The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Coin Management (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm building an Ark. Anyone have any posts to spare? I have only
1862 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Hi. I would like to hear some opinions on this:

When you have a routine that uses ungimmicked coins that are switched for gimmicked coins, how do you keep the coins and how do you manage them? I like to keep things simple and easy to manage, so I tend to keep both gimmicked coins and ungimmicked coins in the same pouch and then palm the gimmicked coins while I hand out the ungimmicked coins. I then do a false transfer and ditch the ungimmicked coins as I put the pouch in my pocket.

Any other thoughts?

KJ
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3684 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
That chimes with me too; I have also used a gravity hold out in the past. Sean Goodman's new gizmo works nicely for the purpose, and is far less hassle as well as not requiring sleeves.

Tony Miller's Möbius Wallet, which is perfect for coins, also features a hold out option, and it's motivated as a prop by its nature. It is a very deceptive item; also, it is the only coin purse I have ever or will ever own, as I just find coin purses... well... a bit... 'girly', for want of a better word.

Anyways, what you outlined in your initial post works for me too. No messing, no special prep needed.

Cheers,

Tom
"Jazz is an accident waiting to have happened."

David St. Hubbins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Coin Management (0 Likes)
  Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2015 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.039013 seconds, requiring 14 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [8] [8] [9] [4] [7] [9] [6] [9]