The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Any news on Tamariz's "The Magic Rainbow"? (31 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
PapaG
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of PapaG
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2017, Lithingorf wrote:
Rafael,

Just to clarify things a little bit. If I understood correctly both Tamariz books (Magic Rainbow and Flamenco) are scheduled to be released in 2018? It seems that 2018 will be magical years Smile

Likewise, will Sonata see a new edition anytime soon?
Prahlad
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Prahlad
Any news on the Magic Rainbow and Flamenco?
RickDangerous
View Profile
Special user
I can't believe I made
974 Posts

Profile of RickDangerous
It‘s out now. People at Magifest bought it already.
"Reality is what you can get away with."
Robert A. Wilson

"Think for yourself and question authority."
Timothy Leary
pierre888
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of pierre888
Hi. Is the magic rainbow different from the magic way book also by Tamariz?
mayniac
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of mayniac
Yes, it is a different book. Looking forward to someone posting a photo or review of the book!
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1406 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
Quote:
On Jan 18, 2019, RickDangerous wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's not fully released yet.

Remember how there were small quantities of the Books of Wonder and Latta's Long Goodbye available last year, then a couple month gap before the full release? That's likely what just happened with The Magic Rainbow.

I'd guess April-ish for the full release.
RickDangerous
View Profile
Special user
I can't believe I made
974 Posts

Profile of RickDangerous
Quote:
On Jan 19, 2019, Tim Cavendish wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 18, 2019, RickDangerous wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's not fully released yet.

Remember how there were small quantities of the Books of Wonder and Latta's Long Goodbye available last year, then a couple month gap before the full release? That's likely what just happened with The Magic Rainbow.

I'd guess April-ish for the full release.

Some people posted pictures of the book on Instagram. Looks like the complete book to me.
Robert A. Wilson

Timothy Leary
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1406 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
Yes, they are complete books.

However the full shipment of books has likely not reached the US from the printer in China, just a small quantity of the print run sent in advance, generally used for proofs and review copies, but sometimes sold.
Grasshop34
View Profile
Veteran user
Cincinnati, OH
308 Posts

Profile of Grasshop34
It was realized at Magifest. You can see it here along with Juan Tameriz. We saw lots of people buying his book.

https://youtu.be/0qW38_4AD3A
Uli Weigel
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin, Germany
1478 Posts

Profile of Uli Weigel
Fun fact: an editorial note on the dust cover of my copy of Sonata says "Forthcoming titles: The Magic Rainbow..." - in 1988!
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
To clear up a couple of things (I am the production manager in charge of books at Penguin).

We managed to get the printing done JUST in time for MagiFest - we had a small handful of units overnighted to the convention directly from the factory. They sold out in a matter of hours on Friday. These pre-release copies are not any different from what will be released when the book is 'officially' out.

The rest of the printing is en route to our warehouse right now. These books are not printed in China. The only Hermetic book since Penguin's acquisition that has been printed overseas is the Vanni Bossi book. All others are printed in the USA. However, shipping a large pallet of books via freight can take awhile, even domestically.

While we do not have an official release date to announce yet, it will definitely not be as far off as April.

As for other Tamariz titles (Sonata, Flamenco, etc) we will make announcements once they are ready. But let's just say that they are not being ignored. Smile

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
sjrw
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of sjrw
Quote:
On Jan 22, 2019, Mercury52 wrote:

As for other Tamariz titles (Sonata, Flamenco, etc) we will make announcements once they are ready. But let's just say that they are not being ignored. Smile

Kevin

I actually thought that Flamenco and Magic Rainbow were different titles for the same book! Excited to learn that's not the case.
Curious as to what Flamenco is going to be. Anyone know?
RickDangerous
View Profile
Special user
I can't believe I made
974 Posts

Profile of RickDangerous
Quote:
To clear up a couple of things (I am the production manager in charge of books at Penguin).

We managed to get the printing done JUST in time for MagiFest - we had a small handful of units overnighted to the convention directly from the factory. They sold out in a matter of hours on Friday. These pre-release copies are not any different from what will be released when the book is 'officially' out.

The rest of the printing is en route to our warehouse right now. These books are not printed in China. The only Hermetic book since Penguin's acquisition that has been printed overseas is the Vanni Bossi book. All others are printed in the USA. However, shipping a large pallet of books via freight can take awhile, even domestically.

While we do not have an official release date to announce yet, it will definitely not be as far off as April.

Kevin

Thanks for the update Kevin!
Robert A. Wilson

Timothy Leary
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Quote:
On Jan 22, 2019, sjrw wrote:
Quote:

Kevin

I actually thought that Flamenco and Magic Rainbow were different titles for the same book! Excited to learn that's not the case.
Curious as to what Flamenco is going to be. Anyone know?

Flemaco will be only magic effects explained by Juan Tamariz, while the Magic Rainbow is Maestro Juan Tamariz’s magic theory only.
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
Mr Matthews
View Profile
New user
UK
36 Posts

Profile of Mr Matthews
Thank you very much for that update Kevin.
DiegoNovati
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of DiegoNovati
Thank you Kevin,

it's good to know the publisher and I hope you will not let us waiting too much (this book has been the most waited for the last 20 years !)
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Kevin Reylek
DiegoNovati
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of DiegoNovati
Thank you Kevin for the info: I have already ordered my copy.
Only one question: why is the book so expensive ($150) ?
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Quote:
On Feb 1, 2019, DiegoNovati wrote:
Thank you Kevin for the info: I have already ordered my copy.
Only one question: why is the book so expensive ($150) ?

I don't think US$150 is expensive at all, when the author spend his last 40 years to perform and proof his theory inside the book valid and works.
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
DiegoNovati
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of DiegoNovati
Hi Steven,

I own the Spanish version of the book (unfortunately my knowledge of Spanish doesn't allow me to understood it) and it wasn't so expensive.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Any news on Tamariz's "The Magic Rainbow"? (31 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL