The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » What decks are used for this trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

arcalis66
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of arcalis66
Hi was just wondering what decks are used for this trick I though the brainwave deck me be in use but the person swears he is not using this deck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QySAL-TVPSQ
LesL
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of LesL
I could do this with a Svengali deck.
Thorn
View Profile
New user
United States Virgin Islands
66 Posts

Profile of Thorn
I am almost sure he used a Svengali deck for selecting the first card "random " .
Thorn
View Profile
New user
United States Virgin Islands
66 Posts

Profile of Thorn
I don't wanna expose anything unintentionally but the handling seem a little weird to me . I could be wrong . You can PM if you like to
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On Oct 20, 2014, arcalis66 wrote:
Hi was just wondering what decks are used for this trick

(/sarcasm on)
All three decks appear to be BICYCLE brand cards.

That's what you were asking about, right? Not inquiring for someone to blatantly expose a method?
(/sarcasm off)

Method aside, while not the worst, it's a good example of bad YouTube "magic". Three decks?
Why didn't the selected card simply disappear from the first blue deck and into the red one?
He finishes trying to emphasize that the card was merely thought of, but any spectator is going to remember there was a lengthy selection process.
arcalis66
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of arcalis66
The start of the trick where he picks a random card Im sure is genuine because usually he would just get a spectator to name any random card but because he was alone he had to do it this way to make it look as genuine as possible.
The second part of the trick where he has 2 packs left one blue one red is what I was more interested in ie the decks used I was only asking this because on the you tube comments he says he did not use a invisible deck or a brainwave deck so I was intrigued because I thought he used at least one of them.

Here's the trick done by Mark Strivings but this time with a spectator.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2Ip-d5hBBQ
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Why don't you try contacting Mark Strivings directly?

I found contact info for him in this thread - It's from 2012, but it could still be current:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=15#1

Or do you think he just *might* have an objection to handing out the method to one of his commercially marketed effects for free to some random stranger?

Perhaps instead you should consider telling him you're a fan of this effect and wish to PURCHASE it from him?
arcalis66
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of arcalis66
There's always one

If You read my post at no point have I asked how this trick is performed as I already know ,i have performed this trick myself using the decks I mentioned above and as I stated all I was interested in was some feedback on what other magicians thought as the person doing the trick says he didn't use the decks I know to be used in the trick.

Everybody has been really helpful with answering what I asked except one person who has branded me as a random stranger bumming the forums for a free trick...lol like I said there's always one ..how dare you speak like that who the hell are you to just finger point and brand people..and don't bother replying as I wont reply and lower myself to your standards and get into a cat fight

To everyone else thanks a lot
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
I already know ,i have performed this trick myself using the decks I mentioned above

You just demonstrated that you clearly don't know. Maybe you perform something _similar_ to it, but the trick _cannot_ be presented in the manner shown in both videos with a Brainwave deck. Take a look at your Brainwave deck - it's physically impossible. If you were to use a Svengali as suggested, or any force for that matter, the card that "travels" would not be a free choice.

So let's recap. As a new user with this thread representing (at this point in time) the sum total of all of your posts here ever, and the total of what we know about you, we only have that you are aware of three of the most common gaffed decks -- Invisible, Brainwave, Svengali. You saw an effect performed that (truthfully**) claims not to use any of those decks, and you're stumped:

Quote:
I was interested in was some feedback on what other magicians thought as the person doing the trick says he didn't use the decks I know to be used in the trick.

So you come here and ask how it's done:

Quote:
what decks are used for this trick

You then expect us to think you're not a random stranger seeking exposure? Put yourself in the shoes of someone on the other side of the computer screen.

As for "everyone else" (two other new users), well, I guess they must be right. So run out and buy a Svengali deck and let us know how things go when people start naming random cards.

----
**When I first posted about the performance in the first video I hadn't read the YouTube comments, and I apparently misheard his rationale for picking from the 1st deck, and thought a spectator's random selection from the 1st deck was part of his process for the actual the effect. I don't know why he chose to spend four minutes of an 8 minute video trying to show the selection was truly random, because if he wanted to he still could have controlled the selection anyway.
LesL
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of LesL
I can only comment on the trick that I SAW. I could do that with a Svengali. I can't comment on a trick I DIDN'T see - freely thought of card. That would only be conjecture anyway since Eddini has not revealed to me HIS method for doing that. Why should I give ANY credence to Eddini's claim if he doesn't demonstrate the effect?
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On Oct 22, 2014, LesL wrote:
Why should I give ANY credence to Eddini's claim if he doesn't demonstrate the effect?

Because the original poster of this thread pointed to another video of the same trick that totally bypasses the convoluted selection process.

See: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=203#5

I do agree, that with the 3rd deck in play, _any_ kind of force makes the rest of the trick quite simple. But it also changes it from a "think of a card" trick to a "pick a card" trick.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » What decks are used for this trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL