The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Changeling at Blackpool (99 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..14~15~16 [Next]
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
I attended the convention for Sunday only and the "changeling "was sold out can anyone explain what it is and perhaps review it .Thanks
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
I have it.

It's the cleanest in the (specs) hands bill switch available.

You place a fiver in their hand, they hold it for a short time, open their hand and they see a tenner.

That's just the very basic. I saw the £5/£10 transposition performed. It appeared as clean as a whistle.

Notes DO NOT need to be the same size.

You'll need to destroy a note or two to make the gimmick.

Comes supplied with DVD and special 'somethings' to put it together.

Totally fooled me and that doesn't happen often.

Gets the thumbs up from me.

Any more questions, within reason, ask away.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
The0mas
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of The0mas
This looks very good… Can the bill be shown open and on both sides before folding it and make the change? and can it be examined before and after the routine? when will this be released? Penguin does not tell that
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

The way the routines are structured, and the fact you're using a specs' note, means you don't need to worry about the notes being examined by the spec before or after. Smile
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2015, Jamie Ferguson wrote:

Sold.
The0mas
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of The0mas
Quote:
The way the routines are structured, and the fact you're using a specs' note, means you don't need to worry about the notes being examined by the spec before or after. Smile

Ah, sorry I missed the point of the borrowed bill Smile
Until now I have been considering Justin Miller's First Hand the best effect of his kind… should I reconsider this? Smile
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Maybe wait for more reviews for balance. I'm a fan.
The0mas
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of The0mas
Quote:
Maybe wait for more reviews for balance. I'm a fan.

Yes I will for sure wait for some reviews Smile anyway, do you have an idea of the releasing date?
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I should have bought this but when showed by the guy at Titanas stand he screwed it up. I should have bought as believe Marc does perfectly and it is easy . Will order online now as don't have to do in specs hand anyway Smile
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
The version in the glass is awesome especially being held by spectator!
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
This is the best thing I saw at Blackpool, the general release is around 12th March, we will have it up on our website later today.

Marc was outside the Ruskin just doing this over and over with the Murphy's guys they were just blown away by it as was I, you have to see the change to believe it it looks so good.

This will be a worldwide hit, I predict it will sell as well as Extreme Burn.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
r99h
View Profile
Loyal user
Southampton, UK
257 Posts

Profile of r99h
Quote:
I have it.

You place a fiver in their hand, they hold it for a short time, open their hand and they see a tenner.

That's just the very basic. I saw the £5/£10 transposition performed. It appeared as clean as a whistle.

Does this mean the overall cost of the effect is about £15 more than the purchase price in the UK?

Rich
MarcLavelle
View Profile
Loyal user
Birmingham
260 Posts

Profile of MarcLavelle
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2015, r99h wrote:
Quote:
I have it.

Does this mean the overall cost of the effect is about £15 more than the purchase price in the UK?

Rich

Depends what you decide to make it out of, or if you want to build it using photocopies etc. (Or hypothetically: 'dodgy' notes!)
MarcLavelle
View Profile
Loyal user
Birmingham
260 Posts

Profile of MarcLavelle
Thank you everyne for your interest in The Changeling. I am really proud of this, and will try and pop on the Café as regularly as possible to answer any questions people may have!

Just a few answers for some FAQ's from Blackpool though:

Yes, it can be done with ANY currency, even plastic notes, although you may have to iron (indirectly, through paper etc) the notes to be able to fold them to size to be placed in your spec's hand.

Yes there are other (at least a dozen) ways to activate the change, to suit different performance styles. If you are not comfortable putting cash or a gimmick in a spec's hand, although the routines on the DVD cover everything to be your cash back as part of the routine!

No, you do not have to permanently damage any notes to make your gimmick - everything is salvageable, should your wish to deconstruct/rebuild your gimmick for any reason

Yes, they are long lasting! My first one lasted me almost 10 months of regular use, I only changed it as it was getting noticably grubby looking through being used so much! (The gimmick I used at Blackpool has been used AT LEAST 600 times!

No, it doesn't have to be used as a bill switch! You can use it to reveal a force card/word ect, use it for a pseudo hypnosis routine (on paper, not cash!), ink changing effects, plus other ideas!
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2015, MarcLavelle wrote:
Thank you everyne for your interest in The Changeling. I am really proud of this, and will try and pop on the Café as regularly as possible to answer any questions people may have!

Just a few answers for some FAQ's from Blackpool though:

Yes, it can be done with ANY currency, even plastic notes, although you may have to iron (indirectly, through paper etc) the notes to be able to fold them to size to be placed in your spec's hand.

Yes there are other (at least a dozen) ways to activate the change, to suit different performance styles. If you are not comfortable putting cash or a gimmick in a spec's hand, although the routines on the DVD cover everything to be your cash back as part of the routine!

No, you do not have to permanently damage any notes to make your gimmick - everything is salvageable, should your wish to deconstruct/rebuild your gimmick for any reason

Yes, they are long lasting! My first one lasted me almost 10 months of regular use, I only changed it as it was getting noticably grubby looking through being used so much! (The gimmick I used at Blackpool has been used AT LEAST 600 times!

No, it doesn't have to be used as a bill switch! You can use it to reveal a force card/word ect, use it for a pseudo hypnosis routine (on paper, not cash!), ink changing effects, plus other ideas!

Ticks all the boxes. You must have had many sleepless nights perfecting this one. Lol
MarcLavelle
View Profile
Loyal user
Birmingham
260 Posts

Profile of MarcLavelle
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2015, pegasus wrote:

Ticks all the boxes. You must have had many sleepless nights perfecting this one. Lol

I am just glad others will also have as much fun with it as I have over the last year!
KyleMarlett
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of KyleMarlett
This was by far the BEST thing at Blackpool!

I may go as far to say that this may be the best piece of magic I've ever seen. I know that's a big thing to say but as a magician I've never had magic happen in my hand like this. When he placed the bill in my hand and I closed it and I opened it and he never touched it during the change, my mind exploded.

The method is so easy and simple, I was mad that I didn't think of it.

Can't recommend it enough!

-K
MarcLavelle
View Profile
Loyal user
Birmingham
260 Posts

Profile of MarcLavelle
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2015, KyleMarlett wrote:
This was by far the BEST thing at Blackpool!

I may go as far to say that this may be the best piece of magic I've ever seen. I know that's a big thing to say but as a magician I've never had magic happen in my hand like this. When he placed the bill in my hand and I closed it and I opened it and he never touched it during the change, my mind exploded.

The method is so easy and simple, I was mad that I didn't think of it.

Can't recommend it enough!

-K

That means a lot to me Kyle! Thank you again for your time over the weekend!
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2536 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2015, Saturn UK wrote:
This will be a worldwide hit, I predict it will sell as well as Extreme Burn.

Says a man who actually knows very little about the history of magic and, according to a friend who he's spoken to at the Leamington & Coventry magic clubs, "has never read a BOOK about magic in his life" (his words, not mine).

The terms 'pinch' and 'salt' spring so readily to mind. Smile
Barry Allen

Over 14 years have passed - and still missing Abra Magazine arriving every Saturday morning.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Changeling at Blackpool (99 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..14~15~16 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL