The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » P'ink is crazy in a good way (30 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12~13~14~15 [Next]
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Im pretty sure I heard Peter on the Alakazam vlog mention once you have written on the card it can be used several times again? is this true ?and will it last long,or do you have to buy it again instead of just a refill? please anyone.
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1695 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
It can be used for several times before the ink goes off or gets rubbed off eventually ( if you apply on a card ) . Mine went off after 5 - 7 performances or so and I just re-drew the image . Works pretty well . I have very sweaty hands so it probably got erased off by me accidentally .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2015, Magician560 wrote:
It can be used for several times before the ink goes off or gets rubbed off eventually ( if you apply on a card ) . Mine went off after 5 - 7 performances or so and I just re-drew the image . Works pretty well . I have very sweaty hands so it probably got erased off by me accidentally .

Thank you very much for your quick and informative reply,i gotta get this now.
Craig Logan
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
541 Posts

Profile of Craig Logan
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2015, Patrick Redford wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2015, mediocre_magic wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 21, 2015, Arcane423 wrote:
I just bought one of these, where is the best place for brainstorming new uses for this?

Edit: Through Penguin if relevant

The Facebook group is probably the best place. There is a link in the download provided with purchase. Lots of sharing happening.
This thing is great. It takes a little playing around to get the best results, but the download is incredibly helpful. I highly recommend this effect. "How to Read" is currently and will remain in my pocket.

As an aside, I thought of an interesting use for P'ink combined with an effect from Patrick Redford's "Applesauce." PM if you own "Applesauce" and are interested.

I bet I know which effect you're speaking of.

I should think you do.
"A wizard is not to be made in a day." -Professor Hoffmann (Modern Magic)
ninepine
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of ninepine
Irrespective of how good this may be as a new concept or method for me it scores ZERO for accessibility and presentation as a product.

Looked really impressive in the video so I bought it. Sadly this demonstrates all that is bad in advertising of magic products. Why on earth do magicians think that they are exempt from having to meet basic consumer standards?

The "Instructions" are inaccessible in a tight plastic tube and the text is so small as to be unreadable to many. This product seems to me to be a big FAIL.

Magic needs to get with it in terms of supplying a product that complies with legislation. The product "warning" would never be enforceable as it is not visible to the purchaser and unless you have an internet link and good eyesight the "instructions" are unusable. The link to the website which contains the instructions requires you to be able to distinguish between 1 and l in what seems to be 5 point text.

Sorry for the rant but in the twenty first century products have to comply with basic legislation and this, in my opinion, does not.

May be great but you are buying a pen, and difficult to read instructions that point you to a difficult to read web link.

We deserve better.
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Hum ... I had no problems reading those words though . Hey common is 21st century ... Producing less DVDs and making it as a download is considered saving the world 😁😁😁

- Albert Einstein
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
Wth are you talking about? Doesn't meet basic consumer standards? You can't open a tube? You can't read a perfectly legible clearly printed piece of instruction? Comply with what legislation? This is the future, less waste, less nonsense. We deserve better? Speak for yourself, this is one of the best things I've bought in years.

On a site where insipid remarks are common, this might be the dopiest post ever.
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

The only problem I had was that my country is hot most of the time and I can never get it to cool down automatically , thus I resulted to using ice and making the words vanish using body temp . Other than that the effect is really good . Anyway ... There is a thing in the world called magnifying glass ...

- Albert Einstein
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2015, ninepine wrote:
Irrespective of how good this may be as a new concept or method for me it scores ZERO for accessibility and presentation as a product.

Looked really impressive in the video so I bought it. Sadly this demonstrates all that is bad in advertising of magic products. Why on earth do magicians think that they are exempt from having to meet basic consumer standards?

The "Instructions" are inaccessible in a tight plastic tube and the text is so small as to be unreadable to many. This product seems to me to be a big FAIL.

Magic needs to get with it in terms of supplying a product that complies with legislation. The product "warning" would never be enforceable as it is not visible to the purchaser and unless you have an internet link and good eyesight the "instructions" are unusable. The link to the website which contains the instructions requires you to be able to distinguish between 1 and l in what seems to be 5 point text.

Sorry for the rant but in the twenty first century products have to comply with basic legislation and this, in my opinion, does not.

May be great but you are buying a pen, and difficult to read instructions that point you to a difficult to read web link.

We deserve better.

Maybe you need glasses. My eyes are not great but I had no problem reading the text. Would you prefer a whole load of packaging that adds to the price and the environmental impact of waste?
Scott Horn
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, TX
417 Posts

Profile of Scott Horn
Question on color... Is the visible black (virtually) the same as a black Sharpie, or do you need to shop around to find a "compatible" black for the permanent part of your image? (i.e. 3H in permanent ink that morphs into 8S with Pink)
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Quote:
On Apr 24, 2015, Scott Horn wrote:
Question on color... Is the visible black (virtually) the same as a black Sharpie, or do you need to shop around to find a "compatible" black for the permanent part of your image? (i.e. 3H in permanent ink that morphs into 8S with Pink)

It's similar, but the more similar is a Expo Marker. IMO
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Dam I will have to order this on line,as I was hoping to pick one up tomo in a shop so I gotta wait a bit,Arrrhhh I hate waiting,lol.
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

I guess normal sharpie's ink will reflect under light ? This ink won't reflect under light so there might be a slight difference .

- Albert Einstein
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Anyway ... After trying the gimmick out , I realized the maximum temperature for P'ink to stay visible is around 22 - 24 degree ( celcius ) ... Just in case anyone wants to know ...

- Albert Einstein
knownmagician
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of knownmagician
So.. it's could not be done in tropical country where the average room temperature is around 30-32 degree celcius?
TheMightyRicardo
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of TheMightyRicardo
I'm in the Tropics so this is very useful information. So an air-conditioned venue or cold water will be needed.
Thanks, Richard
Uncle Joe
View Profile
Regular user
Japan
194 Posts

Profile of Uncle Joe
Looks amazing and kudos to those who can pull it off.
I depend upon 100% certainty and reliability.
Sure,there's an element of risk with other effects, but I
don't need to add more.
It's extremely humid here in summer and I'm not walking around
with 'ice' in my pockets.
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

I was in my air con room trying out every singe temperature before finding out it works until 24 degrees ... 30 - 32 degrees will definitely not work . I think most air con room will work but you have to make sure it falls below 22 degrees just to be safe . 22 degrees the ink will definitely be very visible . 24 or 25 degrees there the ink won't be as clear .

- Albert Einstein
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

I only perform this in air con room and it is working really well . Seem that most restaurant in my country is air conditioned , which is perfect . I carry ices in cooling bottles ( if I named it correctly ) and I carry the pouch included in the To The Max effect . I just put two ice cubes inside and it helps to cool my pre made gimmick down . Smile

- Albert Einstein
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
I have this coming and can't wait to play about with it,just watched the instructions download really good idea's,i bet I will have trouble getting the right dry pen. EXPO? we only have WHS Smiths ,Staples,or RYMANS,so hope I can get one,plus any idea which WET marker is best in the UK please.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » P'ink is crazy in a good way (30 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12~13~14~15 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL