The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » HN Review 77: Gellerism Revealed – Ben Harris (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Harvey Nerzof
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of Harvey Nerzof
HN Review 77: Gellerism Revealed – Ben Harris

AD:
Step by step photos and instructions on how to bend keys, cutlery, stop watches, etc. Psychology and method are explained. Also contains an encapsulated history of Uri Geller's activities. This is some of the real work.

Review:
The book (first published in 1982) describes the techniques supposedly used by Uri Geller to perform his paranormal feats: bending spoons and keys, changing the time on a borrowed watch, starting broken watches.

Most of the material is outdated and will appeal to Geller fans only; for updated methods and handlings, Banachek’s Psychokinetic Time and Silverware come to mind.

H.
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Where can I get this?
Sven
Nir Dahan
View Profile
Inner circle
Munich, Germany
1390 Posts

Profile of Nir Dahan
I think it is published by Mickey Hades - forgot where I got my copy.
Harvey's review is right on the spot (as always - I am taking the risk of being bashed for supporting him, but his reviews are the only ones you can count on) - most of the stuff there is outdated (although there is a bend there that I still use)
get the banachek tape or the kuffs video instead.
Nir
nimrod
View Profile
Special user
881 Posts

Profile of nimrod
Count me in too.
Mr. Nerzof is one of the last unbiased reviwers here in the Café. keep up the good work Harvey !

Nimrod , Israel
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Thanks, Nir
I just wanted it of pure interest and for historical reasons.
I'm very happy with the Banachek video

Sven
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
894 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
Although some of the bends are outdated, I feel there is alot to be learned from this book. The misdirection and psychology explained is quite useful, and there are a few bends/effects that I still use.

For learning how to bend, I agree, PK Silverware, or the Kuffs video are better, but Gellerism revealed is still a good read, and is great for reference.

Sean
Harris0n
View Profile
Loyal user
leeds uk
290 Posts

Profile of Harris0n
As already stated, it's worth getting just as an interesting historical document. Not expensive either. I got my copy from http://www.dennymagic.com/
"There are times when the truth is necessary and times when myth-making is necessary." Nick Cave
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » HN Review 77: Gellerism Revealed – Ben Harris (2 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL