The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Self working card tricks without dealing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
mlippo
View Profile
Special user
Trieste (Italy)
848 Posts

Profile of mlippo
Quote:
On Mar 12, 2015, BarryFernelius wrote:
I'll also suggest Verbal Magic by Juan Tamariz. The focus is on magic that is done with audience participation.

Originally, these were items that Tamariz used for a series of radio shows. This forced him to come up with precise verbal instructions that enabled the audience participants to perform the necessary actions correctly. At the same time, the instructions were crafted to make the tricks more deceptive.

Barry,

since my great trust in you, I may think of re-reading Verbal Magic again, but to be honest I wasn't impressed at all by its contents. The best two-three effects in it could not compare to so many better self-workers. I guess it could be OK if your audience is home, listening to the radio, but for a live audience mmmmhhh ...

mlippo
Snoogansgt
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Snoogansgt
For a small packet trick, I would recommend "Twisting the Aces." It uses an Elmsley count. With a little bit of practice, you could do the count quite naturally.
alicauchy
View Profile
Veteran user
Málaga, Spain
304 Posts

Profile of alicauchy
Quote:
On Mar 13, 2015, Snoogansgt wrote:
For a small packet trick, I would recommend "Twisting the Aces." It uses an Elmsley count. With a little bit of practice, you could do the count quite naturally.

I believe that "Twisting the aces" does not qualifies as a self-working effect at all, in the sense that such an effect should need no technique at all apart from dealing, shuffling and cutting the deck.
So much to do, so little time . . .
captainsmiffy
View Profile
Special user
UK, resident UAE
584 Posts

Profile of captainsmiffy
Try Up The Ante as the trick that does require dealing......you will leave them flummoxed!
Have you tried 'Up The Ante' yet?? The ultimate gambling demo....a self-working wonder! See the reviews here on the cafe.
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
779 Posts

Profile of Snidini
A great self working in the hands of the spectaor is the "7-16" card trick. They do the dealing and it's an amazing card trick. Hard to reverse engineer for the spectator also.
ejohn
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
558 Posts

Profile of ejohn
Not familiar with the 7-16 trick. Source please?
sumedik
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of sumedik
I see a lot of replies were posted after I stopped checking this thread. Thanks everybody for your wonderful suggestions & encouragement !
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Self working card tricks without dealing (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL