The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sympathetic 10 - Joerg Alexander (16 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Sparkybear
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Sparkybear
Been toying with the idea of trying different cards to Bicycles having bought a few dud decks recently (which is a big deal here in Tenerife as I have to import them in). Then Mr Nardi made me rethink it again having bought Limitless. Went to Card-Sharks site to look around re Phoenix cards. When I stumbled upon Sympathetic 10..... Am putting together a parlour show and have been looking for a real in your face, visual head scratcher with no (from specs point of view) chance of "jiggery pokery" on the part of the magician. Having watched a few vid of this effect and the comments here... Just ordered it. Just ordered a few cards as well to see if I will be jumping the dyke so to speak.

Will feedback my findings from a relatively inexperienced performers point of view when I get them all - the cards and Sympathetic 10.
johndevacmaker
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of johndevacmaker
Mine arrived today
Brilliant routine easy to follow DVD and the prep fun to do
I will use David's suggestion instead of the fan xxxxx thanks for that David
Same result with no risk
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Special user
Chicago area
880 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
I've done this a number of times already... don't be afraid of the fan force.

I like the force because it gets another spectator involved, and it seems so fair.

Although I love David's suggestion, someone could think that you did some sleight of hand to change which card is reversed.

I say bolder is better. : )

Either way it's a great trick!
Make your show FUNNIER with Rindercella & Tim's announcements cd

funny pre-show announcements sample!

Tim Hannig Store

[email]tim@pkshow.com[/email]
David Klass
View Profile
Special user
Beckenham, England
693 Posts

Profile of David Klass
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2015, Tim Hannig wrote:
I've done this a number of times already... don't be afraid of the fan force.

I like the force because it gets another spectator involved, and it seems so fair.

Although I love David's suggestion, someone could think that you did some sleight of hand to change which card is reversed.

I say bolder is better. : )

Either way it's a great trick!

I actually agree. I too use the fan force Smile
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
1155 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Our stock has arrived with us today in the UK and this lives up to all my expectations.

It's easy to do and a great package and DVD teaching.

You can check it out here http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/new-magic/s......der.html
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

*** Pleased to be different ***

Twitter @saturnmagic www.twitter.com/saturnmagic

www.themagiczone.co.uk
stempleton
View Profile
Special user
956 Posts

Profile of stempleton
TaDa! Mine arrived today, after an unexpected delay in shipping due to convention attendance by the mfg./distributors. First thoughts, very nice. Great subtleties in handling throughout. Great packaging and good production values (shakey/noisy cameras, etc., but whatever) and nice explanations and directions. Won't review until performed in real world, but this looks like a winner.

Now my question, which many will find absurd but those who know me know my passion towards music. Can anyone tell me what music is used while the menu screens, etc play? I don't wish to use it, I just like it. Perhaps someone at chard shark or even Saturn might be able to tell me.

Any response greatly appreciated.
Steve Templeton
www.HimpactIllusion.com
TuneHV
View Profile
Special user
657 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Funny you mention it, I also enjoyed the music used on the menu screens.
illusion123
View Profile
New user
Wolverhampton, England
87 Posts

Profile of illusion123
Sympathetic 10 beautiful effect for parlour. The explanation is very clear and I also like the alternative force by David. Although I think it is stronger if people can see the actual card reversed. I wonder if there could be be another way of doing this without using the fan force. The fan force never looks very fair to me.
iluzjonista
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of iluzjonista
I like that effect a lot but I don't like the fact that you have to force exact card with provided gimmick. Jorg is left handed and forcing that card is not very comfortable for right handed person.
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1458 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
I demonstrated this effect at the recent conventions and NEVER failed with the Fan Force. Use it!!!!

The music I chose for the DVD is from Smartsound. I really like the way how you can choose a song and then even can edit the output. You can find it here:
http://www.smartsound.com/royalty-free-m......ed+Mind/

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
SmittyWitty
View Profile
Loyal user
Fairhaven, MA
227 Posts

Profile of SmittyWitty
Anyone know if the MMS Wonder Sealer is still being made? If you're going to perform this effect a lot, the sealer would come in handy. Just a thought.
learachel
View Profile
Veteran user
398 Posts

Profile of learachel
Quote:
On Oct 30, 2014, ABK-Magic wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 29, 2014, dj wrote:
Jörg Alexander is a well known magician in Germany.
Jörg Alexader's Smpatetic 10 is a brilliant.

And his Ace Assembly routine exactly like this:
http://vimeo.com/97311307

Ohhh yes, this is brilliant too. I can highly recommend all of his books. Very clever and very good routines and effects.

where I could find it?
Sparkybear
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Sparkybear
After my parcel getting stuck in customs, I finally got my copy (with a few boxes of Phoenix Cards) about 2 weeks ago. As promised here is my review - remember its from a relatively inexperienced performers stand point.

The cards supplied are of great quality and the DVD is really good. The tuition, history and explanation is first class. If you didn't know about him or the trick before watching the DVD, you can really tell he has worked this effect extensively.

I more or less "got it" having watched it a couple of times. the ONLY thing that scared me was the F** !@#$*... For me it is very bold... with my lack of experience that kind of stuff doesn't half make me a bit edgy. Anyway I practised it all and gave it the usual spin with the other half... It got her 1st try without any problem, except the F** !@#$*... I think I telegraphed it a wee bit, and the patter to "get me out of the miss, didn't really go down well with her as she smelled a rat - She usually does - but once the reveal happened it threw her, even with my nervy F F. Why? Cause even though she smelled something "happened then" she couldn't get it to connect with what happened in the final reveal.

Last Saturday I performed it for the first time live with a "real" audience. After the usual table hopping at the restaurant, the usual thing happened with the "last table stragglers"... "Can you show us something else". So, in a impromptu "parlour setting" I did a mystery box routine then went into Sympathetic 10. It totally fried them, even got just under €30 in tips from doing it.

SInce then I have done it 7 times and it has fried every single time. I have only missed the FF once out of those 7 and it wasnt noticed a bit. It fried every single time.

Well worth the money.

On a seperate note... PHOENIX CARDS.

As I said previously, of late I have gotten a few dud boxes of bicycle cards and to further annoy me the latest box I ordered have a stupid graphic on the front of the box which, for me, cheapens things even more. out of that last brick 4 out of the 12 packets were crap.

The phoenix cards....... different class.... well cut, nice feel and both way faro's with no "breaking in". I will have to use them longer to confirm everything, but so far they remain in a "usable" state far longer than bicycle cards. Specs don't seem to care about the "different looking backs" either. The only problem is the gaffs I got for some of my favourite tricks. I am worried about the specs being suspicious if I swapped in bike just to do those tricks.

IMHO the quicker all the magic producers etc swap over to Phoenix cards the better.
BaryBazz
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of BaryBazz
I purchased this recently at Blackpool and give it my highest recommendation will go straight into my A list.

I love his McDonald's aces routines but does anyone know if his books are available in English as this routine is explained in one of them.

Barry
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1458 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Yes, I think is is available as well, under Fant Ace tic or so. I can find out.

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
BaryBazz
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of BaryBazz
Thanks Christian but I can't find it do you have a link

Barry
learachel
View Profile
Veteran user
398 Posts

Profile of learachel
Yes please ;-)
swayne100
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of swayne100
Does anyone know if it's possible to buy just the cards or replacements?
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2194 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
The effect is explained in the book by Flicking Fingers "The Book" Don't Forget to Point.
The cards can easily be made which is gone over, so you don't have to worry about buying cards as long as you have a deck.
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
doiron
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of doiron
Swayne100 - I think it will take you a very, very long time to wear out those cards. Remember, you don't shuffle them so you're not wearing them out that way. As well, they're made by Card Shark and are high quality.

I suspect you could do the effect for years before having to look for replacements.

You should try to keep them clean, of course, so that they don't look out of place but that's easy.

Having said that, perhaps Christian will consider selling replacements for magicians who lose their cards or damage them somehow. What about it, Christian?
Patrice
View Profile
New user
FRANCE, Normandy, Rouen
11 Posts

Profile of Patrice
Hi davidpaul$ : "The cards can easily be made which is gone over...".

Would you please develop ?

I asked Card-Shark if it was possible to get extra set of special cards... Said "yes"... for 6 euros each special card... :-(
rowland
View Profile
Special user
825 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2015, Patrice wrote:
Hi davidpaul$ : "The cards can easily be made which is gone over...".

Would you please develop ?

I asked Card-Shark if it was possible to get extra set of special cards... Said "yes"... for 6 euros each special card... :-(

Although the cards are going to last a long time, that seems really expensive for a gaffed card. I can't see why they should cost that compared to other gaffs.
rowland
View Profile
Special user
825 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Mar 19, 2015, doiron wrote:
Swayne100 - I think it will take you a very, very long time to wear out those cards. Remember, you don't shuffle them so you're not wearing them out that way. As well, they're made by Card Shark and are high quality.

I suspect you could do the effect for years before having to look for replacements.

You should try to keep them clean, of course, so that they don't look out of place but that's easy.

Having said that, perhaps Christian will consider selling replacements for magicians who lose their cards or damage them somehow. What about it, Christian?

It is true that they will take years to wear out but a lot of pros like to have a spare of their working act
Patrice
View Profile
New user
FRANCE, Normandy, Rouen
11 Posts

Profile of Patrice
Hi Rowland

"It is true that they will take years to wear out but a lot of pros like to have a spare of their working act"

It's one of the reason. The other one is that this effect doesn't let you the choice for the card to be turned out.
I contacted Card-Shark to propose new sets of cards in order to offer new possibilities. Christian Schenk answered : "amateur magicians show many tricks to a few people, while professionals show few trick to many people. Probably that is the reason why nobody ever mentioned anything. Smile "

I agree. I'm not a professional magician... But I think that - perhaps - even professional magician would appreciate to be able to perform this trick with the choice of an other card... Magicians working for cabarets, cruises, and so on.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sympathetic 10 - Joerg Alexander (16 Likes)
  Next Topic >>>
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2015 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.247234 seconds, requiring 68 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [9] [7] [7] [4] [4] [0] [1] [9]