The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Forcing 1 out of 5 or 7 jumbo cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

northernmagic
View Profile
New user
Montreal, Canada
8 Posts

Profile of northernmagic
Hi,

Anyone know where I could get info on forcing 1 out of 5 or 7 jumbo cards? I've read about different ways to do it by naming a number and spelling out the numbers, or using math... but I'd like to find a simple method that looks clean and simple.

Thank you.
Zeiros
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Zeiros
If they can be face up, you can try verbally forcing one. Phil Goldstein deals with this very thing (well, forcing one of five coins, but any other object should work fine) in his booklet Verbal Control: 'A Treatise on the Underexplored Art of Equivoque.'

Available for $5 from magicbookshop.com
northernmagic
View Profile
New user
Montreal, Canada
8 Posts

Profile of northernmagic
Thank you for your idea, but the cards definitely have to be face down while they are chosen since the card can only be seen by the participant for maximum impact. What I'm looking for is more of a move I could do so that the spectator could touch any of the cards, and then I would hand them the forced card, leaving them thinking it was their selection... To add even more difficulty, I cannot really use a table since this is for stand up.

Thanx
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Rough and Smooth. Smile Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
MichaelSibbernsen
View Profile
Special user
Omaha, NE
513 Posts

Profile of MichaelSibbernsen
Pete's suggestion (i.e. Pop Eyed Popper-esque) is by far the best per your requirements.

MS
Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1402 Posts

Profile of Steve Friedberg
Jimmy Molinari (jcards01 here on the Café) has some excellent thoughts about forcing one of four cards on a spectator. While I know it's not the five-to-seven card set up you asked about...you may want to contact him to get his thoughts, and see how you can adapt them for your own.
Cheers,
Steve

"A trick does not fool the eyes, but fools the brain." -- John Mulholland
Nir Dahan
View Profile
Inner circle
Munich, Germany
1390 Posts

Profile of Nir Dahan
Do not go for spelling the number. It makes the effect so weak. The best you can do is go with Pete's suggestion. If you don't like gimmicks try the 10-11 force. but then you will have 10(?) cards to chose from.
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
I'd go with a cull force.
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
Paul Chosse
View Profile
V.I.P.
1955 - 2010
2389 Posts

Profile of Paul Chosse
Ron Bauer has a technique based on a Hofzinser move called "The Hofbauer Force." It would work perfectly for a small group of cards and is usable for regular or jumbo cards. Unfortunately, the only place I know of that you can read it in is one of his released effects. It is called "The Chick Trick," and is available from many dealers, or directly from Ron at http://www.thinklikeaconjuror.com, but the cost is 24.00, and may be more than you want to invest to learn a force. On the other hand, "The Chick Trick" is an act in itself, and the best trick I've learned in years! I asked Ron not to release it; it is so good I wanted to keep it to myself. I've used it for ten years and would have liked to keep it to myself. I do not get anything for pumping Ron's stuff, in case you're wondering - it is simply the best material to be released to the magic fraternity in the last 20 years! I guess what I'm saying is - buy the Chick Trick, learn a force that will work in the trick you're doing, and get a great act to boot!

Best, PSC
"You can't steal a gift..." Dizzy Gillespie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Forcing 1 out of 5 or 7 jumbo cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL