The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Repeat bill to lemon... (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
4497 Posts

Profile of pepka
I don't spend much time in this area, as bill magic really isn't my thing. However, I wanted to share that a few days ago at the Kutztown Magic Convention, Michael Ammar really fried 200 magicians. He had borrowed $100 bill, had it signed, and then tore it up and promised to get back to it later. He also had a lemon, and vanished it, then it was one of the final loads in his famous cups and balls routine. Then he cut it open, and inside was the signed $100 bill. Great ending, right? After explaining to the spectator who had lent the $100 that even better than getting back his $100, would be a story to tell his friends at home. He had the spectator roll the bill back up very small and place it back in the half of the lemon. He then screwed both halves back together and handed it to him and said when you get home, cut it open and they will be amazed. It was a beautiful illusion and I thought this was just a bit of a gag and he would end it there and after the show give the guy his $100 back. Wrong....he cut open the lemon and it was inside!

Penn often explains that when you study magic, you don't get that high of being fooled anymore. You can chase it and chase it and the more you study, the harder it is to find. For one brief moment, Michael Ammar made me feel like a complete Layman again.
raging_onion
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of raging_onion
Great story pepka. It just goes to show that it hasn't ALL been done, and we certainly haven't SEEN it all. Michael Ammar is one of the great legends of our time, and it's good to see someone still rely on the classics to entertain folks!
-Mike Smile

"Be so far ahead of the game, they don't even know a game is being played yet."
-Michael Webber
RoyHarper
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of RoyHarper
Nice story indeed
thanks for sharing it
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Repeat bill to lemon... (1 Likes)
  Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.033848 seconds, requiring 18 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [6] [0] [1] [4] [2] [7] [0] [0]