The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Pipe and Draping (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kendrix
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of Kendrix
My pipe and draping are starting to look a little worn. I was wanting input on what other members think are good systems and where to purchase them. I know tis topic is a little mundane but I was hoping there is something better and quicker set up than my system.
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1226 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
I got my pipe and drape from rosebrand.com, I am real happy with it!
socalmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
267 Posts

Profile of socalmagic
I like pipe and drape because anyone familiar with it can set it up. In addition, it is very flexible to varying performance conditions. Finally, most backdrops won't work outdoors, but pipe and drape will work with heavy plates and sandbags. By the way, the pipe should last a really long time, and it should not matter if it's worn looking, because it is never seen by the audience. The only thing that should need to be replaced are the drapes and the slots on the uprights, and you can replace those.
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
Are you referring to the curtains or to the pipes and stands?

curtains you can get Panne print material even from wal mart but Jo Ann fabric sells it all the time.

mine have lasted me over 10 years and the best part is you never have to iron them!! never!!

sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
I've purchased drapes from this website in the past: http://www.onlineeei.com

They were good quality, with hems (channels) at the top and bottom, and they are already treated to be fire retardant.

- Donald

P.S. There are other threads on curtains, backdrops, etc. in the F/X area of the Café. That's where most of the discussions on that topic take place, along with most of the discussions on PA systems.
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Kendrix
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of Kendrix
Thanks for the help. I ordered new ones from the site Donald Dunphy suggested.
Patrick Miller
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of Patrick Miller
A bit expensive but I have seen none better than Spider.
kendavis
View Profile
Regular user
182 Posts

Profile of kendavis
Don,
I agree. I have used them for years. There are a number of competitors that also sell similar designs. With sand bags they do well outside. For compact folding type for indoors, don't buy them from a magic dealer. Go to a professional photo shop. They have the stands, bars in various lengths, and even background cloth priced well below magic sites.
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of thomasR
As a side note, it's a good idea to buy curtains from a professional source (like Rosebrand) - you want curtains that are legally approved to be flame retardant if you ever need to use them in a facility that cares about things like that.
AGMagic
View Profile
Special user
Cailf.
775 Posts

Profile of AGMagic
Quote:
On Dec 26, 2014, thomasR wrote:
As a side note, it's a good idea to buy curtains from a professional source (like Rosebrand) - you want curtains that are legally approved to be flame retardant if you ever need to use them in a facility that cares about things like that.

Actually you ALWAYS want certified flame retardant drapes. You don't want to set set someone's house on fire or add to a fire that injures someone.
Tim Silver - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Magic-Woodshop/122578214436546

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Visualize Whirled Peas!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Pipe and Draping (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL