The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Double Deception 1 on 1 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
I recently purchased the quarter version of DDD and am very happy with it. Nice set of coins.
My preference is to use the bottom of someone's shirt for the penetration.
I most often perform one on one and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for allowing the spec to handle the coins before and/or after.
It seems awkward to do it one coin at a time, and I'd prefer to avoid having to do any switches especially if it takes away from the openness you have using the set.

I suppose a switch would be okay as long as it is totally non-suspicious but I'd rather come up with a good motivation for giving them just one coin at a time.
I have toyed with the idea of having them initial the front and back of each coin, but still at the end I would love to be able to just toss down both coins.

Any ideas? Or could you point me towards something published?
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I don't think both at the same time will be possible without a huge risk of tipping the method. You could show one coin to each spec (providing there are two around) then have them switch with each other. That would let both ppl examine both coins and there would be no need for you to wring in a 3rd coin.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Quote:
On Dec 1, 2014, Poof-Daddy wrote:
I don't think both at the same time will be possible without a huge risk of tipping the method. You could show one coin to each spec (providing there are two around) then have them switch with each other. That would let both ppl examine both coins and there would be no need for you to wring in a 3rd coin.

I agree I think that would be the only way to do it.
Todd
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
So Todd and Poof, are you then saying that you probably wouldn't do this trick for a single spec?
My question specifically concerned handling a 1 on 1 situation.
With 2 or more specs there's no problem.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Hand them just one to look at before doing the effect - they can't really look at more than one at a time anyway.
Wait for them to ask to see the other one. "Reluctantly" saying something like, "well, if you insist...", exchanging it for the first one.

Better idea.... how about taking out just one coin at first and have them examine it. Then as you bring out the 2nd coin pull the old joke... "Good, now that you've checked out that one, we'll use this one".... After the laugh/groan/etc trade coins with them so they can look over the 2nd coin too, then go into the effect with both.

Could be a bit of over-proving either way. It would probably play best/strongest to borrow the coins and do a switch.

Quote:
It seems awkward to do it one coin at a time, and I'd prefer to avoid having to do any switches especially if it takes away from the openness you have using the set.

In what way would doing a switch take away from the openness?
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
When mark demonstrated this for me.
He had a coin in each hand.Before he started.
He handed the coin in his left hand to me to look at.
When I handed it back.He took it back in his left hand.
And said check this coin out also and handed the one in his right hand.
to me.This proved to me he only had two coins.But this also allowed him to show me one coin at a time
without me thinking other wise.I really didn't give it a second thought at the moment.
Perfect misdirection
Todd
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Thanks Todd, that convinces me that I was worrying over nothing.

Inigmntoya, I agree that that old chestnut gag would probably work perfectly in this situation.
And the openness I was referring to is that when using just the supplied coins you can not only start and end totally clean, you can openly display just the coins in play with your hands otherwise empty throughout almost the entire routine. I especially like being able to show your hand unmistakably empty just before you reach under the cloth and pluck the coin thru.

Thanks to all!
If anyone has ideas that they have used I'd still love to hear them.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Double Deception 1 on 1 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL