The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » BUSKER GEAR WARNING (21 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MikeDes
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
941 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
Quote:
On Sep 23, 2014, tom hughes wrote:
Hold your horses folks... there's a package waiting for me at the post office and I'm pretty sure it's from busker gear (since Bobby sent me a tracking number!)... I think this epic is coming to an end!

I bet it's the wrong size!
tom hughes
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of tom hughes
Well... Bobby really worked hard to make this right... The package had my vest (in the right size!), another vest and a lot of other stuff in it. Bobby has also messaged me an explained what happened both to my original vest and within his operation... And I feel pretty bad for some of my harsh words.
http://www.ashevillemagic.com
http://www.themagictomshow.com
magician/magic show in asheville w.n.c.
WhoDeanie
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of WhoDeanie
People tend to remember more when there was a problem more than when things go right. However, its how you handle your mistakes is what makes really loyal customers...
Magically yours,

Dean Burgess
imgic
View Profile
Special user
Moved to Boulder, CO
553 Posts

Profile of imgic
Great to hear of a happy ending and that Bobby went above and beyond!
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
4138 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Bobby is a good dude....hes one of my best friends/......when my house was destroyed ina flood who was it who came and helped me...bobby, He took a week awayfrom his family to help ME>....Bobby is one of the best people I have ever met and as much as I have done for him he has done for me...

I love him, love and respect....hes a great person and so is his family...
MikeDes
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
941 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
I don't get it. This guy made Tom jump through hoops and lied to him and just because he finally gives him what he paid for all of a sudden he's a great guy? Personally, I'm still waiting for an apology from him. I wonder what would have happened if this thread never existed.

Buyer beware!!
tom hughes
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of tom hughes
Hmmm... I see your point. But here's the thing... Bobby tried really hard, in this instance, to remedy the situation. He did come good in the end and fully explained what had been going on. This debacle ended well and Bobby apologized for the consistent problems.

Yes, I did jump through hoops and at times lost my temper over this issue. I had harsh words with Bobby and posted similarly harsh words about him online... and yet Bobby never replied in kind as I would have done; he simply, albeit slowly, tried hard to overcome a problem within his business and sorted things out.

I can't really say fairer than that.

tom
http://www.ashevillemagic.com
http://www.themagictomshow.com
magician/magic show in asheville w.n.c.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Tom, he did the same thing with me. Like I said I love my vest but will never buy from his store again. This seemed to happen to a lot of people here. Smile
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1680 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On Sep 29, 2014, MikeDes wrote:
I don't get it. This guy made Tom jump through hoops and lied to him and just because he finally gives him what he paid for all of a sudden he's a great guy? Personally, I'm still waiting for an apology from him. I wonder what would have happened if this thread never existed.

I think people were pretty clear they thought Bobby as a great guy before this all happen.

Look - you aren't buying from a "store", you are buying from a busker. If you want customer service, buy your vest from Penguin. Everyday when Omar wakes up, he checks the internet to see who bought what. He spends breakfast checking orders to make sure the stuff got sent. He pays somebody a full time salary just to answer the phone and handle these problems.

Bobby ... well, Bobby gets up and decides which sidewalk he wants to work on. He sells gear to help fellow buskers, be grateful that he does.

-JoeJoe
The Crowd Goes Wild - my free lecture series - Magic Joint - where professional talent meets the local artist!!!
One of the hottest new releases of this year - See Amazing JoeJoe's new Slider Gimmick for the Dancing Cane!!!
MikeDes
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
941 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
Still no reason to lie and use deceitful business practices. You take someone's money, you have an obligation! Heck, as a human being you have a duty to treat people with more respect.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
True , True,
Faulkner
View Profile
Loyal user
New Orleans
243 Posts

Profile of Faulkner
Interesting that the person who spent the money is understanding about the situation, then there are just a bunch of attack posts.
I have personally purchasted his vests (handmade made to order by the way) and will buy again. People make mistakes, how they fix them are what is important.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2427 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:

Buyer beware!!

He didn't give him "what he paid for," he gave him what he paid for (the vest) plus ANOTHER vest plus apparently "other stuff" (whatever that consists of) so whereas I'm not certain I would go to Bobby for busker gear, it does appear that Bobby tried to go above and beyond just sending the item.
"He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad." - Rafael Sabatini, Scaramouche
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2427 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2014, JoeJoe wrote:
Quote:

I think people were pretty clear they thought Bobby as a great guy before this all happen.

Look - you aren't buying from a "store", you are buying from a busker. If you want customer service, buy your vest from Penguin. Everyday when Omar wakes up, he checks the internet to see who bought what. He spends breakfast checking orders to make sure the stuff got sent. He pays somebody a full time salary just to answer the phone and handle these problems.

Bobby ... well, Bobby gets up and decides which sidewalk he wants to work on. He sells gear to help fellow buskers, be grateful that he does.

-JoeJoe

No. If the man can't run a business, he shouldn't be running a business. He's not doing anyone any favors making people jump through hoops like this. He isn't doing himself any favors by having to pad the order to make up bad business practices.
"He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad." - Rafael Sabatini, Scaramouche
gallagher
View Profile
Special user
524 Posts

Profile of gallagher
{this doesn't relate personally, to anyone involved,.
but the Thought came to me while reading this discussion.}

Imagine a business,
where the Proprietor provides goods and services,...
first,..
then,.
asked the Recipient,..
to pay,
according to what THEY found the value.
(!)

oh,
that's kinda like Busking......
,...ha ha,..
who ever came up with this business-model?!!?
gallagher.
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1680 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2014, ed rhodes wrote:
No. If the man can't run a business, he shouldn't be running a business. He's not doing anyone any favors making people jump through hoops like this. He isn't doing himself any favors by having to pad the order to make up bad business practices.

Sometimes things just happen, I'm sure Omar has fouled up an order or two in his career. Smile

-JoeJoe
The Crowd Goes Wild - my free lecture series - Magic Joint - where professional talent meets the local artist!!!
One of the hottest new releases of this year - See Amazing JoeJoe's new Slider Gimmick for the Dancing Cane!!!
gallagher
View Profile
Special user
524 Posts

Profile of gallagher
Quote:
On Sep 28, 2014, Kozmo wrote:
Bobby is a good dude....hes one of my best friends/......when my house was destroyed ina flood who was it who came and helped me...bobby, He took a week awayfrom his family to help ME>....Bobby is one of the best people I have ever met and as much as I have done for him he has done for me...

I heard he showed up with Swim Vests..,

,I think this whole Post just goes to show,
Bobby will give you the shirt off of his back,..
,but if you need a Vest,
....be prepared to wait.

{i've been holding this in, for the past couple of days now,..
IT'S gotten the best of me(!),
sorry,...
off my brain,..
now I can sleep,..}
crooked smile and all,
gallagher
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Quote:
On Oct 1, 2014, gallagher wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 28, 2014, Kozmo wrote:

I heard he showed up with Swim Vests..,

,I think this whole Post just goes to show,
Bobby will give you the shirt off of his back,..
,but if you need a Vest,
....be prepared to wait.

{i've been holding this in, for the past couple of days now,..
IT'S gotten the best of me(!),
sorry,...
off my brain,..
now I can sleep,..}
crooked smile and all,
gallagher

LOL. Now this is true. I sure he is a great guy. Just I had to deal with BS for like a long time before I got my vest. Great vest as I said before but I will just never buy from his store again. But I do love to watch him busk.
Smile
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2427 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Oct 1, 2014, JoeJoe wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2014, ed rhodes wrote:

Sometimes things just happen, I'm sure Omar has fouled up an order or two in his career. Smile

-JoeJoe

And when "things happen," you're supposed to be upfront about it and get it taken care of. Not stonewall and then try to make up for it by padding the order.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » BUSKER GEAR WARNING (21 Likes)
  Next Topic >>>
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.172321 seconds, requiring 70 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [4] [2] [0] [7] [6] [0] [1] [9]