a look at the Phoenix Deck by card-shark.de ...

While these are fantastic marked cards, they certainly aren't the "cheapest".
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
LesL
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of LesL
I second Asad's recommendation. Unfortunately, they are such a good buy that most have been snarfled up and they are hard to find. If you need the other two most common gaffed decks, then you can purchase a three deck set including the marked one from shopdavidblaine.com. Phoenix decks are good also, use a different marking system but a bit more expensive. Making your own using a Sharpie has the draw back that it can't be used under all lighting conditions. Under some lighting and some viewing angles, a blue Sharpie mark on a blue deck will actually show a red sheen.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Aug 10, 2014, Asad wrote:
If you're not completely stuck on using Bicycle Cards, David Blaine's Split Spades come in a marked version that is cheaper than any other marked deck I have come across. The markings on the cards are also extremely easy to read while not being blatantly obvious to those who don't know what to look for.

Yes the Blaine decks if you can still find them are super quality and cheap.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
LesL
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of LesL
Interesting to see where the bidding winds up on this. And to think that Penguin used to sell them for $5.63!
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
That's bid to $8.34. Not a lot of money - these are still around and should be less than $10.
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Snidini
Neb, try the Phoenix deck. It should serve you well for most of your card needs. You shouldn't have a problem getting them in London.
Galileo
View Profile
Elite user
Somerville MA
431 Posts

Profile of Galileo
If your looking for a marked bicycle deck I'd have to suggest that you buy the ultimate bicycle marked decks that you can buy in either red or blue online for around 30$. They are marked in a way that allows you to easily read them but the spectator will never notice. Though its slightly expensive the price is worth it since the last thing you want is a spectator noticing your cards are marked. If you are looking for a cheaper solution and willing to use something besides bikes the David Blaine marked deck is solid but I personally prefer the phoenix marked deck as it is cheap, made to last, and phoenix cards are becoming more commonplace for many performing magicians so I doubt it would arise much if any suspicion from your audience.
LesL
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of LesL
Quote:
On Aug 15, 2014, saysold1 wrote:
That's bid to $8.34. Not a lot of money - these are still around and should be less than $10.

Winning bid $12.51 plus $11.68 shipping. Google search returned no stock in any of the major online retailers that I could find. Even shopdavidblaine was sold out of their 3 deck set the last time I checked. Another alternative might be the Daniel Madison decks put out by Ellusionist. Cheap, conservative back designs, and difficult to detect marking systems - which are both an advantage and a disadvantage.
mathmagic
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of mathmagic
I made a boris wild at home, took some time, I bought the stickers from penguin, now they don't have the deck neither the stickers :/

I have made one, might be abble to do 2 more Smile
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1406 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
My memory is hazy on this...

Back when the Phoenix decks were first introduced, was the original Phoenix design a marked deck?
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On Aug 18, 2014, Tim Cavendish wrote:
My memory is hazy on this...

Back when the Phoenix decks were first introduced, was the original Phoenix design a marked deck?

No, but it had (and has) a one-way design on the backs and faces
LesL
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of LesL
Just to put a finer point on it for those unfamiliar with the Phoenix deck, these are "hidden" one way designs.
Neb
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Neb
Great thanks guys!
E.E.
View Profile
Inner circle
Look mom, I have
1534 Posts

Profile of E.E.
You can make it yourself with bicycles and matching sharpie, that's the cheapest way Smile
Professional mentalist and digital artist for mystery performers. check out my work at www.facebook.com/EverElizaldeArtStudio
merlin5150 II
View Profile
Elite user
Aurora, IL
414 Posts

Profile of merlin5150 II
I do that....someone here sells an eBook with his technique.

I'll look it up...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Marked Decks (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL