The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » David Penns Mystery Solved (131 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19~20~21 [Next]
dp
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of dp
Quote:
On Feb 11, 2015, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
The is the position I place the box on the table. I have put it on an envelope here for effect. It isn't left there for long I simply pick it up and pocket it whilst their attention is focused on the ticket.

Mark

It was such a pleasure to meet up with Mark at Blackpool so he could share with me the following handling. Combined with Wayne Fox's tip out (into their hands) it looks great.

Thanks once again to Wayne and Mark.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=101......&theater

Cheers

David
Close Up Magician & Illusionist - David Penn

Search The Wizard Product Review at http://www.worldmagicshop.com
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Nice.

Straight into the spectators hand.

Your hands are as clean as a whistle.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2015, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
Nice.

Straight into the spectators hand.

Your hands are as clean as a whistle.

But the box isn't 😉
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Mystery Solved = clean hands, dirty box.

Paragon = clean box, dirty hands.

The Holy Grail hasn't been found.

Although I did see a guy in the Theatre Bar at Blackpool with his own version of card to clear box which ended with a clean box and hands. Very fooling.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
So are we saying that the essential difference between David & Jon is personal hygiene?
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
If only one box could do both.. Smile
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

The one I saw in the bar at Blackpool did. It relied on a very clever optical illusion, the likes of which I haven't seen before. Box and hands could both be examined afterwards. Can't remember the name of the guy but he was selling them 'unofficially'.
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
They are both great boxes, and everyone will have their preference. Mine is for paragon, I don't think I have ever seen so many magicians fooled at Blackpool. It's not perfect but it gets pretty close. Yes you are dirty at the end but the move looks so convincing that everyone couldn't wait to see the moment the card was opened and handed out. There was genuine disbelief that it could possibly br their signed card. To be honest if you can't clean up at that point you may as well give up magic completely. It literally takes a second to do the clean up while the card is being handed out and then everything is examinable. I do two different 3fly routines one with a gaff and one with normal coins in both you are dirty at some points in the routine but at the end nobody asks to see my hands they are interested in the coins, my feeling is that it will be the same with the box.
simon hughes
View Profile
Veteran user
London
360 Posts

Profile of simon hughes
I thought mystery solved had been discontinued because of paragon?
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

I thought everyone who bought Mystery Solved was now being given access to password protected videos showing the Paragon method.
Robmonster
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Robmonster
No, that's Three sixty you are thinking of. They use the same physical box.

Simon, if you are being snarky here can we please try not to make judgement calls on people based on which box they choose to tip cards out of?
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Has David pulled Mystery Solved then?
Robmonster
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Robmonster
Why would he?
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
As rowland points out, they both look great, and have contrasting issues. The fact that Paragon looks great makes no difference to the craftiness of Mystery Solved, which is also a very convincing illusion.
bungomungo
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of bungomungo
Paragon looks a lot better. And Mr Allen seems to have a much nicer personality. He'll get my money.
Fatgumbo
View Profile
Veteran user
Melbourne, Australia
342 Posts

Profile of Fatgumbo
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2015, bungomungo wrote:
Paragon looks a lot better. And Mr Allen seems to have a much nicer personality. He'll get my money.

Paragon looks better because you've only seen the 10 second demo where he tips the card out. This is a magician fooler- for an ordinary layperson, they want to know if that card that has been in full view the whole time is their card. The box is only the vessel for holding what has been in front of them the whole time.

I also doubt that the whole Paragon routine and setup for the signed card will be as practical as the other clear card to boxes.

pass on this one
Robmonster
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Robmonster
With respect, in the case of a card from box routine you don't need to see anything other than the card coming from the box. The routine that precedes it is irrelevant.

I own mystery solved, it was a great deal at Blackpool. I will also be getting Paragon when funds allow.
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
Mystery Solved and Paragon are both welcomed entries in the Card to Box plot. I plan to use Paragon for folded playing cards mainly because the angles are excellent, and I like that the folded card (in the box) is identical in size to the actual card that ends up in the palm of my hand. Mystery Solved however is my preferred device for predictions and related mentalism applications. This will fit my needs perfectly for a small parlor show effect. The illusion looks terrific on top of an inverted wine glass after the 'dump'. To each his own but I doubt that anybody will be disappointed with either box...They are both excellent utility devices.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
As a mentalist I would rather have clean hands than a clean box. In my experience there is absolutely no heat on the box at all. I place it down on the table as in the video and not one single person has ever paid it even the slightest bit of attention. The video for Paragon looks superb but from a mentalism standpoint it is essentially a step backwards for me personally. If I want dirty hands I can simply do a billet switch.

When it comes to mentalism the compromise isn't whether the box can be examined the compromise is that you have a box at all. Mystery solved allows me to perform a very clean billet switch ending with completely empty hands. The trade off is that I have to justify the box. With Paragon I still have the trade off that I have to justify the box but now my hands are just as dirty as if I did a simple billet switch. There is zero heat on the box so I really don't care if it can be examined or not. After a billet switch I would rather have a dirty box that nobody cares about than dirty hands.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Wayne's original 3sixty allowed for clean hands AND box.

New isn't always better.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » David Penns Mystery Solved (131 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19~20~21 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL