The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Fully or mostly gimmicked deck effects? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

frankie5aces
View Profile
New user
Nowhere
77 Posts

Profile of frankie5aces
Your favorites? The strongest by far? Ones always in your arsenal?
Ones which do require a serious deck switch, but can be very self working, and result in very strong magic.

Lets leave out single off color card effects, single duplicate card effects, stripper, Svengali, invisible, and brainwave, and/or memdeck stacks.

I'm working through a brick of cards, setting up different effects which I can pull out of my bag of tricks if needed at any moment, if someone is burning my hands a bit too much, or if need something that can engage people in a different way than your average "pick-a-card".. or "watch me do this". routine.

also.. I'm marking the bottoms of my decks right by the barcode so that I can quickly find the right setup deck for job. any other ways that you keep track of what deck is what?
Any ideas?
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1475 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
Triple Vision by David Regal is pretty amazing.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
I'm really happy with a routine I worked out using the Unshuffled deck by Anton James (or the OCD deck by Sansmind is the same thing).
I can ring in Unshuffled after a couple card effects with a regular deck and it totally kills.
Plus my Unshuffled routine has a kicker ending with a signed CTW which allows me to invisibly switch the regular deck back in if desired so I can end absolutely clean if I so choose.
I've come to the conclusion that it makes it worth carrying an extra deck.
quietriot
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of quietriot
I have recently been playing with Paul Richards "Double Take" a double color changing deck, that is not all that gimmicked.

If you haven't seen it, look around on youtube, or Elmwood Magic who distributes it.

It is one of those effects, that once you see it, you won't believe how simple it is, in method and performance.

Couple it with my reverse pressure fan (DVD of fan, and utility applications to come, when I get in the mood... ) as a display of the colored changed deck, and it is truly magical. But it is pretty good with a simple thumb fan as suggested in the video that comes with the deck. I lost my deck, but made a new one easy enough.

David
mtoth2008
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of mtoth2008
You can't beat GET SHARKY for audience reaction as they handle the gaffed deck and in their minds the magic happens in their hands. Another killer and often overlooked is ASCENSION by Nick Langham marketed by Alakazaam. Both of these always receive a NO WAY response from spectators.
Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Fully or mostly gimmicked deck effects? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL