The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Al's Magic Shop (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mattneufeld
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of mattneufeld
Word was sent out this week from Al's Magic Shop that the current owner, Steve Brown, is selling the shop, just two years after he bought the shop from the original owner, Al Cohen. Folks interested in owning and running--and continuing--a D.C. institution should contact Steve at Al's Magic Shop in D.C. Al's Magic Shop has existed in D.C. for at least 50 years. The magic community needs to keep this legendary D.C. institution going.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
What is the selling price? Can we see the books for an assessment? Does he own the building or lease? Why is he selling? Too much work or no profit?
mattneufeld
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of mattneufeld
Hey, for all of the questions above: call Al's Magic Shop in Washington, D.C.!!! I don't know the answers. I was simply passing on the news. But someone, somewhere, somehow, needs to purchase this institution and keep it going.
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1384 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
I asked Steve about it.. Don't worry the shop will still be there. He says a gentleman has made him an offer which is he seriously considering.. either to sell him the shop outright, or form a partnership. Either way, he's been working 6-day weeks for 2 years and has said its been a bit draining.

Bad News. At the IBM meeting last night, they announced Al's would be closing its doors for good next Friday.
Joe M. Turner
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta, Georgia
248 Posts

Profile of Joe M. Turner
Oh no. That's horrible news.
Regards,
Joe M. Turner
turnermagic.com
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
That is too bad. I made a point of visiting there every time I was in Washington. (first time was in 1975 ) .

Al's Magic Shop was Al's (as in Al Cohen's) magic shop , and no disrespect meant to Steve Brown or anyone else , but a big part of the long standing success of that place was the unique charm and skills of Al Cohen . Some people just can't be replaced .

Aloha, Al's Magic Shop . We remember you fondly .
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Al's Magic Shop (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL