The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » There has to be a copper silver quarter out there some where (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

martysh
View Profile
Special user
Greenville,SC
526 Posts

Profile of martysh
Guys..
I could use your help... I should be able to find this but haven't so far... a recent trick that came out as publicized here is terrific.. but it is easily done with half dollars...I would like to try to do it in quarters for the usual reasons..
I need a copper silver quarter to do it.. the closest I have come with some of the custom guys is an expensive two copper one silver set so I know what I am looking for is out there... I need something else for this but before I get that I want to find this. much appreciated if you all have a source.. if you want private message me and I will tell you the project.

Marty
martysh
View Profile
Special user
Greenville,SC
526 Posts

Profile of martysh
Might gin and tonic set work?

Marty
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
You may have to have one custom made, which may be cheaper than buying a set designed for other purposes. You can use an English half-penny for the copper coin, which is the same size as a quarter.
martysh
View Profile
Special user
Greenville,SC
526 Posts

Profile of martysh
Hey thanks .. I was pretty sure the half penney would fit.. I think I will go to Europe to see what's sold there.
thanks for your response.

Marty
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I think they make a copper silver quarter Sacajawea dollar. (I believe Tango makes it as part of a set)
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
No need to go to Europe (I guess you're just kidding?). I found mine in a coin shop. You can also find them online, I'm sure.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Roy Kuepper has a half dollar-English penny on his site for 15.00 bucks. I sure he would make you a quarter version for around that price.
Todd
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I have a couple of sets, one is a quarter and Italian 200 lire coin, the other is a quarter and Iceland Island Aurar coin. Both are beautiful sets made by TWOCAN, who is here on the Café.

I also have a Gin and Tonic set (A quarter and a two pence coin) and two Vodka and OJ sets (quarter and presidential dollar coin). However those are locking sets requiring bang rings.

Jim
martysh
View Profile
Special user
Greenville,SC
526 Posts

Profile of martysh
Jim .. thanks for the message... could the gin and tonic be used a copper silver coin.. the locking is an advantage here.. I think that is what I want to do.. just want to make sure you can look at each side individually.

Marty
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On Aug 17, 2014, martysh wrote:
Jim .. thanks for the message... could the gin and tonic be used a copper silver coin.. the locking is an advantage here.. I think that is what I want to do.. just want to make sure you can look at each side individually.

Marty

Yes. Mind you it is not as perfectly made as those by the custom makers, but as long as someone isn't going over it with the intent to ruin your act, then fine.

Jim
martysh
View Profile
Special user
Greenville,SC
526 Posts

Profile of martysh
Im the only one to touch it in the routine...if you private message me I will tell you what I am working on... as if you couldn't guess.

Marty
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Was a while ago but Johnson made them using half penny coins.
I asked Sasco to make the ones using Russian 5 Kopec coins and they were just fine. Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Tree
View Profile
Loyal user
Wiggle Wiggle
295 Posts

Profile of Tree
I just did a quick search on google and found several shops selling c/s with a quarter as one side.
Google is your friend...
martysh
View Profile
Special user
Greenville,SC
526 Posts

Profile of martysh
I sprang for the gin and tonic .. sure hope it works..
am trying to reduce Gea's It's Impossible to know coins..quarter with one unusual coin half pence.

who knows if it will play

Marty
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » There has to be a copper silver quarter out there some where (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL