The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Forgetful Freddy (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24012 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
What method do you use to support the balloon on Fast Freddy to burst it?
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
I look for FF with two screws/nails that I wrap the balloon tail around. I also found using Quality balloons worked best as they held their shape and stood upright instead of sagging.
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
2751 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
If you mean "Forgetful Freddie" then you also need to describe or provide a photo of the balloon holder you have so we can see what the problem is. The best holder I have found is two small metal screw eyelets placed at the top of his neck, one on top of another about 1/4 inch apart. The knotted end of the balloon is pulled down through both. The bottom eyelet holds the balloon, while the top eyelet (which can be larger in size) provides tension that keeps the balloon standing straight in the air. There should be no need to touch the balloon to break it.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6394 Posts

Profile of bowers
My balloon holder is built in with the bowtie. Work's great and the balloon stand's perfect above the neck.I do wish mine was remote control though.
Todd
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
2751 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
It's a bit "Rube Goldberg" but I have found that gravity is my friend in triggering things remotely. In the case of Freddy, a weight on a little shelf in the rear is what pulls the pin out. What makes the weight drop down is another pin attached to some IT. You can pull the IT from quite a distance, so it's "almost" remote control when the weight falls and the balloon buster is triggered.
mrpuny
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of mrpuny
This was the first magic trick I saw back in 1961.And I was hooked I'm 62 now and have just purchased a forgetful freddy but it came with no patter when I saw this performed it was done by a preacher in a church in memphis tenn. and the patter he used was to teach a biblical lesson which I can't remember ..if anyone has the religious patter id greatly appreciate it if you could post if no one has that how does the original patter go ,most all of my shows are free and have been asked to perform in church on sunday in november ,they have lost all of their youth to the new churches like word alive ,and others that play rock music ect and without the youth the church will slowly die my church 1st presbyterian once had 800 members and the largest youth group in anniston,al. but today its down to 300 members of which only about 60 that attend regularly ,it's a massive church and is on the verge of closing because the tithing barely covers the monthly expenses ...the main reason is all the youth has left or never came like in the 70's we were made to go to church and when we got older and had kids they were made to go but now that there kids are parents they no longer bring their children to church thus no youth no future so I've been asked to get the youth back and I can only think its magic that will get them in I'm in the process of developing new christian patter to go with the tricks I have like spoon bending associate it with sampson then taking cane to rope to cane to snake water to wine,any other suggestions would be greatly welcomed and I'll give you credit when performing please help me save my church over 100 years old the new sanctuary built in 1965
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
2751 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Mrpuny: You should ask your question in the forum for Christian Magicians, specifically the one about Gospel Magic. Those guys will have lots of routines for old Freddy. Freddy was just ten years old when you first saw him, having been invented in Jun 1951 by Milbourne Christopher himself.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Forgetful Freddy (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL