The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Ramsay Coin & Cylinder - coins? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
I would like to create my own coin stack for this effect, but was wondering if others who had done this had any suggestions or words of wisdom. What kind of tooling did you use to hollow out or best type of adhesive. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated by post or PM.

Thanks,

Mark
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Mark, you need a hand drill, vice or some way to clamp the coins, a center punch, and a few sizes of drill bits. do not try and drill a larger hole all at once, the bit will grab and bend your coin. Start finding the center of the coin, use the center punch to make a tiny dent for starting the bit. pick a small bit and drill a hole, then go to the next size up, and so on until you have a larger enough hole for your routine. You can use blue tak or wax to stick them together. or you but a two part epoxy which will hole them as well.

Hope this helps

Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
Thanks
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I got Whisper by Roger Klaus; it comes with a stack of quarters plus a penny made by Todd Lassen for a fantastic price. Maybe not the same as making your own, but I figured I'd post this as a possible alternative in case you give up! Smile

Jim
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
I made mine by cutting the hole with a jewelers saw. I then affixed the whole stack together with JB Weld. Worked like a charm with a minimum of tools. I also used replica coins to buils the stack out of as I couldn't see wasting the silver.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Jeff Kellogg
View Profile
New user
Boston
52 Posts

Profile of Jeff Kellogg
I Clamped 3 coins together in the stack position, and drilled 3 small holes around the outer most edges. I drilled corresponding holes in a scrap piece of metal- as well as half way through the top coin for the stack. I then tapped all the holes in the 3 coins with a tap- as well as into the scrap, and using the proper screws, tapped the top coin with the screw itself.

I removed the top coin, attached the 3 coin stack to the scrap with the screws, and used a drill press to cut the stack. (Make sure to use a spray bottle with water or oil to lubricate as you cut- backing off and cleaning shavings very regularly.)

Remove the screws and the stack from the scrap.

add clear high strength epoxy rated for metal to the threads of the screws, and just a touch to the faces of the coins- making sure there wasn't enough epoxy to spill out onto the edges of the coins, (wouldn't want discoloration of the epoxy over time to ruin the look.)

Screw the sucker together, allow to cure, hacksaw off the screw heads and dremel them flush, then use a dremel to bevel the rim of the hole just a bit and you're done.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Ramsay Coin & Cylinder - coins? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL