The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo/Tricks Co. Ltd. Japan (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kwarren
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of kwarren
I posted this question elsewhere on the care without any response so I thought I would try here.
Does anyone own the Tricks Company item "The Color Symphony" by Toshio Akanuma. I was wondering if the effect was any good and if the quality of the materials was any good.

Thanks,

Kirk
kwarren
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of kwarren
Since I didn't get any responses to this post, I bit the bullet and purchased this effect from the big auction site for $32.50. I've always been curious about this particular version but rarely saw one up for sale.

I was very pleased with quality of this item. It was listed as "used" but it was in close to mint condition.
The records were about the size of a standard 45 Rpm record. Both the records and the record holder/frame were made of a flexible yet durable type of heavier plastic and made to last. The colors were bright and vivid for stage performance.

The effect as described on the instructions is as follows:
The red pigment from a red record is magically taken out and turns into a red silk, the once red record is now left transparent. Next, the red silk changes to blue, furthermore the performer takes the blue silk, make a magical gesture throwing at the record...Presto!! The blue silk has disappeared and the once transparent record has now visually changed to blue.

Though some seem to feel that this type effect is out dated, I believe the right presentation would make this a beautiful and colorful piece of magic.

Seomagic-USA has a video of this trick on their website called the "Ultimate Color Changing Records" by TRIX which includes an addition color change with a yellow record (Unfortunately, it has been unavailable for some time).

http://www.seomagic-usa.com/catalog/prod......s_id/722

My set did not come with a yellow record nor was it mentioned in the instructions.

The Tricks Co. Ltd must have really liked this type of effect as I've found several versions released by this company including "Color Rhapsody," "The Color Symphony," "Color Changing Records," "Fantastic 45," and "Color Changing Compact Discs." I'm not 100% certain but I believe each effect uses a different method. Perhaps someone who owns each of these can comment on them.

Kirk
Holistic Magic
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Holistic Magic
Is what you have similar to Tenyo's Silk Seranade?

http://www.seomagic-usa.com/catalog/prod......s_id/520
kwarren
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of kwarren
I have Tenyo's Silk Seranade that I purchased over 30 years ago. It is made of thin cardboard. The one on Seo's web site looks glossy and perhaps a little better quality. Do you have this one?

Color Symphony uses a very different method from the Tenyo version. I like both versions though.
Holistic Magic
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

No, I do not have any of them.
kwarren
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of kwarren
Nu-Way Color Changing Records by Ton Onosaka looks good but a little too high priced for me.
:-/
Holistic Magic
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

What the heck is a record? Just kidding. Smile
kwarren
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of kwarren
Hum???.... is it possible to come up with a color changing mp3 file effect? Smile
Holistic Magic
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

No but you can do color changing thumb drives in a manner similar to color changing knifes.
kwarren
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of kwarren
I just did a search and found "Flash" by Chad Long. Go figure Smile
Http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2811
kwarren
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of kwarren
Does anyone know what this version of the Color Changing Records is called and where it can be purchased?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxa054Idsms

The only version I can find is the one where three black records change to three different colors and then back to black.
I really like the change from three black to three yellow and then to three different colors where fronts and backs are shown for all three colors.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo/Tricks Co. Ltd. Japan (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL