The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Cannibal Cards bibliography: request for help (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5813 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Hi Ian,

Another to add to your list is Vacuum Cleaner Cards by Paul Harris. It is a cannibal cards plot but perhaps wouldn't be picked up by search engines that search only titles.

Slainte,
Vlad

PS: I will check some of the periodicals that I don't see on your list as well as the lists provided by others. If I find something I'll post here.
IanLand
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of IanLand
Thanks Vlad. I should already have had that one in my list (although I didn't), I have all his Close Up Fantasies books and I see it's in the last one. Will check it out.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5813 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Already found one!

The Maneaters by Alf Goodwin
Pabular, v.8. pp.1267-1268

Also, I am hopeful that Etienne (Lawrence O) will see this thread. He provides some of most exhaustive bibliogrpahies I have ever read.

Another resource your should consider Ian is Ask Alexander. The search engine itself is free to use and if you are a member of The Conjuring Arts Research Center you have access to a staggering amount of literature. Anyhow, I'll keep searching. Smile
IanLand
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of IanLand
A ha, I knew that one Smile I'm going to leave it out because I think it stretches the Cannibal Cards definition too far (this is something the book talks about in a bit of detail). But keep them coming, this is all good info. Thanks for the research center tip, I will check that out.
Mike Powers
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
2694 Posts

Profile of Mike Powers
Hi Ian,

There's a reprint of Top Secret Stuff available on my website (www.mallofmagic.com) for $35. There's no ebook at this point.

Mike
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3224 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Tamariz, my friend. The Cannibals. Lessons In Magic DVD Set, Volume 2.

*crunch, crunch, crunch, crunch*
TH

Occupy Your Dream
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3224 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Also Didier Dupre's Cannibal Cards. Can be found on Colombini's Cartemania DVD, featuring Dupre's Card Magic.

*gulp*
TH

Occupy Your Dream
IanLand
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of IanLand
Quote:
There's a reprint of Top Secret Stuff available on my website (www.mallofmagic.com) for $35. There's no ebook at this point.

I'll scoot over and have a look, thanks.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
5464 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Dec 18, 2014, Mike Powers wrote:
Hi Ian,

Mike

And it's a great book, Mike.
AaronSterling
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of AaronSterling
To anyone interested in the history, the OP also posted this question on the Genii Forum. I just took a look, and the responses there are fantastic.
Craig Logan
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
521 Posts

Profile of Craig Logan
I am far from learned, but I think I have one more to add. Does "Interlaced Swindle" by David Williamson (Williamson's Wonders) count? Based on Paul Harris' Interlaced Vanish, it follows the same Cannibal plot. Let me know if I am talking out of my derriere. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
CM
"A wizard is not to be made in a day." -Professor Hoffmann (Modern Magic)
IanLand
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of IanLand
I'll check it out, thanks
Steve Burton
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of Steve Burton
John Murray, “Cannibal Cards, et al”, Inside John Murray, 1984, pp. 17-30.
IanLand
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of IanLand
Thanks Steve!
IanLand
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of IanLand
Thanks to everyone for the help so far, and for the messages enquiring about progress.

I'm currently working through the lists I've been given, tracking down as much as I can, and attempting to come up with a master list which I'll post in the next week or so.

The project has expanded a bit, and may well now involve contributions from others. Watch this space.
Cameron Roat
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
710 Posts

Profile of Cameron Roat
IanLand
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of IanLand
Thanks Cameron, I'm onto that.
Mike.Hankins
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of Mike.Hankins
I guess I will throw in my version of the classic effect found over at Theory11...

https://store.theory11.com/products/cann......-hankins

Cheer! Smile
Mike.Hankins

Instagram: MHMagic77

Twitter: @HankinsMagic

FaceBook: Yup!
IanLand
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of IanLand
Already on my list Mike Smile
Mike.Hankins
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of Mike.Hankins
Well then...lol Thanks!

I love that you are doing this. Cannibal Cards is one of my all time favorite pieces of card magic. So theatrical and fun. So many GREAT variations too. I love Eugene Burger's version as well...
Mike.Hankins

Instagram: MHMagic77

Twitter: @HankinsMagic

FaceBook: Yup!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Cannibal Cards bibliography: request for help (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL