The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » 777--A new book of mentalism (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
777: A book of mentalism effects by RedDevil

Over the past several months, I have been working on an e-book of mentalism routines. It has been a project I have had a great deal of pleasure constructing, and I am nearing a release of the book sometime in October. It has 12 routines, and I believe it has something for everyone.

Since I am relatively unknown and I don’t live in an area near anyone to share the routines with in person, I have taken the liberty to send drafts of the book to about a dozen people here on Café, some of whom I have never personally met or interacted with. My question to them was: is this something that contains “quality”? Are there effects contained in this book that people who love to perform would appreciate and use? Are there ideas in this book that people would be proud to use to construct their own routines?

I have received several positive responses to these questions, and many have encouraged me to release it. I am not asking them to offer biased reviews, and it wasn’t a condition of my sending them the book. But I did want to make sure I got a realistic and objective collective opinion before I decided whether to release it or not. I don’t know if they will weigh in here, positive or negative, but I honestly feel there is something in this book that many will use and be proud to perform.

I plan to release the book as an e-book (about 150 pages in 16 point font) in October after I have had a chance to refine and finish editing.

If you are interested in receiving information about the release of the book, please email me at reddevilmentalism@gmail.com, and I will send you an update before the release.

Effects in the Eyes of the Spectator:

Creaturecard: A spectator thinks of a random creature from the earth, and somehow the performer not only reveals the creature, but apparently an entire scene from the spectator's imagination. This can be totally billet-less.

LifeLock: For all the cell phone PIN reveal junkies out there, LifeLock has a unique twist in a growing genre. The spectator creates a new "life-code" based on personal events in her life, and the code opens the spectator's lock screen. Works only with iPhones and is compatible with IOS 8.0.

Ternbata: A unique take on Rick Maue's beautiful "Terasabos" using business cards, but works 100% of the time. A great effect to carry in your wallet and an idea I think you will use for other billet/card routines. Rick honored me with his blessing on this.

Good Samaritan: Another billet-less routine, and it is a bonus effect with some special in-built structures of currency that you may able to use in other routines of your own. The spectator imagines finding a wallet filled with cash, and you tell him exactly how much is in the wallet. Nothing is written down, and you are not forcing them the total of cash.

Card Camera: This is a mini-book in itself. It is a very simple card c####g system. I shared this earlier with a few of you, and it was well received. It also contains a cellphone texting system, a number divination system, and a couple of sneaky ACAAN's you will like for just the right occasion.

Positively!: Originally published through Pablo Amira, this is my 100% full-proof method for the classic Positive/Negative plot. One prediction. No switches. No sleights. No outs. The prediction stays untouched on the table the entire time.

Deckwavoque: A full-deck equivoque presentation that you will use. Presented as a "Personality Test," the spectator's interest will be primed, and by the time they realize they have chosen a card, it will be too late to backtrack.

DeckwACAAN: A truly hands-off ACAAN, and the spectator believes his number and card are freely chosen.

The Willy of Oz: The performer guesses a classic movie from childhood that the spectators were only thinking of in their minds. A psi-force opportunity for use as a thematic "macro-effect."

The Kiss Force: A new number force that has limitless possibilities and maximum interest from your spectator. Works best for USA citizens.

Cold-Reading Queens: A combination fortune-telling and prediction with four queens using "The Kiss Force."

Personality of a Force: a re-introduction to the 37 Force that gives the apparent control back to the spectator.

If you are interested in receiving updates about the release of "777," please email me at reddevilmentalism@gmail.com.

More to come...RedDevil
www.reddevilmentalism.com
F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
Galileo
View Profile
Elite user
Somerville MA
431 Posts

Profile of Galileo
This looks interesting and I'm a huge fan of underground ebooks like this I look forward to seeing some reviews.
Art Vanderlay
View Profile
Special user
All I Read Was Corinda And Now I Have
642 Posts

Profile of Art Vanderlay
I have been lucky enough to see the work in progress of this book and I am secretly hoping that RedDevil wont release it as there are some amazing effects in there!

His PIN Reveal is outstanding, so personal for the spectator and yet so bold and sneaky!

His ACAAN effect is something I have been using for a while now (However I changed it to Tarot Cards as they fit more my style) and it blows people away! Totally hands off!!

His Currency effect (Good Samaritan) I actually told hm to NEVER release over skype when he showed me its that good! Im quite upset he has decided to release it since I love it so much!

Each effect is well thought out and a true worker. There is not fluff in this release!

RedDevil is going to be massive very soon I predict!

Kind regards
Art
THE MAN WHO CONTROLS THE ELEMENTS!
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
I, too, have watched this baby grow up. It's been great to see!

These effects are all workers. They are absolutely great. My favorite is Good Samaritan. Red Devil fooled my badly with it. Since then I have used it with great success. I personally believe this routine alone will be worth the price of the book. Genius. Extremely strong, billetless mind reading.

My second favorite is "Creature Card." This is a thing of beauty. I have used this billetless as well with great results! No branching anagrams, no spelling their word in their head, no whispering or writing down, yet you know what creature they are thinking of. Really REALLY great!

Ternbata is a powerful effect that is very fooling with nothing more than a pen and some business cards. I have enjoyed using it.

I have used his ACAAN with great success.

His life lock routine is a very interesting approach to a PIN divination. It creates a strange moment of mystery.

The kiss force fooled me badly. It's very good. As is his take on the 37 force. His addition makes it logical for once. Many here will already be familiar with his Willy of Oz force and will know how effective it is.

I love all of the effects mentioned above. I have used them multiple times and each one was met with great success.

Card camera is one I won't use. Simply because I have a better one in my repertoire. Those who don't may find value in it though.

As mentioned, this also features "Positively!" which was originally released with Amira. For me, this is the only other routine in the book I will not perform. Some may know my thoughts on this. It's not my favorite. I would never use it. And the one time I did use it, I got caught. That said, some people will love the creative nature of this. Just not me.

Over all, this will be well worth people's money. Everyone will find something. I strongly believe that.

This wasn't a review of the products as they wouldn't be fair, but I honestly say I have used the ones I said I have and they have been fantastic.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3235 Posts

Profile of NeilS
In recent months Robert has also shared with me some of the items featured in this book and in each case I have marvelled at his depth of thinking and approach. In some cases he has taken classic effects and put his own spin on them. In particular I love his Ternbata based on Rich Maue's Terasabos. Armed with just a few business cards, you have a remarkable effect which is a real delight to perform.

I have also seen other items in 777 take shape and again each has been honed so that the details and workings are just right.

Robert has admitted he may be relatively unknown to the magic community but with this release - and his amazing input in other areas (I am thinking here of his contribution to the Train Tracking forum and routines he has suggested) - he is certainly a name to watch and I hope 777 enjoys the success it deserves.

Neil
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Yes the devil in red has certainly added valuable input to the Café.

Furthermore the fact that he chose 777 and not 777 - 111 for the title of his book is refreshing and has my attention. Hahaha

Looking forward to his contribution.

J
Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1753 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
I have, and use the Card Camera. If the rest of this book is on par with that, it will be great. Looking forward to it.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On Sep 29, 2014, Chaz93 wrote:
I have, and use the Card Camera. If the rest of this book is on par with that, it will be great. Looking forward to it.

In my humble opinion, the rest is much better than card camera. So you will love it.
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Art--I remember the huge smile you gave me when I demonstrated Good Samaritan for you, and I knew it was a winner. Thank you very much!

NeilS--You've been very kind to me over this past year. Thanks for being willing to look at and offer critiques of all of my ideas in the 1000 random emails I have sent you.

John C--I love this forum. I have learned so much here and have met so many people who have been willing to mentor me. That means a lot.

Maddy--I am proud to know you, and you have a great analytical mind that has been a big help. I just never could convince you that Positively! positively kills! LOL...

Chaz--So proud to hear that you are still using Card Camera. My wife and I have had a lot of fun with it.

When people read the book, I hope they will see that I give credit to many people who frequent Café. I have learned nothing without the patience and coaching of many of you here. And some of you were probably at the point of strangling me, as I kept sending you random emails from a total stranger saying, "Hey, look at this!" Thanks to all of you for responding to those emails! Some of the ideas got crucified, but I will keep on working on those for "777.5" Smile
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Performed Good Samaritan for my girlfriend who has seen a LOT of magic. She is always very honest with me. If she thinks it sucks, she tells me. Luckily, (but not surprisingly,) it passed the test! She was completely floored. Laughed out loud at the reveal and playfully smacked me on the leg. She had absolutely no clue. This speaks volumes about the effect. The effect IS process driven, but it is natual and fun for the spectators. It is also really really nice and refreshing to have a reveal using numbers that doesn't involve any math. I guess there technically IS math, but it is hidden. There's no adding or subtracting or anything like that.

I stand by my statement that this single effect alone is worth the price of the book. I love it.
Galileo
View Profile
Elite user
Somerville MA
431 Posts

Profile of Galileo
Quote:
On Sep 29, 2014, Magic.Maddy wrote:
Performed Good Samaritan for my girlfriend who has seen a LOT of magic. She is always very honest with me. If she thinks it sucks, she tells me. Luckily, (but not surprisingly,) it passed the test! She was completely floored. Laughed out loud at the reveal and playfully smacked me on the leg. She had absolutely no clue. This speaks volumes about the effect. The effect IS process driven, but it is natual and fun for the spectators. It is also really really nice and refreshing to have a reveal using numbers that doesn't involve any math. I guess there technically IS math, but it is hidden. There's no adding or subtracting or anything like that.

I stand by my statement that this single effect alone is worth the price of the book. I love it.

My understanding was there wasn't a price on this book yet?
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Hi, all. I have settled on a price for the routines.

777 will sell for $35.00 as a PDF. I want everyone to feel they got value out of this book, but it will also be high enough so that anyone who purchases it will put in the work to give it a thorough run-through. At 150 pages and 12 routines (actually 14 or 15 if you include the subroutines in Card Camera), this book represents many, many hours of work and passion for me. And I also know that I am an unknown. So I have priced it accordingly to try to ensure that every single person who has faith enough to buy it will feel their money was well spent. My thinking is, if you feel you received quality, you will trust me the next time. That's my goal anyways...
Gourmet
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Gourmet
35 $ is about 28 Euros at the actual exchange rate.
Sounds fair to me.

Count me in. I'm definitely interested Smile
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
What is the current status and how do I order?
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
RedDevil is not red, is just the devil!

Devilish thinking, workable ideas, value for every type of performer (casual/social and professional/comercial) .
Equiv**ue with a surprising twist in presentation (I really like those dramatic moments in performance when suddenly things changes), billetless mindreading with "Good Samaritan" (Wow that was fun thru Skype!), Anytime Mentalism such as "Positively!" , intelligent methods with "Creature Card" and much more!
A recommendation from me for a new author and mind that I know that can and will be a contribution for those searching for good knowledge in Mentalism.

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Pablo, you are one of the true inspirations for this book. Without your encouragement, I wouldn't have had the courage to go forward. Thank you!

Hello, everyone. I am very excited at the interest I have received so far in the upcoming release of 777. If you are interested in details and updates, just email at reddevilmentalism@gmail.com, and I will put you on the list.

I have decided on a price of $35.00 for the PDF e-book. It has 12 sections (about 14 different routines). The comments I have heard so far from my advance proofers and readers is that 777 truly has something for everyone.

If you love billet-less, prop-less routines, I believe you will be very pleased with Good Samaritan and Creaturecard.

Want a worker PIN divination effect with an iPhone? I have offered you one with a twist that I haven't seen anywhere.

If you love ACAAN's, there are three different ones in this book.

If you enjoy business card mentalism, I am confident that you will use and love "Ternbata." There is a devious ploy in this routine that I am very proud of!

Obviously, I am passionate about the routines in this book, and I have priced the book so that every single one of you feels like he got his money's worth. Not only am I confident that there is a routine you will enjoy, but I also feel that there are some ideas in 777 that you can use to apply to your own creations.

A few disclaimers:
--Positively! only works in Spanish and English. I cannot guarantee it will work in other languages. I was informed last week that this routine is being performed by a worker at the Magic Castle multiple times a week, and he says he is killing with it.
--Good Samaritan is designed for use with currencies like dollars, euro's, and pounds. You may have to make some adjustments for other currencies. I performed this for someone from Chile the other day, and it worked great. But I had to use dollars for the effect (his denominations were in the tens of thousands...Smile. This appears to be the routine that people are most excited about, but it is not even my favorite.

Finally, I will have a week off of work next week, and I intend to work every spare minute to finalize the proofing and editing and tweaking. I want to make sure the explanations are as clear as possible so that you are successful. My goal date is October 9th or 10th for the full release. Maybe earlier.

I am not taking "pre-orders" per se, but if you are interested in ordering it, the mechanism will be via paypal to reddevilmentalism@gmail.com. If you order early, you will be the first people to receive the PDF. This will take a little time, as I am marking each of the PDF's with some identifiers. If you will, please help me keep 777 away from pirates.

If you have questions, let me know. And I also promise to be as supportive as I can to answer questions after you receive the manuscript. I work another job, so I will be available nights and weekends.

I will update you soon...And thanks again to this forum and all of you "mentors" out there. You know who you are.

"RW Cosley" (RedDevil)
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Looks promising! Good luck my friend!
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Thanks, Luca!

I have already been getting orders for the book today, and I will make sure to prioritize those to be sent first when the release happens next week. One of you paid me twice! (I refunded you already btw...). Will get everyone an update in the next day or so. It occurred to me that these should go out before MindVention, so you should have something to read on the plane! I'm jealous that I cannot go.
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
I've not had the chance to read all of this yet, but I really liked the Good Samaritan piece that I have read.

It was a clever idea and I've been impressed in the past with the approach that 'The Devil' takes to mentalism generally. I expect the rest of this book to be very good.

Best,

Atlas
XyGreg
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of XyGreg
Mhh, it sounds good indeed Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » 777--A new book of mentalism (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL