The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » How does YIF do this? (Video is included) (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SilverNoble
View Profile
New user
Richmond, VA, USA
2 Posts

Profile of SilverNoble
Hey Guys

Where do you all think can I buy the effect that makes a good size coin appear and changes it to a strawberry like the way Yiri did at the times of 0:35 through 1:15 at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCAdG65q......d4jnybiA and where do you think I can buy the secret to where I can bend the fork in all those ways Yiri did in the moment in 5:07 through 11:51? I'm just really curious to see if there is a possibility I could re-create the same illusion.
daniel116
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of daniel116
You could easily recreate the same ILLUSION, by doing a simple spellbound routine, only switching one of the coins in for a strawberry that you are comfortable palming (that sounded funny, I don't know why)
It will not look, at least for a magician, nearly as good as the above video, but in the spectators' minds it will be remembered as the same effect.
I believe it was Curtis Kam who said on these forums that what the spectators see and what they remember are not the same things.
About the guy in the video, I am wanting to believe that he's using video editing, because if not, then I have no clue as to how he does that, and also his hands are shown truly empty in the end, so either off-camera business is taking place, or devil's work. definitely one of the two.
David Fillary
View Profile
Special user
662 Posts

Profile of David Fillary
It is camera tricks unfortunately. You can see various discrepancies with his bread trick. He produces an entire french bread from empty hands and hands it out to be eaten - that alone should ring alarm bells as being a tad too impossible, but you can see some of the edits.

Its a real shame because I've seen him do "real" magic, such as crazy man's handcuffs, beautifully and he is tehnically proficient. His videos are worth watching just to see how magic should look like though. I mean if you could change a coin that cleanly, it would look like that and his presentation skills are good. He is literally an "actor playing the role of a magician!!!"
tyler_rabbit
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of tyler_rabbit
Ben Seidman has a nice coin to strawberry as part of his Alchemy stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwTGjH-nV88
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Totally agree David! I would challenge YIF to do this in front of a live audience. Video is too easy to manipulate...

Doug
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
I am fed up with videos with folks staring dreamily into the trees or sky and all the totally un-neccesary shots of people walking down the street etc. I thought we wanted to show of magic.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
Last time I posted I had one less than
1196 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
A smaller French bread can be produced. It is sold on magic geek, but is a little pricy.
Reality is a real killjoy.
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
Last time I posted I had one less than
1196 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
The fork could be done, but it would not be quite as clean. I'm not that good at metal bending, but there are some on the café who are. Go to the penny for you thoughts section.
Reality is a real killjoy.
Bob Magic
View Profile
New user
San Diego, California
90 Posts

Profile of Bob Magic
The change is too open. There is no room for imagination. I have seen this type of miracle video before and is probably a promotional clip.

20:1 it is not magic at all but instead skillful editing.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
The Yiri video is what we would like magic to look like. The 2nd video by Seidman doing the same sort of effect is about as close to magic in this that we can get to for now.

I believe specs/laymen would see the effect as about the same, that is to say that they would see magic whichever way. But for the moment only Seidman's version is the sort of magic with this that we can actually do, and really that's good enough IMHO. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Are you asking about a Spellbound change using JWGrip?

Secret sessions for method dialog, okay?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Flyswatter
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of Flyswatter
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2014, Dougini wrote:
Totally agree David! I would challenge YIF to do this in front of a live audience. Video is too easy to manipulate...

Doug

He did do it live. However it didn't go so well.
movemonkey
View Profile
Loyal user
Detroit, USA
210 Posts

Profile of movemonkey
Actually many of yif's effects can be done live, mathieu bich and jordan gomez gave confirmation on it... you can know more about the guy in this month genii magazine
daniel116
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of daniel116
"Many" isn't good enough, if he's still editing some videos.
There's an old Arabic saying for this situation: You build cities, you build houses! but just once, you !@#$ a goat... (and that's all they remember)
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
Yif has done the baguette trick on live TV in front of a studio audience at least twice. The first time was perfectly fine for folks in the audience, but a slight flash for the folks watching on TV. The second time, on the Happy Camp Show, it went perfectly. You might read the cover article in the December issue of Genii where all of this is discussed. Yif's got very good chops--he's a student of Armando Lucero's.
kinjite
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of kinjite
What is Yif doing lately? I do not see any recent magic videos of him in 2014 on YouTube or any where else? Did he just vanish due to being outted on National Tawian TV for the baguette trick being reveled?
movemonkey
View Profile
Loyal user
Detroit, USA
210 Posts

Profile of movemonkey
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2015, kinjite wrote:
What is Yif doing lately? I do not see any recent magic videos of him in 2014 on YouTube or any where else? Did he just vanish due to being outted on National Tawian TV for the baguette trick being reveled?

he is apparently doing motivational speeches in chinese universities
I watched one on his youtube channel and the guy a very good promoter of the art of magic

definitely better than troy, dynamo or criss angel,
hope to see his next tv special soon
RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
The thing that I find funny that once we magicians, who have carefully studied out craft for years, see something that fools us on video, we immediately say that it's a camera trick. Why? Such cleanness can be achieved and doing the effect in that manner is possible. We're magicians, nothing is impossible.

RJH
justinhanahs
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of justinhanahs
YIF being able to do the baguette trick live on the Happy Camp Show or the CCTV Chinese new year show doesn't prove he did not use editing on the original video. Unlike the video version which blown our minds, The live show versions are done in a way that the method is quite obvious to most magicians. In my view he is just trying to cover his lie by achieving the same effect using methods that are clearly not as clean as the video.
And I'm surprised this actually fooled some magicians.( or did it? Smile )
sevenup
View Profile
Regular user
South Carolina
179 Posts

Profile of sevenup
Not sure why no one addressed the original question on the fork bending segment. Just to get those giggly reactions from the ladies like that would be better than just about anything I do presently. Wouldn't even matter if the fork is gimmicked to the hilt. It just looks as good as it can get for metal bending.
Pick a card, any card at all. Just don't pick a RED spade.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » How does YIF do this? (Video is included) (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL