The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » REVIEW Jonathan Levit: Ahead Of The Game (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

smullins
View Profile
Special user
United States
678 Posts

Profile of smullins
This is one of my favorite DVD sets I've ever bought.

The amount of thinking that went into this whole product is really amazing. Jonathan really gives everything away.

The DVD starts off with 2 full (and uncut) performances of Jonathan at the Castle. You see back to back performances of the SAME set so you see how he leads people down the path he wants. This alone is worth the price in my opinion, there are not enough DVDs out there that have FULL uncut performances where you can see the changes.

The performances also can be played with commentary. This is an AWESOME feature because you can basically hear his thoughts during the act.

The act itself is funny and VERY magical with a lot going on.

The interviews after the performances are also REALLY valuable and he goes over the creative process which lead him to this beast of an act.

The tricks are amazing as well but the real value for me was disc one. Disc 2 was filled with the explanations and also a couple other discussions. The tricks are VERY interesting and have some really awesome ideas within them.

The best part for me was the fan force Jonathan teaches and gives one heck of a justification for getting it all to come together. Again... makes it worth it.

This DVD is going on a special part of the shelf with Bill Malone's On The Loose, Doc Eason's Bar Magic and David Williamson's Ridiculous.

If you like card magic and would like to see how entertaining it can be, check it out!
Shawn Mullins

www.MullinsMagic.com
jlevit
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of jlevit
Thanks Shawn! I appreciate the kind words. I'm glad that you found valuable information within!
Ramius
View Profile
New user
Tulsa, OK
82 Posts

Profile of Ramius
This two DVD set is really fantastic. Not for the number of tricks presented, but because of the very detailed performance instruction that goes into it. The tricks themselves are great, but the meat is the methodical instruction that goes into pulling everything off. Even the slightest maneuvers that didn't stand out on the two provided performance videos, are shown upon further examination to be vital to making it all come together. Very good purchase.
jlevit
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of jlevit
Thanks, Ramius! I appreciate the kind words and I'm glad the instruction on the DVD resonated with you. Let me know if you have any questions!

Cheers,

Jonathan
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Shawn,

I agree, this is one of the best DVDs! The color change routine is possibly the best color change routine ever!

KJ
jlevit
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of jlevit
Thanks, Kj!
Christian Rey
View Profile
Regular user
Magician'y toast...to my
135 Posts

Profile of Christian Rey
I was fortunate enough to catch Jonathan's performance at the Magic Castle recently in the Close-Up Gallery, and I was not only impressed by his house imploding Un-Matrix, but the interaction with the audience was like watching a live taping of the Tonight Show, with no cameras. I guess my point is the energy level was at a full 10, the effects (even tho most are familiar to the initiated) are also at a level 10...but its the way J-Levit connects and then is able to completely read his audience. Thus executing each effects surprise kickers, with maximum showmanship...and then some. I've witnessed J-Levit many many years ago, in the same Close-Up room. And I will not take anything away from what I saw then, to what I saw now...however I will state, this is thee absolute BEST I have ever seen the JL. Should win an oscar for his outstanding performance. Hats OFF! Smile Smile
My first name rhymes with Magician
jlevit
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of jlevit
Wow! Christian, I am humbled by your generous comments. Thank you!
Christian Rey
View Profile
Regular user
Magician'y toast...to my
135 Posts

Profile of Christian Rey
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2015, jlevit wrote:
Wow! Christian, I am humbled by your generous comments. Thank you!
My pleasure JL. Thank YOU for releasing this DVD, for magicians such as myself...seeking to build the perfect solid routine, from start to finish. This is a must have DVD.

Its one thing to have witnessed in person, so its very fresh in my mind, but now to be able to own it...its as if I got away with sneaking a camera into the Close-Up. Well done sir.
My first name rhymes with Magician
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » REVIEW Jonathan Levit: Ahead Of The Game (4 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL