The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Deck of cards with a hole in the top of everyone of them (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Got this deck in a secoundhand shop to day it also has one card half stuck to the other,any ideas what it might of been used for please,no instructions.
mlippo
View Profile
Inner circle
Trieste (Italy)
1227 Posts

Profile of mlippo
Looks like the cards that came (or come, dunno if still in production) along with small handcuffs (which are used to lock the pack of cards by putting one of the rings thru the hole in the cards).
The effect used to be call "The Houdini Card" or something like that. Spectator chooses a card from the pack and then card disappears from the deck in spite of being locked by the handcuffs.

The "special" card you mention, plays a special part in the trick, of course...

mlippo
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2015, mlippo wrote:
Looks like the cards that came (or come, dunno if still in production) along with small handcuffs (which are used to lock the pack of cards by putting one of the rings thru the hole in the cards).
The effect used to be call "The Houdini Card" or something like that. Spectator chooses a card from the pack and then card disappears from the deck in spite of being locked by the handcuffs.

The "special" card you mention, plays a special part in the trick, of course...

mlippo

Many thanks for the info and reply mlippo thought it might be a locked deck of some sort the holes are perfectly round and all line up but are not in one corner like a locked deck and the ones I have watched are locked up inside the card case with a padlock,i have this sussed now after having another look through ,now to get a padlock,all the best.
mlippo
View Profile
Inner circle
Trieste (Italy)
1227 Posts

Profile of mlippo
The one deck I saw had the holes in one corner AND the card case had a hole in the same place as well. If your holes are not in the corner, then I don't know, but I believe the effect could be the same...
mlippo
View Profile
Inner circle
Trieste (Italy)
1227 Posts

Profile of mlippo
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2015, mlippo wrote:
See this..

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S12406

mlippo

Many thanks for the link mlippo,your right there I think this has been made up by someone I got the deck a dommino trick and a a coin matrix type of effect,not looked at them yet for the grand total of £2.00 in a junk shop,i think I am going to have fun with this deck though,i have been playing about with it and it has two force card gimmicks made up ,great fun revealing the card on my college identy card holder,that's just one idea.
John McLaughlin
View Profile
Veteran user
Gloucester, Massachusetts
393 Posts

Profile of John McLaughlin
I had a similar deck about 10 years ago. It also came with a combination lock that was on top of the deck. You turned the combination and lifted the deck to the chosen card. Not sure if this is what you have,
...NSA John McLaughlin, not CIA John McLaughlin
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On Feb 18, 2015, John McLaughlin wrote:
I had a similar deck about 10 years ago. It also came with a combination lock that was on top of the deck. You turned the combination and lifted the deck to the chosen card. Not sure if this is what you have,
Thanks Jonh certainly could be used like how you have described.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I thought it was this, which was actually the first "Brick Shop" effect I ever bought. THis and Color Monte. http://themagicwarehouse.com/LP1500/Locked-Deck.html
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2015, paisa23 wrote:
I thought it was this, which was actually the first "Brick Shop" effect I ever bought. THis and Color Monte. http://themagicwarehouse.com/LP1500/Locked-Deck.html

That's the one paisa23 except the hole at the top is centred,i have an idea to reveal the card from the deck while padlocked two spectators hold one end of a peice of thin rope going throught the padlock I place a black silk over the deck and lock and with my hands I pull out their card with hole intact,more fora younger audiance.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I believe this was my first version of my card to wallet. I always kept the card in my wallet as a revelation
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Deck of cards with a hole in the top of everyone of them (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL