The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » FireFly by Joel Dickinson (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Weddingmagician
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Weddingmagician
This looks interesting. I love signed card to impossible location effects. Any thoughts?

http://www.warpedmagic.co.uk/products/fi......ed-magic
Adam Paul
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Adam Paul
Looks rather good. Though would be nice to see a full performance.

I'm guessing you have to be able to do a rather neat MCF though? Unfortunately, mine is not so good.
Jordanogrady
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Jordanogrady
I've been waiting for joel to release some of his material to the magic world for quite some time now!

This is a great in-expensive card to impossible location, for £15 its a bargain!

Really looking forward to the release guys, well done!!!

jordan
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1581 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
Hi,

Thanks weddingmagician, if you like signed to impossible locations then this is practical.

Hey Adam, thank you very much. You don't have to do a neat MCF, I cover this on the DVD. In this handling the method takes a small amount of practice.

Hi Jordan, thanks for your kind words. My last release was Horosecrets which was in 2010.

Thanks a lot,

Joel
jayrol251
View Profile
New user
uk
35 Posts

Profile of jayrol251
This is a brilliant idea. Can't wait to receive mine. I've seen it performed live and it looks great and has good angles and zero reset. Well done Joel. Smile
Spicoli
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Spicoli
Can anyone share the differences between this and STRIKE? http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4373 I'm killing with it, so not sure if I need another version, but curious none-the-less.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I looks like Strike uses the MCF if you reed the last review on penguin magic . I take it Adam uses a different method he said no MCF ,I perform card in mouth all the time so this is perfect ! same here not sure the difference of these two effects ?
Spicoli
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Spicoli
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2014, tophatter wrote:
I looks like Strike uses the MCF if you reed the last review on penguin magic . I take it Adam uses a different method he said no MCF ,I perform card in mouth all the time so this is perfect ! same here not sure the difference of these two effects ?

Not sure if it doesn't use a MCF as he says you don't have to do a "neat" one. Can anyone shed some light between the two? I love the card to matchbox concept, as the props are organic. I get killer reactions with Strike, so if this brings anything else to the table, I might be interested.
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1581 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
Firefly uses a regular matchbox & the tray is seen empty beforehand.
Once the card appears in the box it's then removed from the tray (it is the spectators card) rather than tipped out quickly. You've got nothing to switch and there's no question that the card came from the box.

Joel
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Thanks for the information sounds great I will check this out for sure !
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1581 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
Hi,

Noo problem. I hope you enjoy it.

If you have any questions in the meantime I'm happy to answer with the complete truth.

Thanks a lot b

Joel
Spicoli
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Spicoli
Quote:
On Sep 25, 2014, JoelDickinson wrote:
Firefly uses a regular matchbox and the tray is seen empty beforehand.
Once the card appears in the box it's then removed from the tray (it is the spectators card) rather than tipped out quickly. You've got nothing to switch and there's no question that the card came from the box.

Joel

Sounds interesting! Might have to bite on this one. If anyone has both and cares to chime in on which they prefer, I'd love to hear some more about the pros of this version of the plot over the other.
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1696 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Nice soundtrack:) exactly the one I used for my totally crazy bands dvd. watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g1nLbtVy2I

about the effect? I don't know, because there is not much to see in the demo. perhaps a full performance could help?
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, CRAZY CARD CHANGE, POLTERGEIST, STEEL Stage Version,
X-RAY Stage Version
http://rasmusmagic.ch
Weddingmagician
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Weddingmagician
Does it have to be done with a MCF or can it be done without?
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1581 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
Hey Rasmus. The music on the DVD was wrote by myself. I'll try find a link to my original tracks. Love your work Rasmus.

Hey weddingmagish. No. You don't have to be able to perform a MCF at all. If you can perform a half assed MCF then this will still work for you. The DVD lists a full routine without a MCF and the effect is still really strong.

Joel
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1581 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
Just to let you guys know Warped Magic are offering free worldwide P&P when FirFly is pre-ordered.
Best wishes,
Joel.
jayrol251
View Profile
New user
uk
35 Posts

Profile of jayrol251
I don't have strike but think I know how it works. The advantage with firefly would that the spec can stare at the open compartment as much as they like. Even put their finger in there. Very clever idea that I can imagine will be expanded to be used with bills etc
tricktac
View Profile
New user
U.K
73 Posts

Profile of tricktac
Ooh just saw this on Warped Magic site, looks great! When will this be available Joel?
jay1209
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of jay1209
I have seen this live and I must admit when I first saw this performed it completely fooled me! It is very easy to do and is a must have if your a worker. Its a simple method but very effective. Its going into my number one set very soon
Jordanogrady
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Jordanogrady
This little gem is going down a storm, used it the other day and the reactions are great.

Jordan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » FireFly by Joel Dickinson (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL