The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Best Cup Routines? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
5734 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
There seem to be a lot of best cup. Or what kind cups do people buy? But this is about best routines.

I like the Jim Ryan and Dai Vernon routines.

And the David Roth Chop cup routine.

Anyone else?
Glenn Bishop

The Punch Deck Pro.

Glenn Bishops Ace Cutting And Riffle Shuffle Triumphs.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Staff
Maryland
5038 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Man this is a hard one!

I like (and perform) the Michael Skinner "Impromptu Cups and Balls Routine", John Mendoza's brilliant "Sequel to the John Mendoza Cups and Balls Routine (including the actual Mendoza C&B routine), and Irv Weiner's "Non-nesting Cups and Balls" depending on the venue and what I am carrying. I consider the three to be great for small venue and close-up work. I guess for all around amazement my first choice for "best" would be Mendoza's. For totally impromptu I'd rank Skinner's the absolute best.

However for big venues and street work I like Gazzo's routine (a take on Vernon's routine). The Gazzo touch is hard to beat for the big venue performance.

For Chop Cup It is difficult to beat Don Allen's (as outlined by Ron Bauer). But I like/learned Ken Brooke's handling (and love watching Paul Daniels perform it). I'd say that the Brooke version is almost pure Allen with a minor touch or two difference. I learned the Brooke routine first and thought at the time it was the pure Allen routine.

I also like Jim Sisti's "The Working Professional's Chop Cup". Sisti's is pretty much the Allen/Brooke handling with a different patter line (knot making the spectator the foil and taking the sting out of the presentation).

I pretty much do the Brooke version using the Sisti patter idea and with a Mendoza cup (bought from John and an approved item).
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Best Cup Routines? (0 Likes)
  Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.048262 seconds, requiring 16 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [4] [9] [2] [4] [3] [3] [6] [1]