The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » 5 to 10$ bill (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ursmagicbalu
View Profile
Inner circle
India
1080 Posts

Profile of ursmagicbalu
Dear folks,

Can anyone please help me to find the name and source of this trick.

Two bills a 5$ and 10$ is shown. Both bills are placed inside the spectator fist. Now the 5$ is removed. The spectator opens his fist and finds that 5$ and in magi hand is the 10$
“It’s not what you do that matters, or even how you do it;
it’s what the spectators perceive you as doing that matters.
That’s the MAGIC they’ll remember.”
Taterini
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Taterini
Check out Jay Noblenzada's 5 and 1 Transpo.... same effect with $1 bill and a $5 bill. You'll just need to substitute the two bills for the ones you want to use http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/1161

This download costs $9.95 but sometimes you can catch his entire DVD called "Money" that includes this effect in the blizzard for close to the same cost and it's a great money magic DVD

I hope this helps
ursmagicbalu
View Profile
Inner circle
India
1080 Posts

Profile of ursmagicbalu
Thanks Taterni
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Ursmagicbalu,

Do yourself a favor and obtain some books. This is a classic trick. As with so many things, it can be found in Tarbell. See U.F. Grant's Slow Motion Bill Transposition in The Tarbell Course in Magic ~ Volume 3. This was published in 1943 and the method is still one of the best available to this day.

See also:

David Parr's Slow Motion Swindle in Brain Food.

Eugene Burger's Slow Motion Bill Change in Mastering the Art of Magic.

A couple of the best routines not in books, but available as stand-alone tricks are Roger Klause's Ultimate Slow Motion Bill Transposition and Eugene Burger's Eugene's La$t Dollar.

Notice the theme in all of the methods I have cited..."slow motion" (Eugene's La$t Dollar is also slow motion). None of these leave you waving the bill around like a madman like the effect posted by Taterni.
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
ursmagicbalu
View Profile
Inner circle
India
1080 Posts

Profile of ursmagicbalu
Thank you so much kabbalah.

i am always interested in the plot and history.

Your inputs are most useful
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
Add Sam Sandler's Illusion of Fusion to that list

Simple and direct - two $1bills become one $2 bill
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I like Impossible Dream by Professor Bill Pryor

I bought it from him almost 20 years ago at Haines House of Cards. A friend of mine just got it from there a couple months ago. still a great effect. (and you don't have $500 tied up in the gimmick ) Smile
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Yea it is a great effect Poof. I also bought one from Bill some time back at a convention.
Todd
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
How about "Federal Exchange" from Elmwood Magic? You cant seem to get it anymore but its a really cool gimmicked $5/$1 bill.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
You can purchase Michael Ammar's video explanation of "$5 and $1" here for a whopping $2.86!

http://michaelammarmagic.com/5-and-1-DL-5and1.htm

Shows you how to make the gimmicks - which took me all of about 10 minutes - and perform the effect.

Jim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » 5 to 10$ bill (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL