The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Octopalm! (64 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15 [Next]
The Greek
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of The Greek
Cardbiker, on the pot you should find a URL and password code to access the video. Hope this helps.
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Quote:
On Oct 11, 2014, The Greek wrote:
Cardbiker, on the pot you should find a URL and password code to access the video. Hope this helps.

Thanks very much
Greg755
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Greg755
Carl - I just call it as I see it. I did not over use it, used very little and rubbed it into the skin as the directions stated. As far as coins go, will it hold larger coins? Yes it will BUT you can feel them starting to peel off and if they are large coins Like Morgans they pop off very quickly.

Now I have not tried the back of the hand with larger coins this was all done on the Palm side in various spots. My point is since it is not reliable it is just to much risk to take. ecause of this I tend to think more along the lines of "oh crap I need to get through this faster, it could fall off any second" which in turn makes things look less natural.

If you cant smell this stuff then you may want to go to a throat and nose guy and have your sniffer checked. I do not have the best sense of smell as a matter of fact I smoke so my nose is probably way below average. If I can smell it then I'm pretty sure most people can.

Inigmntoya - Thanks for the link, I will look into it.

Posted: Oct 11, 2014 10:13 am Inigmntoya - I watched the video. It looks good. I don't know what type of coins he is using but it looks like they are somewhere between the size of a nickle and a quarter. I am going to try to do it with quarters. About the only thing I use quarters for is the stack of quarters, so maybe I can use this as a lead in, now I'm thinking maybe if four of the quarters already have a little residue left on them that in itself would probably make the six loose quarters even easier to switch and should still split apart when dumping them out onto the table.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Greg,

Octopalm is handing quarters fine for me. I wouldn't even bother trying to use it for half dollars or dollars. That's not recommended anyway; can't expect the product to hold coins that heavy.

As for the smell, I have a very good sense of smell and while I can definitely smell Octopalm very strong while applying it, once it is applied the smell dissipates within a few minutes. Also, I apply it in a very thin coat and tap it for a few minutes, as Jim Bodine demonstrates clearly in the video, and I don't find any residue left on the coin. The first couple times I used Octopalm I applied it in a much heavier coat than is needed. That probably left something on the coins. But once I started applying it more thinly, I found no odor or residue issues remained.

Jim
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1695 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Will be receiving it tomorrow hopefully .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
Harry2665
View Profile
Regular user
So pitiful, all I have are
200 Posts

Profile of Harry2665
Whoever recommeded Aleene's tack it...thanks! I like this a lot better than my octopalm. Nice hold and just rubs off .
Jack Straw
View Profile
Inner circle
Wichita
1020 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
Yes, Harry, I agree- I just got my Aleene's "Tack It" today, and so far it seems to do the job very well.

No smell and no residue left on the coins.

I also tried some rubber cement. I never knew that it could be used that way, and I've been using it for quite a while for magic. I use it with an ID all the time. Rubber cement also works for these type of effects.

Although I have followed the instructions very carefully and tried over and over, I cannot get "Octopalm" to work without leaving stuff on the coins. I used as little as possible, and let it dry for a long, long time.

The $10 that you'll spend to get "Octopalm" is well worth it for the instructional video alone. Then if you decide to get some Aleene's or rubber cement, that's up to you.

For a total investment of about $20, I got something that was a bargain!
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
Harry2665
View Profile
Regular user
So pitiful, all I have are
200 Posts

Profile of Harry2665
Jack...yes, I also could not get octopalm to work without leaving stuff on the coin. I agree with you that the video was worth the ten dollars. Lots of good routines.
myshadow
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of myshadow
Bought this a couple of weeks ago and have now watched the video a couple of times. Very clear precise instruction and very well produced video - as had been said before, the video alone is worth the price paid. Have played around with the octopalm and its really good. Only a faint smell while applying and this gets much less when dry. The instructions on how to apply and how much to apply are right at the end of the video and, when follwed, seem to work well for me. I think this is excellent value and a good product.
Brian.
martysh
View Profile
Special user
Greenville,SC
526 Posts

Profile of martysh
Someone famous recently said publically that you might get this stuff to have on hand not knowing when you will ever need it. The uses seem to just show up.
I just got the latest dvd from one of the best magicians ever who did a wonderful four minute routine centering around card on the forehead.... I don't know about you guys as I have been searching for the right stuff for my hands for more than 10 + years... I think my forehead is just as.....dry!

Marty
Greenville, SC
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1695 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Bought this a week ago . Love it ! I am going to use this . Well I just find that my second deal is flawless now with the aid of it . For the amount I paid it is worth it . As I have sweaty hands I need to put quite a bit in my hand in order for it to last . But that was ok considering the amount of cream I received . Guess it will last a long time . As for the smell issue , I am not really concerned . I could't smell much once it is dried . The smell is only visible if you put it very near to your nose . Overall I like it . Great utility thing .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Did anybody beside me expirienced allergic skin reactions?
I usually do not react to anything so it really bothers me because I like the product.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Quote:
On Oct 26, 2014, ArtIn wrote:
Did anybody beside me expirienced allergic skin reactions?
I usually do not react to anything so it really bothers me because I like the product.

Eek! I wonder if this stuff was properly tested before it was released.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Just a redness on the outside of fingers, which is of course more sensitive by nature..
but you need it there for some techniques.. I will observe that..
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
There probably isn't a skin product in existence that doesn't cause skin irritation to somebody somewhere.
Most products will say to stop use if irritation develops, or test on a small area first to determine sensitivity.
Octopalm may state something like that in fine print somewhere, although it is not printed on the actual container.

Keep in mind also that allergies can develop at any time, so it is possible that a product that didn't bother you a decade ago or even a year ago, may cause irritation if used today. Sometimes the opposite is true as well.
If we outlawed every product that only a small percentage were allergic to, there wouldn't be many products left to sell.

If it turns out that a lot of folks develop allergic reactions to Octopalm then it will likely have to be discontinued.
But so far that doesn't appear to be the case.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Artin, yours is the first case I've heard about so far.

Jim
ge-ge
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of ge-ge
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2014, howie3 wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2014, rasmus wrote:
I had the chance to test this product today. what can I say? yes, it looks, feels and smells exactly like gorilla snot. just placed into another jar with a new name, that's it.

i would not recommend this, because it leaves traces on every object you touch, especially on playing cards. you will mess them up and they will not be usable for some card effects anymore.

it's extremely sticky and not only on your hands. if you want to get a better grip for coins, just use some glycerine. it's very cheap and works like a charm and is washable just with some water.

i doubt, that this product is good for your skin in long term and to remove it completely, you have to use some strong and agressiv stuff.

i definetly do not recommend this product. if you want to do the tricks teached on the dvd, there are a lot better and saver ways to do that.

i really doubt, that eric jones uses this stuff in his professional performances.

WOW, how rude.
ge-ge
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of ge-ge
I don't have any knowledge about the healtrisk to use this, but you do not need to use any strong or agressiv stuff to remove it. Just use Olivenoil - (cookingoil) and it comes off effortless.
GodOfCards
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of GodOfCards
Quote:
On Oct 29, 2014, ge-ge wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2014, howie3 wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2014, rasmus wrote:
I had the chance to test this product today. what can I say? yes, it looks, feels and smells exactly like gorilla snot. just placed into another jar with a new name, that's it.

i would not recommend this, because it leaves traces on every object you touch, especially on playing cards. you will mess them up and they will not be usable for some card effects anymore.

it's extremely sticky and not only on your hands. if you want to get a better grip for coins, just use some glycerine. it's very cheap and works like a charm and is washable just with some water.

i doubt, that this product is good for your skin in long term and to remove it completely, you have to use some strong and agressiv stuff.

i definetly do not recommend this product. if you want to do the tricks teached on the dvd, there are a lot better and saver ways to do that.

i really doubt, that eric jones uses this stuff in his professional performances.

WOW, how rude.

WOW what an obvious shill
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1696 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Just the truth!!!
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, CRAZY CARD CHANGE, POLTERGEIST, STEEL Stage Version,
X-RAY Stage Version
http://rasmusmagic.ch
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Octopalm! (64 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL