The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sympathetic 10 - Joerg Alexander (27 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Yes, but that doesn't mean he can't understand the force used from the presentation.

The explanation is in the book.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2014, Tom G wrote:
I like the routine. I've only seen it on the Finger Flickers DVD set, but didn't care for the force he used.

Not so much a fan of this force on the DVD, either...too much chance for it to go wrong...anyone else do this? If so, which force do you use?
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On Dec 22, 2014, dooblehorn wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2014, Tom G wrote:
I like the routine. I've only seen it on the Finger Flickers DVD set, but didn't care for the force he used.

Not so much a fan of this force on the DVD, either...too much chance for it to go wrong...anyone else do this? If so, which force do you use?

I've been using his fan force without any problems so far.

Jim
David Klass
View Profile
Inner circle
Beckenham, England
1204 Posts

Profile of David Klass
I feel a bit Christmassy today and so here's a solution for those that don't like the fan !@#$*.

When the spectator has finished mixing his packet ask him to take it behind his back.
Reverse the top card and put it somewhere in the centre of the pack.
So, he now has a packet of cards with one card reversed in the middle.

You now take the cards back and continue as normal Smile
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I cant view any of the vids here but I will have too when I get home.
MBrook3902
View Profile
Loyal user
Naples, FL & Hickory, NC
202 Posts

Profile of MBrook3902
David...that is a wonderful idea.
I recently bought this so my wife could give it to me for Christmas. But, I had this made up years ago (Cards by Martin) and performed it several times. The fan force never went wrong but it does have the potential should the spectator delay saying "stop". Your idea eliminates that moment completely.

MB
It takes 4 to 6 minutes for the brain to die without oxygen. I can fix anything in that amount of time.
David Klass
View Profile
Inner circle
Beckenham, England
1204 Posts

Profile of David Klass
No problem MB.
Glad you like it.

David
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Thanks for the tip, great idea
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
@David: interesting idea, like it. I would definitely promote the Fan Force, but for all magicians out there who are fearing problems, this is a good alternative.
Expert in playing card production for magicians.

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
708 Posts

Profile of TheTableTopTrixta
Great idea Dave, I like it a lot!

I have to say this is one of the most beautiful pieces of magic out there. The gaffs and dvd are top draw. Also shipping at Christmas time from Germany in 3 days is amazing. I will be using The Car Shark a lot more now. Brilliant project I can't wait to use it for real.
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Its a great idea David, thank you very much for sharing!
David Klass
View Profile
Inner circle
Beckenham, England
1204 Posts

Profile of David Klass
No problem guys!
MRAC
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of MRAC
Thanx David ... great idea. Always was a little bit "afraid" of the F...F...
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Dec 22, 2014, TheTableTopTrixta wrote:
Great idea Dave, I like it a lot!

I have to say this is one of the most beautiful pieces of magic out there. The gaffs and dvd are top draw. Also shipping at Christmas time from Germany in 3 days is amazing. I will be using The Car Shark a lot more now. Brilliant project I can't wait to use it for real.

Glad you got yours ok, however it doesn't always work out like that when using companies from abroad. I also live in the UK and ordered this along with two other tricks and 4packs of cards on the 9th dec thinking that would be plenty of time for Christmas. When it hadn't arrived on the 22nd I contacted card shark to see whether they had a shipping number so I could track it. I received a reply saying that they had checked the tracking number and it seems to have dissapeared on the 10th with no other information for it. So they have asked the couriers to have a look for it and have asked me to be patient. Just to make things worse they are on holiday now until the 5th of Jan !!!!
I am not happy but nothing I can do
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Hi Rowland, same for us: we are not happy that your parcel did not arrive so far.
It is the same shipping company (GLS) that shipped all the other orders from UK that got there quickly within a couple of days.

We already started a complaint, and we are expecting their response quickly. In Germany nobody works on 24, 25 and 26 of December. As Online Business is getting stronger and stronger against retail business (when have you been to a Brick and Mortar Magic Shop the last time?), the amount of parcels that were shipped with all the different couriers must have been enormous. GLS and UPS are very reliable, but now and then something can go wrong as everywhere, sorry that it hit you. We are on the mercy of shipping companies and we learned our lessons to use these very reliable ones that we can track and that are quick when searching a lost shipment.

The fact that my team is not working until the 5th of January is not worse but ok. They deserve it. I am so busy with preparing two upcoming conventions beginning of January that I am working anyway. So feel free to contact me. And when I get feedback of GLS I will let you know as well.

FYI: when we inform GLS, I don't expect their feedback but their special attention to a missing parcel so that they go and search and deliver it quickly and not have to tell me it is flying around in a sorting center. ;-)

I wish everyone a Merry Christmas.

Chinese Proverb
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Dec 22, 2014, David Klass wrote:
I feel a bit Christmassy today and so here's a solution for those that don't like the fan !@#$*.

When the spectator has finished mixing his packet ask him to take it behind his back.
Reverse the top card and put it somewhere in the centre of the pack.
So, he now has a packet of cards with one card reversed in the middle.

You now take the cards back and continue as normal Smile

Excellent! I'll give this a whirl
Thanks for the GREAT suggestion

Smile
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Once in a blue moon, the Magic Café provides a solution to a problem that's been bugging me for years. And, this is one of those times. I think this is a perfect solution.

Thanks so much for sharing this, David!

Robert
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
This is my Christmas present to myself. Just ordered it. I'm not normally moved by cards, but Eric's presentation is strong magic. I love stumbling upon something that hits me (jaded as we magic practitioners are) and this one did it.
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Thank you so much, I just saw your order. My team will take care once they are back from their holidays.

Chinese Proverb
johndevacmaker
View Profile
Special user
648 Posts

Profile of johndevacmaker
Hi Card Shark it is a shame your web site does not show you are closed until the 5th Jan
I also placed an ad for 3 tricks which I hoped would arrive the week after Christmas obviously they will not
Also my order shows a postage charge which I believe over a certain figure should not be charged
I did send an email but I now realise no one is there to answer
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sympathetic 10 - Joerg Alexander (27 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL