The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Where do YOU buy your coin gaffs from? (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
mahucharn
View Profile
Elite user
418 Posts

Profile of mahucharn
Pretty self-explanatory post I think -- where do you buy your coin gaffs/gimmicks from and why?
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Todd Lassen Because He Is the BEST! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Todd for the same reason as David.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
I watch the for sale forums here for interesting items. Some real bargains can be found. If I was having something custom made, I'd go with Lassen.
cperkins
View Profile
Special user
700 Posts

Profile of cperkins
Todd Lassen for unsurpassed craftsmanship.
To see a difficult thing lightly handled gives the impression of the impossible.
(Goethe)
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Haven't bought in a while.

Started with

Sterling back in the 70's

Then went to Johnson

Then to Todd L.

Harris d
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
emagicain
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of emagicain
Roy kueppers... good quality and reasonable price
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Always Johnson Magic Products. Never could afford anything else. They're great! Smile

Doug
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Depends on what you want to do, perhaps even what level you are, how much money you can spend, etc.

I think if you don't want to spend a lot of money for good enough coin gaffs, then Johnson is the way to go. If you don't mind spending real good money for great work, then yeah, Lassen, Schoolcraft are good places to go. Another good place with more affordable great work is Kueppers.

If you're beginner to intermediate, then Johnson will do the trick. If you're a showman, creator or old-hand in this stuff then by all means, reach for the stuff on the top shelf. I've seen guys with great gaffs that are decent at best even with help, Smile then I've seen guys with Johnson and even Tango products that are as good as it gets with these little helpers. Pick your poison. Smile

And me, I have gaffs from all over the place, good - better - best, but I prefer to equally enough, use none of them most of the time…I'm just sayin', Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Lassen or Kueppers for me.
Todd
MorrisCH
View Profile
Veteran user
393 Posts

Profile of MorrisCH
Do you guys ever had any problem contacting Todd?
I remember 3 years ago I tried to buy some gaffs from him, send him at least 4 or 5 email, but he never reply
is it different now?
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
As Had been said so many times It's so much Better to call Him!!! He gets Like 100 or so E-Mail A day! And For the custom Stuff He is Just ONE MAN!!! And he can Go make 10 gaffs Of Reply to 10 E-Mails! So If you Want Stuff CALL HIM!!! Or Post on his Blog!!! Any way that my 2 Cents! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
It should also be mentioned here, along the more affordable line of things, that Joe Mogar provides some really good gaffed coins, and even provides nice replica alternatives that won't break the bank. Smile Besides some nice real coin work, I think he had the good sense to offer nice replica coins (and replica coin gaffs for them), long before anyone else mentioned here, and this stuff looks, feels and plays pretty good. Of course now, others have tried it and found a market out there that was just waiting for such a decent-enough alternative to all the high-price stuff. Thank God! I had been suggesting such a thing for years. Smile

Joe offers a lot of good magical stuff on his website, but his coin offerings are impressive, different, and deserve consideration, IMHO. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Your so right Marion.Joe does have some excellent galfs.
And he is a heck of a nice fella to deal with too.
He also has some nice creations of his own too.
Todd
jeebs9
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of jeebs9
Thanks for all the post guys. I'm going to look at a few of the suggestions here! Thank You!!
mahucharn
View Profile
Elite user
418 Posts

Profile of mahucharn
I'd also like to thank everyone that has commented. I've got this great idea for a 3-fly routine that would require a shell to be used, so this has truly given me a lot of great places to start looking for said shell. Thanks again everyone!
snowpuppy
View Profile
Veteran user
Juneau,Alaska
325 Posts

Profile of snowpuppy
Kueppers,Lassen,Mason/Swalding and Morgar with Kueppers getting most of my business.
FrankieF
View Profile
Veteran user
So Cal
334 Posts

Profile of FrankieF
Johnson Has worked for me and been reasonable with price.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Johnson, Joe Mogar, and Todd Lassen. (Haven't been able to afford many Lassen products until lately with his commercial offerings!)

Jim
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Todd Lassen.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Where do YOU buy your coin gaffs from? (5 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL