The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The ULTIMATE close-up and busking table, case, and stand (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
The maker of the Happie Amp is now going to make a busker's table if enough people sign up to make it worthwhile.

I've been making due with a makeshift one, but I think this will work well!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/341......se-and-s
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Looks pretty nice. Not wild about the look of the suitcase sitting on top of the cloth, but then again it's removable. And it would have been handy to include rails on the suitcase top to keep balls from rolling off, but all in all it looks like a practical and durable solution. The built-in servante is nice, and the price is reasonable.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
I always love Brian's work. I agree with the suggested rails on the briefcase and might also suggest a wrap around velvet skirting to block the briefcase and still hide the servante. You've got me thinking though. Smile

Dan.
bhappie
View Profile
Regular user
B. Happie Entertainment, LLC
123 Posts

Profile of bhappie
The velvet skirting is a seperate piece and could be put over the case instead of under but then you limit your access to the inside. I have been using it for about a year and it works very nicely. I can see what you mean about the rails but I wonder how high they would have to be? If you are doing 2.5" sponge balls outdoors the thing would have to look like a cage fight arena. :o)
Zuke
View Profile
Veteran user
353 Posts

Profile of Zuke
Just what the magic world needs, another table. Pass.
Imind
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Imind
Im very interested. But I need to know the approximated charge for shipping to europe before commiting.
Imind
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Imind
Im very interested in buying. But need to know the approximated shipping charges to Europe before commiting.
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

Brian,

Does the table top thread mount to the tripod base or is there a quick release? Do you have a clean photo of the setup from the front audience view? Great idea on the magnet anchors for the case.

Dan.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
3009 Posts

Quote:
On Oct 8, 2014, Zuke wrote:
Just what the magic world needs, another table. Pass.

"In a world of fast food, there's always room for a five-star restaurant."

In short, if this is good, it's worth putting out.
GodOfCards
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of GodOfCards
Hmm, looks like a $25 briefcase and a $20 camera tripod with some standard mounts fitted to it.

Good luck with it.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
3009 Posts

GodOfCards - the thing is, a $25 briefcase might well look, but not perform or last, like a much more expensive one that is better built. It's hard to tell from the video exactly how "quality" this briefcase is, so I'm going on the reputation of the builder here, which is good. And a $25 briefcase is not going to have the built-in close-up pad on top. I also like the apparent heft of the plate that makes up the table - it looks as though it is built to hold more weight, and not just in the center, than similar flat tables that are sold for laptops and such. Then you also get the drape, the servante, and the fact that the table top is cut to the same size as the briefcase, which wisely has magnetic feet to secure everything together. At $200, I think this compares nicely with other options on the market, and there's no other package out there quite like this one.
GodOfCards
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of GodOfCards
Quote:
On Oct 8, 2014, MaxfieldsMagic wrote:
GodOfCards - the thing is, a $25 briefcase might well look, but not perform or last, like a much more expensive one that is better built. It's hard to tell from the video exactly how "quality" this briefcase is, so I'm going on the reputation of the builder here, which is good. And a $25 briefcase is not going to have the built-in close-up pad on top. I also like the apparent heft of the plate that makes up the table - it looks as though it is built to hold more weight, and not just in the center, than similar flat tables that are sold for laptops and such. Then you also get the drape, the servante, and the fact that the table top is cut to the same size as the briefcase, which wisely has magnetic feet to secure everything together. At $200, I think this compares nicely with other options on the market, and there's no other package out there quite like this one.

You're right, of course. I guess I'm just jealous I didn't think of taking $50 worth of material and slightly modifying it to sell it for $200.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
3009 Posts

I'm guessing that when you add up all of the "slight" modifications you refer to, not to mention the free shipping for a heavy item in the USA, purchasers will be getting full value for their money.
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

Brian's ongoing post sale support with his products has always been exceptional. I hope this new release is no different. For the record, I have no affiliation with Brian or his company in any way other than as a UCC customer.

Dan.
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1538 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
Been using exactly this type of setup for over 5 years now... and it didn't cost me $300.
"All you need is in Fitzkee."
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
3009 Posts

Quote:
On Oct 8, 2014, Ekuth wrote:
Been using exactly this type of setup for over 5 years now... and it didn't cost me $300.

The Kickstarter table setup is being sold for $200...
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Oct 8, 2014, GodOfCards wrote:

You're right, of course. I guess I'm just jealous I didn't think of taking $50 worth of material and slightly modifying it to sell it for $200.

But that is pretty well standard for this type of thing. It takes more time than many people think to produce an item even if you are just "slightly modifying" it, and they're not doing it as a personal favor to you so they need to make it worthwhile or why even bother with it.
You are naive if you think that that is an unreasonable mark-up, and especially if shipping were to be included.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
3009 Posts

Over half way to the funding goal! Spread the word. This looks like a project worth funding.
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
If I didn't already have something that works well for me, I would probably go for it.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
bhappie
View Profile
Regular user
B. Happie Entertainment, LLC
123 Posts

Profile of bhappie
Quote:
On Oct 8, 2014, GodOfCards wrote:
Hmm, looks like a $25 briefcase and a $20 camera tripod with some standard mounts fitted to it.

Good luck with it.

I wanna shop where you shop.

This reminds me of the customer who says- "You charge how much??!?! For an hour??!?"
The problem is the same- They don't know what goes into that "hour".

Anyone here who saw the case at a convention I brought it to? Many people got to touch it in person.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The ULTIMATE close-up and busking table, case, and stand (5 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL