The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » AC's - Mtangulizi - A Mentalism Journey (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kannon
View Profile
Inner circle
BCN
1025 Posts

Profile of kannon
Hello, I'd like to unveil a project I've been unhurriedly putting together for a while now: MTANGULIZI

Mtangulizi is a physical book; one that takes you on my journey and aims to open up new paths and journeys for you.

It’s about a passion with the art form we all love.

We explore punchy, fun close-up mentalism ideal for the bar, open mic night acts through to suggestion, energy routines and even into the psycho-spiritual realm. I’ve written this so that it will stay forever in your collection and become a book you’ll keep pulling something new from.

We talk in-depth into new and different p**ks, sw*****s, t**rs and explore the 101 behind suggestion and pendulums

There is something in here for everyone – a novice who is starting out in mentalism to the advanced mentalist looking for routines, ideas, effects and inspiration.

The skeleton of the book is my earlier work: Psych 5, The Precursor Notes and Serial Flasher which have been expanded upon with the latest updates and working methods alongside additional handlings and contributions.

There is also plenty of new work in the book.

Amongst the new material in this book you'll read my guidelines to becoming confident and effective with Suggestion based effects and some recommendations for suggestion training wheels.

Included among these is the massively updated Kwatakye Atiko which takes you into the world of fireside elemental manipulation and a new and under-explored way of peeking information that I know some of you are going to get super creative with.

BWTV – A full presentation and exploration of the effect of positive and negative energies is presented here for the 1st time. If you are the kind of person who carries a pendulum around there is one phase(LIGHT AND DARK ) in this that I use ALL the time in casual pendulum performances to tremendous reactions and I even use it onstage to close the Power House Act from Nothing to See Here.

On the subject of pendulums, for the uninitiated this book will get you started and addicted to pendulum work and within its page you’ll learn to use and develop your own routines with the pendulum.

A teaser to an upcoming workshop and performance piece, Perceptions, is presented here in the form of Perceptional Bender. A coin bend without a bend Smile

I’ve included notes on performing in a bar environment and some devilish tools for those that do, which include further work and adaption of some TERASBOS type techniques.

ACBT: My instant access billet tear – really we don’t need another billet tear, but I’m already hearing from a few readers that this unconventional tear is already being put to good use.

We play with iphones, money, maths and cocktail sticks and learn p**ks, sw****s including an expansion on my CUBT and how to use it for drawing duplications, name revelations and with pendulums (LIGHTWAVE ENERGY) alongside multiple ways of presenting the drawing duplication and the reveal plus tips and touches for Sneak Thief and Graphology type effects.
On the Psycho-spiritual side, the expanded version of the Coin Oracle includes techniques and rituals for helping to create positive lasting change. I’ve included my pendulum pitch-book and some short notes on my BOR.

For the full Table of Contents and to pre-order this book before its release 2 weeks from now, check out:

http://kannonsworks.weebly.com/

Finally, this is about sharing a journey in our shared passion so this isn’t going to break the bank.

Many thanks and I know you'll find in this book something for you!

Andy
My work and the Mtangulizi here http://kannonsworks.weebly.com featuring work on drawing duplications, a fiddle-free billet tear, bar mentalism, pendulums
kannon
View Profile
Inner circle
BCN
1025 Posts

Profile of kannon
Mtangulizi

Explore a broad spectrum of mentalism.
O
Entertaining and risque bar mentalism to powerful demonstrations of mind over matter and the energies that follow with in us.
O
Methods and presentations for drawing duplications, name reveals, serial number divinations.
O
Learn simple peeks and tears that replace the need for the peek wallet.
O
Learn how to engage the whole audience and change their physiology in positive ways.
O
Simple steps and routines to get you started work with suggestion
O

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Tipsy
If you're working behind the bar, open mic nights, nightclubs or doing on stage guest appearances, you will love and use this. Loosely - you guess peoples favourite drinks and finish with a kicker prediction - A drink a girl has been thinking of from the very start was secretly on display the entire time.

Psych 5
A psychology game with 5 business cards.
My multiple phased, business card routine. It allows for ample byplay, and a fun competitiveness and out guessing theme between you and the participant. Perhaps the coolest part about this is the psychology that allows you to do it "gimmick" free with near 100% accuracy. Although the 100% accurate version is thrown in. This is pure psychological fun.

The Pendulum
The pendulum plays an important role in this book and it all starts here

Oye, I was CTing there
Discussion & mini presentations on peeking, tearing and muscle reading in the bar

A-C B-T
A-C B-T is an unconventional instant access billet tear - that is very quick and easy and can be executed with the minimum of fumbling.

m-f-k
This was one the first mentalism / mental magic routines I developed. It is pretty risque and I used it specifically with girls at the bar or pub. It's very fun, cheeky and allows for loads of interaction and humor. Perfect for nightclubs and working behind the bar.

Business card utility move…
Throw away your peek wallets. CUBT is a super simple peek with a stack of business cards that is highly adaptable and psychological invisible. This does away with complex sleights and looks casual and very naturally.

We go into a lot of detail and ways of using this ... including with routine LIGHTWAVE ENERGY

Design dupes, graphology and paperballs
Sssshhh!

Happy place
A way of forming deep rapport and connection with your participants and people you share your mentalism with.

Tribal waves
A spectator is taken on a mental journey and the music and reptilian brain is shown to have influenced her journey. This can also involve the entire audience as lesson into how intuition and thin-slicing work.

Ispectator
A spectator as mind reader effect with an iphone and any doodle application.

Touch
The numbers bind us.

Serial flasher
An essay and treatise on the Serial Divination Plot.
Love it or hate it.

Kwatakye atiko
As a symbol of power disappears in flames, a second second participant is able to divine the symbol.
This symbol can emerge from the stars or be seen in the embers of a burning fire.

A simple billet routine.
A new method of peek information in a very tribal variation.
Shift stars and flames.

Suggestion 101
Tips and tricks to begin becoming successful with suggestion

Perceptional bender
Alter perceptions and have someone see a coin bend when really it stays as straight as an arrow.

BW-TV
A full length act exploring the power and effects of positive and negative energies. This a lot of a play here. Telepathy, CMR, Sensing and feel energies and also a look at my two person pendulum routine LIGHT AND DARK

Coin oracle
A reading system using a handful of coins from half a world away.

Rituals for change
The power to change and improve yourself and others

Bonus Touching on bor
Some notes regarding my Back of Room Sales experience

The pendulum pitch book
Here as an instruction manual in the use of the pendulum and text you are welcome to develop your own pitch book from.
My work and the Mtangulizi here http://kannonsworks.weebly.com featuring work on drawing duplications, a fiddle-free billet tear, bar mentalism, pendulums
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Looks great my friend! I will get one as oon I come back from Miami, I always support good creators like you!
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
Ordered!
I've always wanted a primer on pendulum work. Looking fwd to checking this out...
kannon
View Profile
Inner circle
BCN
1025 Posts

Profile of kannon
Luca, Thanks my friend much appreciated!

DynaMix, Thanks for your order! You ARE getting a primer and much more! Get ready to begin carrying around a pendulum and two little stones with you where ever you go Smile
kannon
View Profile
Inner circle
BCN
1025 Posts

Profile of kannon
Just over 24 hours left on The pre-order (ends Tuesday afternoon), after that details Will become available here as to when and where you can pick this up.

Thanks and have a great start to the week,here mine is rainy Smile
kannon
View Profile
Inner circle
BCN
1025 Posts

Profile of kannon
Hi,

All the pre-orders are going out TODAY.
If you are a preorderer and haven't received the email about your book going out please email me.
Tomorrow I'll post the lulu link, I have 3 copies left at the preorder price 30€ with free shipping. PM me.
genius
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of genius
This sounds AMAZING!

Mindblowingly,
Charles
kannon
View Profile
Inner circle
BCN
1025 Posts

Profile of kannon
Thanks Charles Smile

The book is now available at

http://www.lulu.com/shop/a-c/mtangulizi/......837.html

and get 30% for the next few days using FLASH30 coupon code (may vary per country check the lulu front page).

A signed copy is still available from me too.
Daniel Meadows
View Profile
Veteran user
Manchester, UK
392 Posts

Profile of Daniel Meadows
The postman didn't deliver the goodies today so I'll be an eager little thing come Monday. Will report back once I've had chance to read and digest.
Cerberus Wallet, Equilibrium, Counterfeit, Deadly Marked Deck, Infamous, Instinct
kannon
View Profile
Inner circle
BCN
1025 Posts

Profile of kannon
Hey Daniel,

I haven't sent one out to a Daniel Meadows or to anyone from Manchester!
So unless you posted on here by mistake - get in touch.

I have one copy left from the preorder batch ready to go out on Monday, so if anyone wants it, also get in touch.

Cheers
Daniel Meadows
View Profile
Veteran user
Manchester, UK
392 Posts

Profile of Daniel Meadows
Hey Kannon. No mistake - you sent me the picture of your book via email, and the packaging had my 'other' name on it and my address Smile
Greater Manchester is a big place, and much easier to tell people than where I actually live, which is 3 miles down the road!
Cerberus Wallet, Equilibrium, Counterfeit, Deadly Marked Deck, Infamous, Instinct
kannon
View Profile
Inner circle
BCN
1025 Posts

Profile of kannon
OK phew Smile I was double checking to see if I had missed someone out!

Enjoy the book, only went out Friday so expect it end of week I reckon. Enjoy Smile
kannon
View Profile
Inner circle
BCN
1025 Posts

Profile of kannon
First few have been arriving today Smile Look forward to seeing reviews and comments soon!

New lulu code 35% off WQT32
kannon
View Profile
Inner circle
BCN
1025 Posts

Profile of kannon
25% off New lulu code: TREAT

A couple of lovely quotes from private feedback.

"If you're in The mystery arts then quit reading this, pimp slap yourself,and buy this book because there is Some gold in here." ... Thanks Jakob Smile couldn't have said it better.

From the great Pasteboard Alchemist whose fantastic graphics were used to help teach the billet tear.
"...the addition of pendulum interjections into the majority of the effects throughout has me excited and had my pendulum in-hand and swinging around last night!

Much like Nothing to See Here, Mtangulizi is clearly layered with fantastic thinking and nuance that'll require me to get out an perform it in order to truly plumb the depths of the effects." He later told me the paper ball graphology in the book got him out a tight jam a few days later Smile

"Maybe your greatest collection to date!" MJ, Columbia! ... Who tells me his book is coming along nicely too.

Look forward to hearing more .... Thank you Smile and here is to an amazing new year.
kannon
View Profile
Inner circle
BCN
1025 Posts

Profile of kannon
Another nice little comment here

"...[in particular] and strangely the most motivating gem was hidden in the BOR section* where you talk about some of the places you work and the lifestyle there. I've discovered one of these "secret venues" [...] so that was right up my alley..."

* I wouldn't call it a BOR section however, its my "notes" on my BOR.

LULU are offering FREE SHIPPING until the 19th!

With the code SHQ15
kannon
View Profile
Inner circle
BCN
1025 Posts

Profile of kannon
Hi - hope everyone is having a great summer!

With new things coming very soon I'm offering this on lulu at 15% off plus get another 15% off with the code SPENDLESS15.

Kannon
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
After reading this thread- there are no reviews. Anybody care to comment that has this?

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
I ordered this and found it alright - lots of interesting ideas based on classic techniques, not a whole lot new. I should give it a second read though. I found the writing style hard to read but I am a bit of an English nerd.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » AC's - Mtangulizi - A Mentalism Journey (1 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL