The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » ESPoe & SPIRTS of the DEAD (150 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Looking forward to them, Mat
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
actorcoop
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of actorcoop
Beautiful, Beautiful cards. I love that they are clearly Poe flavored, but the faces of the Spirits of The Dead cards have a more versatile victorian design. They are the only Alphabet cards I use right now. Also the m****ing system for both packs are very clever.
*I knew you were going to read this
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
I am enjoying my stage size ESPoe cards immensely. Here's a few photos of them in action - they are the opening routine in my show.

And below you shall see two hearts that beat as one as our very own Nobody Jones got married a week ago - and in my Victorian Magic Room nonetheless! Congrats to the newlyweds who are heading off to their honeymoon destination as I type this I'm sure!

ESPoe has my highest recommendation as I have stated in a previous post - I do love using them!

Thanks again Perkins for releasing these to the bizarre community!
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
I can't wait!!

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
950 Posts

Profile of Perkins
Thanks for the props and the pics, lads! Does me dark heart good to read this as I stand in line for the Haunted Mansion @ Disneyland!

Glad you got them while you could. Truth be told - stock is dwindling and I have no plans for another run.
The Séance Party
http://www.theseanceparty.com
actorcoop
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of actorcoop
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2015, Perkins wrote:
Does me dark heart good to read this as I stand in line for the Haunted Mansion @ Disneyland!

I could not be more jealous of you right now! "Your cadaverous pallor betrays an aura of foreboding.. Almost as those you sense a disquieting metamorphosis" My favorite host in all of Disneyland Smile
*I knew you were going to read this
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
So cool Perkins. I will be doing just that come the first week in January!
!
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
950 Posts

Profile of Perkins
In the warm afterglow of ECSS II, I find myself with 10 leftover decks of 'unmarked' SPIRITS of the DEAD seance cards. I brought these out special for East Coast Spirit Sessions and would like them to fulfill their dark destiny. I'll offer them up to Spooky at the same price.

Contact me via PM if you want more info.

Bizarre Regards,
Perkins

The Séance Party
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
I ordered a deck of these and I believe I'm going to be very glad I did!! Smile

Perkins
View Profile
Special user
950 Posts

Profile of Perkins

"One More Mask" by E.R. Perkins

I just bumped into a routine that I wrote up that uses those three "Masks of Poe" cards from the SPIRITS of the DEAD deck. It's only been published once before in a private contest, but I thought I might break the seal and share it with whomever was interested. It's a strange little bit of theater.

If you have the SOTD deck, and would like a copy, just email me (my address on pg.3) the last sentence found on the last page of the deck manual. I'll email it to you -- this week only.

Bizarre Regards,
Perkins
The Séance Party
Brian Thomas
View Profile
New user
Virginia
61 Posts

Profile of Brian Thomas
I ordered the regular size ESPoe deck along with the Spirits of the Dead cards. I also added the coffin nails...couldn't resist. I suppose a fitting case or box is in order.
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
950 Posts

Profile of Perkins
“Said I not that my senses were acute? I now tell you that I heard her first feeble movements in the hollow coffin. I heard them — many, many days ago — yet I dared not — I dared not speak!”

Madeline tells me that it is time, once again, to give away a couple decks of ESPoe from the dwindling stock down in Usher’s vault. Tis the Season, fellow Spookies! A little treat from your old pal Perkins to help you get in the spirit.

http://www.lebanoncircle.co.uk/collectio......ts/espoe

To be entered in the drawing for a free deck you need only indicate your undying love for Edgar Allan Poe by quoting his work in this thread. You may, if you rather, share how the Master of the Macabre has shown his influence over one of your routines. If you have no other option, simply scratch on the lid. Maybe someone will hear you.

I’ll gather up the names of all the entrants, in the hat of my choosing, and select two winners on the evening of Wednesday the 19th. A PM will follow with request for mailing address and email. Deck manual and performance addendum emailed immediately. The cards themselves will be mailed out to you on Friday morn, wherever you may be. With a little luck, you should have them by Halloween.

Bizarre Regards,
Perkins
The Séance Party
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
"The spirits of the dead who stood in life before thee are again in death around thee and their will shall overshadow thee - be still."

Not only do I use these frighteningly lovely cards in one of my programs, I love Poe so much that I perform two shows that are all Poe stories and poems, and another show is half Poe along with a few other classic authors of mystery and horror. See pics in previous post to see these in action for real life audiences.

Chad
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
"The man wore motley. He had on a tight fitting parti-striped dress and his head was surmounted by the conical cap and bells."

greerj
View Profile
Loyal user
East Tennessee
283 Posts

Profile of greerj
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity". Edgar Allan Poe.

Thank you for the opportunity.

John Greer
lin
View Profile
Special user
California
877 Posts

Profile of lin
It was many and many a year ago,
In a kingdom by the sea...

:) I already have a set--lovely cards-- no need to add my name to the hat.
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
Quote:
On Oct 18, 2016, lin wrote:

Same here. No need to put my name in. I'm just here for the fun of it.
topherhester
View Profile
Loyal user
295 Posts

Profile of topherhester
I recite Poe's Spirits of the Dead in its entirety as the opener to my show and have for the last 2 years. I have it memorized and I say it while we are in the pitch dark. When I say "The breeze, the breath of God is still, and the mist upon the hill" I wave a fan with long tails on it that makes a nice creepy noise and makes the spectators feel cold. "Shadowy, Shadowy - yet unbroken, is a symbol and a token. How it hangs upon the trees. A mystery of mysteries."

Would love a set to add to my already Poe-esque show!
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
950 Posts

Profile of Perkins
Quote:
On Oct 18, 2016, Chad C. wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 18, 2016, lin wrote:

Same here. No need to put my name in. I'm just here for the fun of it.

Thanks Lin and Chad. Thanks for playing along!
The Séance Party
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
991 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
"A million candles have burned themselves out. Still I read on." (The Cask of Amontillado)

Thanks for the opportunity!

Smile Smile
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » ESPoe & SPIRTS of the DEAD (150 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL