The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Puzzle me this... » » Logs Pack (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

slowkneenuh
View Profile
Regular user
After 5,278+ posts, only credited with
133 Posts

Profile of slowkneenuh
For those, like myself, that like to have a puzzle to entertain patrons at a bar/restaurant to supplement magic tricks, you should check out Logs Pack. It has 8 cylindrical pieces that need to fit in a wooden box. What sets this one apart from older styles is that it can function like a multiplying coin tray. When first exposing the puzzle to a patron, only seven pieces are shown assembled in the box and it appears full. When you challenge them to do the puzzle, as you dump out the puzzle pieces, there is an eighth piece in a hidden compartment that dumps out with the rest. The puzzle becomes much more challenging then what they were led to believe based upon their first observation and they are none the wiser why this is so.
John

"A poor workman always blames his tools"
floatingcardtrick
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of floatingcardtrick
Where can I buy this or see a video demo?
Sounds interesting Smile
leonard
View Profile
Regular user
North Carolina
148 Posts

Profile of leonard
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
I like the look of this one, I like wooden puzzles and have a few. This looks like one for the collection..
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
I don't believe the hiding place for the extra piece is intended to be hidden in any way. It's just a way to store one piece when the puzzle is not solved. If you try to use it secretly isn't your guest going to see the hole when they work on the puzzle? IMO there is no need to be sneaky any way. It's a tough puzzle.

That's a nice puzzle for restaurants but Log Stacker by Everson is even better based on my experience.

http://www.elversonpuzzle.com/Log_Stacker.html

Log Stacker is one of those puzzles where everyone always feels like they are very close to solving it. They always have something to do so that they feel like they are making progress even if they aren't. In other words it's fun to play with.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Puzzle me this... » » Logs Pack (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL