The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Canic by Nicholas Lawrence and Sansminds (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
Quote:
On Apr 5, 2015, The Greek wrote:
Here is our review on Canic.

http://www.magictao.co.uk/TaoTV/Weekly-Magazine-EP-26

Thanks for confirming that the review I saw was accurate and that Sans Minds are lying pieces of $*(%.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Why do you guys even bother to do a review show if you can't even bring yourself to call out Sansmind and Nicholas Lawrence for totally and completely lying about the this trick in the ad copy and totally misrepresenting the trick on their trailer?

Just from this review, I would not bother with your show in the future.

Sandsmind and Nicholas Lawrence, you will likely never get my business again. I don't support businesses and magicians who lie and deceive their customers.

Quote:
On Apr 5, 2015, The Greek wrote:
Here is our review on Canic.

http://www.magictao.co.uk/TaoTV/Weekly-Magazine-EP-26
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
The Greek
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of The Greek
Kaliix we do not know the facts to accuse anyone of anything. It might be a major mistake by someone. We do not know. We gave our honest comment and that's it.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Kaliix is a real hothead and often opens his mouth to speak before he thinks.

It's best to take no notice of his posts.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
tenyo4life
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of tenyo4life
I just spoke to Nicholas and he claims Canic CAN be done with ANY borrowed can. He is not sure why Sansminds hasn't included the BORROWED can handling which is very practical and easy to perform with no switch.. he also mentioned that anybody who gets this message can contact him on Facebook and he will teach those who bought DVD the complete borrowed handling. He IS honestly just as aggravated if not more!! this was an issue between Nicholas & SansMinds, This effect can be done with any borrowed can BOTTOM LINE
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
Quote:
On Apr 5, 2015, tenyo4life wrote:
I just spoke to Nicholas and he claims Canic CAN be done with ANY borrowed can. He is not sure why Sansminds hasn't included the BORROWED can handling which is very practical and easy to perform with no switch.. he also mentioned that anybody who gets this message can contact him on Facebook and he will teach those who bought DVD the complete borrowed handling. He IS honestly just as aggravated if not more!! this was an issue between Nicholas & SansMinds, This effect can be done with any borrowed can BOTTOM LINE

Let Nicholas know that there are groups of people, and that number is growing, that are refusing to deal with SansMinds. I've now seen posts on multiple FB groups (and it's not like I'm a member of every magic group so who knows how widespread this is getting), about both SansMinds and now specifically this effect. He might partly be paying the price for all the lying which has happened in the past, but maybe he can learn from this and research the company with whom he's doing business and choosing to release his effect. If creators stop dealing with companies like SansMinds, there wouldn't be an issue like this.
The Greek
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of The Greek
It seems we made a mistake. Our apologies to Sans Minds and Nicholas Lawrence for missing this. It believe it should of been made a bit clearer, but there is an ungimicked version taught on the DVD at Chapter 7. This explains Canic with a borrowed soda can. So yes, you can perform Canic with a borrowed can.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Hey pot, it's kettle, your black...

Quote:
On Apr 5, 2015, Jamie Ferguson wrote:

The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
I'm at a loss to understand how magicians doing a REVIEW SHOW for this product failed to realize that there is an ungimmicked version offered on the DVD? I can only come up with two reasons, either you didn't watch the entire DVD or you forgot. Both suggest you are unqualified to be reviewing products.

My apologies to Sansmind and Nicholas Lawrence for relying on incorrect information from TaoTV.

Quote:
On Apr 7, 2015, The Greek wrote:
It seems we made a mistake. Our apologies to Sans Minds and Nicholas Lawrence for missing this. It believe it should of been made a bit clearer, but there is an ungimicked version taught on the DVD at Chapter 7. This explains Canic with a borrowed soda can. So yes, you can perform Canic with a borrowed can.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Quote:
On Apr 7, 2015, Kaliix wrote:
Hey pot, it's kettle, your black...

Quote:
On Apr 5, 2015, Jamie Ferguson wrote:

Good response! Smile
The Greek
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of The Greek
Kaliix my response to Nicholas Lawrence and Sans Minds answers the why. Ask them to it here, here as I do believe we were justified in our comment. Get a copy of the email. At the moment I am getting quite a few messages from Nicholas on facebook. Crazy as I sent him the email I sent to Sands Minds and it seems he doesn't get my reasoning. I won't reply any more to this thread. Sands Minds has my permission to paste my email in its entirety here. 😃
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

The Greek has shared his email with me.

Kaliix should really stop stirring the pot here. He is shouting about things while armed with only a small percentage of the facts.

Kaliix, please refrain from badmouthing people when you don't really know what's going on.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Did you miss the part where I apologized for TaoTV's mistake?

And Jamie, you know what, you do whatever you want on these threads, whether people like it or appreciate it or not. Mostly though your posts are just snark and pot stirring, with very little of that "magicians helping magicians" thing. So you can go pound sand there buttercup.

Quote:
On Apr 7, 2015, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
The Greek has shared his email with me.

Kaliix should really stop stirring the pot here. He is shouting about things while armed with only a small percentage of the facts.

Kaliix, please refrain from badmouthing people when you don't really know what's going on.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
Yet another moment when a few people went crazy badmouthing Sansminds over something that was completely not factual. Maybe the people shrieking about lying ads should start at home and stop posting inaccurate information. Not saying they never misrepresented but I haven't seen it on any products I've purchased.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
And that should start with the people who review those products. Can you imagine the howling and vapors that many on this board would have if WPR made that kind of mistake?

What I really would like is a couple of actual reviews of this thing. Anyone???

Quote:
On Apr 7, 2015, Slackerking wrote:
Yet another moment when a few people went crazy badmouthing Sansminds over something that was completely not factual. Maybe the people shrieking about lying ads should start at home and stop posting inaccurate information. Not saying they never misrepresented but I haven't seen it on any products I've purchased.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
Agreed. A lot of misinformation has been thrown about. This also happened on his Something Out of the Ordinary release a few weeks ago. Must be frustrating as a creator to get inaccurate info out there.
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
From someone that has it:

There is a section about using an ungimmicked can.
You would have to make sure the gimmicked tab which you are carrying around with you matches the tab on their can, so "any unprepared soda can off any one" still is not true.
The load is difficult to secure and is clumsy to release.

Since you need to make up the gimmicked tabs, and I don't know what is involved with that, other than the tab which I'm presuming I supply, how much of whatever else is neeeded is supplied? Or is the presumption that this would be a common thing (which in my opinion would be okay if it's a rubber band, not okay if it's IET). If it's a supplied material, how many gimmicks can be made up from what is included?
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
871 Posts

Profile of Nechto
Wow, I love Canic. Didn't need to watch the DVD to see how this works with a borrowed can, it was GLARINGLY obvious.

Well done Nick, you have a great creative mind and I have enjoyed a lot of your ideas. Kudos.

I would also say if you were a proper prepared magician you could easily be ready to perform Canic with any can. It isn't hard, too many people just want their miracles to be actual miracles. It can be hard work to do the crazy good stuff in magic, suck it up and get stuck in or just leave it out and stick to your non prep impromptu 'miracles'. Canic is not even hard, it is super easy and a great illusion. So you have to think about what tab you use, SO WHAT????

There are no expensive props, it is very easy to make up and use, I just do not see what everyone's issue is. Apparently it was that SansMind lied and it wasn't taught how to do it with a borrowed can but this was on the DVD after all as it not?

I only came on here to have a look as I haven't been here in a while, I now remember why I stay away.

Bye bye Café.

Ben
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Quote:
On Apr 8, 2015, Kaliix wrote:
And that should start with the people who review those products. Can you imagine the howling and vapors that many on this board would have if WPR made that kind of mistake?

What I really would like is a couple of actual reviews of this thing. Anyone???

Quote:
On Apr 7, 2015, Slackerking wrote:

Why don't you buy one for once, instead of asking other to spend their hard earned?
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
I think there are only two major distributors of soda here in the US, and I'm guessing the tabs on both of their products are the same across their respective platform and very close to the tabs on the competitors cans, so I doubt the inconsistencies would be noticeable. Maybe on less common drinks, but like most tricks there are limits. Seems to be more naysaying just to naysay. If you hate the company or creator, why read about them other than to just chime in and disparage?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Canic by Nicholas Lawrence and Sansminds (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL