The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Gregory Wilson's Revolution (spinning card box) (64 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15..17~18~19 [Next]
brainman
View Profile
Special user
970 Posts

Profile of brainman
I like the one card option ; )
Easier..works every time..spinns endless (almost)
https://youtu.be/qqL8CUZMOo0?list=PLXtvL......DAZ9qhkn
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On Aug 17, 2015, brainman wrote:

I agree. The single card looks great and is much easier!

Jim
theoriginalman
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of theoriginalman
I got this Friday and practiced for hours on end, it’s just so addictively fun! I stopped and picked it up the next morning and was spinning like a champ, (not quite like Gregory Wilson, but pretty good). I haven’t tried the single card spin but from what I’ve seen from a few others this looks to be a bit easier. I can’t remember the last time I had so much fun practicing a trick, and let’s not forget the packaging, nice job and I can see that a lot of thought went into it. If you don’t have it get it, you won’t be disappointed
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
981 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
This is actually a lot of fun even practicing. Had a cool experience doing this at a club this weekend. For something that looks simple in nature really entertained people a lot this weekend. Get yours!! Call max or Cole at Hocus-Pocus. I think they just got another box load of them in.
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous
SugarRayRick
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of SugarRayRick
Quote:
On Aug 17, 2015, brainman wrote:

Performing the single card spinning in front of people, I'd be nervous of them looking under the card.
brainman
View Profile
Special user
970 Posts

Profile of brainman
..no issue..just chose a wise finger-spot and a nice angle...like with the box ; )
russpie
View Profile
New user
2 steps ahead
34 Posts

Profile of russpie
Or cover the bottom of the gimmick with another card, maybe use thinner than average ones to hide the thickness?
"Tragically I was an only twin"
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Might be just me, but I don't think the single card looks as impressive as the box. It just looks more possible than the box. Which it is. I spin cards on my finger all the time. Only for a second or two but it can be done. I can't spin a full deck of cards. I just think the spinning box looks far more interesting and almost magical.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Aug 18, 2015, Cameron Francis wrote:
Might be just me, but I don't think the single card looks as impressive as the box. It just looks more possible than the box. Which it is. I spin cards on my finger all the time. Only for a second or two but it can be done. I can't spin a full deck of cards. I just think the spinning box looks far more interesting and almost magical.

I agree Cameron. I to like the box. Nice to see you post again. Have not heard from you in a while. Thinking you might be working on a release??????

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Gregory Wilson
View Profile
V.I.P.
87 Posts

Profile of Gregory Wilson
First, I'd like to thank everyone so much for their purchase of Revolution. I had no idea it would garner this much attention as it sold out at Murphy's in half a day and at my Magic Live dealer booth in just two days! It was also fun to see throngs of people at the convention taking their cards for a spin throughout the hotel.

The good news is that Murphy's made a re-order from the manufacturer and some dealers like Penguin, Hocus Pocus and Merchant of Magic still have a few units in stock. Not sure about Vanishing Inc., but you may want to check with them as well.

I should warn you though that this spinning stunt is wonderfully and hopelessly addictive as it really makes practice fun.

Regarding the brilliant Che Gregvara artwork on the box, that was designed by the world class talent of Jason Brumbalow at Murphy's . . . who also did the makes-me-proud design for Bandwidth.
seanksutton
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of seanksutton
If I choose Flat-Pack Free Shipping on Penguin, will I still receive the cool packaging?
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
981 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
Quote:
On Aug 18, 2015, seanksutton wrote:
If I choose Flat-Pack Free Shipping on Penguin, will I still receive the cool packaging?

Not to sure as I don't see this being shipped in a very flat box like say a flat DVD box.
I know hocus-Pocus always have deals with ordering like
Getting the at the table of Greg free. Call over and see what specials or deals they have today. Sometime I order and I'm surprised with a special I had no idea about.
Call Cole or max. They are always helpful.
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous
dman11
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1068 Posts

Profile of dman11
Quote:

i really doubt it....They might "flatten" out the lid and send that along since there is a link printed on the underside of it.
seanksutton
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of seanksutton
Do you think it would be possible to spin the card box with Industrial Revelation inside? Or would the slit get in the way? The more I think about it, the less plausible it seems...
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
Do you think it would be possible to spin the card box with Industrial Revelation inside? Or would the slit get in the way? The more I think about it, the less plausible it seems...

I would advise against it.
But rest assured that somebody somewhere will do it quite successfully and no doubt put it on you tube.
pelicantrapper
View Profile
Regular user
VA
193 Posts

Profile of pelicantrapper
Quote:

You do not get the cool box with Penguin flat pack. Got this yesterday and I love it. If anyone has trouble getting the feel. Practice with the single card then go back to the box. My spin increased significantly after I did that. I want to have the longest recorded spin (:. Practice time.

Cheers
Merenkov
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of Merenkov
Quote:

You might be able to spin it, but you'd probably wear your finger down to a nub in the process. By the way, it would be impossible to actually perform Industrial Revelation with the Revolution gimmick in place.
nico360
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of nico360
This product is AWESOME!! It goes straight into my act !!! Whut???? Yes, only because I have a routine with a soccer/basket ball I spin on my finger... so just as a show off, I'll do this (tomorrow's my first try) =D

Afer 2 minutes I had a good normal spin... my background of freestyle basketball helps I think... ^^
And after a bit of practice I have the "timeless spin" :p I could spin for days! I readjust with my other hand while spinning, just like a basketball ^^

I'll try to make a little video later today.

Anyways, awesome product!
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
Finally got the package! This will be a LOT of FUN Smile

4th take out of the box
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
A funny little story: I first received this- watched the tutorial and started spinning. Had pretty good success in the beginning stages. Well- it was time to change my box- so I got another deck/box and started the next day practicing. Things weren't going near as good as the first day. I am thinking what the heck could I be doing wrong. So after a day of using this box I decided to try another box- I found an empty box- removed the cards from the box I was having trouble with- come to find that I had my ARTHUR deck in it! So I put other cards other than the Arthur deck in the box and immediately was spinning like a champ!

Point is- if you are having trouble spinning and own the Arthur deck- USE it for a while and then go back to regular cards and your spin will increase dramatically, lol!!!

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Gregory Wilson's Revolution (spinning card box) (64 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15..17~18~19 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL