The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Slate Killers by Bob Cassidy (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
World of Ideas
3696 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/5185

The Master is rocking the place again!
With such a simple and dramatic prop, miracles can happen in the correct hands/minds

PLUS his dictionary test PLUS his touches in using p**k wal**ts.
Pablo
Performer and Author

Latest: Chromatic Chair Test (featuring the Karma F0rc3): http://chromaticchairtest.blogspot.com/
paperinick
View Profile
Special user
my faro is starting to look nice after
631 Posts

Profile of paperinick
I've been using some of his great peek tips. Worth every penny!!
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2500 Posts

Profile of Waters
Bob, thanks for sharing more work with us. I am assuming many of the ideas can be applied to slates of any size. Does this contain some of your Jaks Wallet work as well?

Best Regards!
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1062 Posts

Profile of bond19
Almost criminally low price. Downloading right now!!
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
10393 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On Jan 28, 2015, Waters wrote:
Bob, thanks for sharing more work with us. I am assuming many of the ideas can be applied to slates of any size. Does this contain some of your Jaks Wallet work as well?

Best Regards!

Some of the ideas can be used with any size slates, but most of it is done with small ones about the size of a playing card.

I honestly don't remember if there's Jaks wallet handling on the download. It's been a long time since I recorded it. It was originally shot in December 2013 the day after my solo lecture. Additional material, including the part shot before a live audience was recorded in September 2014, the day after I did the lecture with Richard Osterlind.

I'll have to look at the download myself to find out what was included.
Bob Cassidy
Psychic Entertainers Association Dunninger Award 2011
The Master Mindreaders Workshop
Bob Cassidy Live
music
View Profile
Elite user
417 Posts

Profile of music
Can the methods used with the slates, also be done with business cards?
The_MetalMaster
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of The_MetalMaster
Quote:
On Jan 28, 2015, music wrote:

I personally don't see why not. It's a great download! I enjoyed it. I just went out and made some slates for myself, but it is interesting you brought up business cards as well.
gtx magic
View Profile
Loyal user
United Kingdom England
202 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2015, The_MetalMaster wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 28, 2015, music wrote:

I personally don't see why not. It's a great download! I enjoyed it. I just went out and made some slates for myself, but it is interesting you brought up business cards as well.

Iff you are referring to using the business cards in place of the slates then the answer is NO...because you need to show that the slates are blank on both sides, business cards would have your details on one side if you know what I mean.

Graham.
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
INDIA
4253 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Jan 28, 2015, bond19 wrote:

Almost criminally low price.

Yes.

And anything coming from the MasterMindreader is worth every penny IMO.

Quote:
On Jan 28, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:

I'll have to look at the download myself to find out what was included.

Smile

. . . . nevertheless I'll be purchasing the download. Smile

Smile
INDIA - THE LAND OF MAGIC - WHERE REAL MAGIC HAPPENS.

MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
10393 Posts

Thanks for the kind words, Ustaad.
Bob Cassidy
Bob Cassidy Live
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
10393 Posts

You COULD do many of the effects with cards that are blank on both sides, but the slates and chalk give the routines a special flavor. And, of course, you can erase the slates and use the same ones indefinitely as they are practically indestructible.

I don't know if I mentioned it on the download, but I also use my Dr.Crow writer, loaded with chalk, in conjunction with the small slates. You can buy chalk pencils in any sewing store to get the proper width "leads."
Bob Cassidy
Bob Cassidy Live
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2384 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Bob, are the small slates Richard Osterlind sells suitable for these effects?
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Special user
So. San Francisco, CA
928 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Purchased this earlier tonight, really love what is on the download, great stuff & the extra's at the end too ! Great info & handling on mini slates, glad I grabbed this on the deal of the day, definitely got my money's worth on this one Smile Love the dictionary thing too !!

It is funny that such an old thing like slates can still have an awesome impact when used & done right !
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
10393 Posts

Quote:
On Jan 28, 2015, Bill Cushman wrote:

For some of them. But some of the routines require more than two. I use frameless slates. The material is cut from from black plastic DVD cases, which take chalk perfectly and look exactly like silicate.
Bob Cassidy
Bob Cassidy Live
barts185
View Profile
Special user
Some would say I have been wrong on
684 Posts

Profile of barts185
Does the download say what slates to use and where to get them? Or how to make them?

I now see that part of this was answered as I was writing my question. I should have seen that coming! Smile
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
10393 Posts

Yes, yes and yes. And "yes" to the last observation as well. Smile Besides, if you have any questions you can always pop down to Inner Thoughts and ask me there. I'm always happy to answer questions or provide help.

Best-

Bob
Bob Cassidy
Bob Cassidy Live
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2384 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
People frequently complain about too much access to information via the Internet. But imagine what it would have been like to be able to "pop down" and ask Annemann's advice with such ease. Thanks for showing both sides of the billet, Bob.
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2500 Posts

Profile of Waters
Agreed Bill!

Thanks Bob. I certainly wasn't going to miss this. Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Looking forward to a quiet hour to watch'
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
World of Ideas
3696 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Slates done . Very easy to made. I already apply one handling for mini slates that I create some time ago. I already used them in a casual peformance and them work great.

Thanks again Bob
Pablo
Performer and Author

Latest: Chromatic Chair Test (featuring the Karma F0rc3): http://chromaticchairtest.blogspot.com/
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
I have killed more topics with my
5870 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Yep. Gonna get it. Those of you who know me, know I don't buy new stuff. However, this...I don't need to tell you how BRILLIANT this man is! I can use this. A GEM! Smile

Doug
gtx magic
View Profile
Loyal user
United Kingdom England
202 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
Fantastic download, bargain of the century.

When the man himself Bob "the legend" Cassidy gives you tuition on his artful craft you sit up listen and take note.

It's a privilege and honour to get the knowledge and experience from Bob Cassidy.

Graham Smile
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
10393 Posts

Don't overlook the material with the dictionary. It has applications, obviously, in ALL areas of mentalism, not just in slate routines.

Thanks for the nice comments, everyone.

(You may have noticed that the live show portion of the download was recorded at the same show as the Name/Place routine that was the subject of my previous Penguin download.)
Bob Cassidy
Bob Cassidy Live
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1941 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 28, 2015, Bill Cushman wrote:

For some of them. But some of the routines require more than two. I use frameless slates. The material is cut from from black plastic DVD cases, which take chalk perfectly and look exactly like silicate.

How do you cut them from a dvd case without shattering the material? Are you using a table saw? Thanks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Slate Killers by Bob Cassidy (2 Likes)
  Next Topic >>>
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2015 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.276467 seconds, requiring 88 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [8] [0] [5] [9] [3] [8] [8] [0]