The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Unicorn Coins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Has anyone seen these new coins?

Here's a little blurb from their Youtube video.

The new Unicorn coins are handcrafted by Pablo Rivera the magician, in search of quality both in their aspect and in their precision. Their size and weight have been carefully studied so that manipulation is perfect. Every coin's surface is exquisitely polished and their shine is incredible, which makes them very visible even in stand-up magic.

Here's a link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=005QxwJH......oademail

I noticed that they call their sh**l edge the "infinity edge". I doubt they discussed this with Mr. Lassen.

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
Based on they're appearance and the price, they're not real Silver Eagle coins.
charlie_d
View Profile
Loyal user
247 Posts

Profile of charlie_d
Anyone got these yet?

The Kohler Vegas coin set (another custom-manufactured set) was extremely good. I'm wondering how these stand up.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Yea I saw these on the Hocus Pocus site the other day.
Todd
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
Every shell is provided with a self-adhesive piece of felt to soundproof it.

Felt???
Roki
View Profile
Special user
London
749 Posts

Profile of Roki
Yeah, I wondered about that. If it's a tight fitting shell , would not a piece of felt make it loose.
charlie_d
View Profile
Loyal user
247 Posts

Profile of charlie_d
I'm not even convinced that teflon is necessary, let alone felt. Maybe it's a mistranslation and they mean teflon, or mousetape or something?
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
I think he probaley means Teflon.
Todd
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
Wonder if the have he word "COPY" on them?
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Any reviews?
Scott Horn
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, TX
417 Posts

Profile of Scott Horn
I would think a satin finish would be better.."Most" routines will have the coins clinks and banging against each other.... I think maintaining that finish will require constant polishing to remove scratches. Also curious about if/how the metal will tarnish.
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1174 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
Any reviews from someone with hands on experience?
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
The finish on these make them look somewhat
like a chrome plastic.
Todd
Roki
View Profile
Special user
London
749 Posts

Profile of Roki
As these coins don't seem to be getting any interest here , I wonder if anyou could recommend some reasonably priced Copper Silver sets in Dollar size. I have been meaning to get a set for some time.
350zTT
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of 350zTT
I wonder why they don't offer just a normal copper coin....you could do the copper silver coin + a silver shell + a normal copper coin and normal silver coin. I like the look of these vs my dollar size penny one's made from lassen but Lassen's craftsmanship is top notch.
PIPO
View Profile
New user
Madrid SPAIN
82 Posts

Profile of PIPO
Hi everyone!

I know the guy and his coins, he is very perfectionist and he is getting a great reputation in Spain with them, many coinmen in Spain use them. The coins are truly great.

Plastic cromated? No at all! Regarding the finish of the silver eagle proof coins, it is silver plated (5mm) through electrolysis process. He could do it also with other finishes (mate, copper…) better contact him to get the details if interested. Ahh and he uses Teflon not felt to mute the sound (like other manufactures).

He made a Sun Moon coin to me that it is perfect, I use it all the time (I won’t say in which routine Smile). A great thing of this guy is that service is fast and he is accesible, he is serious professional, you don’t have to write 67 mails and wait for mothns to get the material.

Best Regards

Pipo
bobthemagicdoerguy
View Profile
Regular user
I can't remember where I left my
186 Posts

Profile of bobthemagicdoerguy
Pipo, you don't happen to know how I could get in touch with him, would you? I can't find a website or email for him, so I can't even send one email, let alone 67...

PM me his contact info if you can. Also, hablo espanol si el no habla ingles...
350zTT
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of 350zTT
I contacted him at unicorncoingaffed@gmail.com ...I think I am going to take the plunge. He sent me a photo and these look beautiful.
C.J.Magic
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of C.J.Magic
I almost bought a set, thought about ti and when I went back tot he site, they were sold out.

C.J.
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1174 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
They seem to sell out fast. Either there are very few made or someone is buying them. Smile That's why I thought someone could post a review. :p
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Unicorn Coins (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL