The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » GONZO Official Trailer (513 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22~23~24..30..35..40..45..48~49~50 [Next]
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Once again guys. Fight back like I said way back in this forum. don't pre order. Look? Its not going to be out on the 27th like it said or earlier like they said. There just getting your money to fund there idea and its not even perfect yet.
Jeff_Mash
View Profile
Veteran user
Bay Area, California
328 Posts

Profile of Jeff_Mash
Hey everyone ...... For anyone who purchased this with MJM Magic, I wanted to reassure you of a few things. There are always two sides to any story. I spoke to Paul Harris personally about this, and he let me know that all Gonzo's that we'll be getting have been tested, and as always with any "Paul Harris Presents" item, if there are any defects after you get the item, they will stand behind the product and have them replaced.

So if MJM Magic ships you one of these, you will have 30 days to try it out and get any defects replaced (if you happen to get any). Personally, for the amount of Paul Harris volume that we ship, defects with his products are very rare.....and when we've come across them, we've always taken care of the customer to get them a new one. It's NEVER a hassle for us to do that.

I personally am not worried about this product, because we have always had a great relationship with Paul Harris and his brand. If he tells me that it will be fine, then I believe him. And if there is a problem, we will get free replacements for our customers.
Your friend in magic,

Jeff Mash, CEO
MJM Magic - "Magic for Magicians, Jokesters, and Mentalists!"
http://www.MJMMagic.com
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
I have been told directly that the shipment should be with Murphys today but it may arrive after the order cut off point.

Assuming it does it will be Monday before they ship and we therefore should get them Wednesfay in the UK.

There is misinformation going around, again I'm told all units are as they should be.
As already stated if there does happen to be a defective it will be sorted asap.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
View Profile
Elite user
433 Posts

Profile of 13
I look forward to reviews.
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1279 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
Based on two release dates not met, talk of a defective product, I asked for a refund.
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
I encourage everyone to read the liability clause I posted on this thread. Paul Harris, having financed this product, and having vetted the product description on this thread by the creator, is on the hook for ensuring quality. If anyone receives a defective unit or even a unit that doesn't do what the description states on this thread (like 180 degree angles), then I encourage you to exercise your consumer protection right and demand a full refund.

Regards,
Mike
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Maybe instead of a refund, PH will all give us a Little Man as a complimentary gift Smile
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
HaHaHa I like that Brent.
Todd
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
As I posted earlier Gonzo was on its way to Murphy's, it has now arrived on the 27th as stated, the stock is sitting in my cart as available waiting to go.

As I suspected it missed the order cut off time so it will ship to us on Monday which means we should get it in Wednesday in the UK.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1987 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Mar 27, 2015, insight wrote:
I encourage everyone to read the liability clause I posted on this thread. Paul Harris, having financed this product, and having vetted the product description on this thread by the creator, is on the hook for ensuring quality. If anyone receives a defective unit or even a unit that doesn't do what the description states on this thread (like 180 degree angles), then I encourage you to exercise your consumer protection right and demand a full refund.

Regards,
Mike

Anyone In the UK if your not happy , under the distance selling regulation if you are not happy you are entitled to full refund no questions asked , within 14 days of reviving item
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2015, JackMagic wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 27, 2015, insight wrote:

Regards,
Mike

Anyone In the UK if your not happy , under the distance selling regulation if you are not happy you are entitled to full refund no questions asked , within 14 days of reviving item

I'd just like to say that reputable on-line dealers and brick and mortar stores like Hocus Pocus, Penquin magic and Saturn magic have always honoured if things weren't right by self regulation. No need for the pitch forks. I haven't ordered it, but if I had, I'd rather it be late but sorted, rather than rushed and not right.
dynamite magic shop
View Profile
New user
Netherlands
24 Posts

Profile of dynamite magic shop
Hi there,

I HAVE a large brick & mortar shop in the Netherlands selling and demonstrating all of the items. Do you know what I also find a problem, talking now about Gonzo?

People were asking us, can you get one for me, is it good, etc?

I told them, sure I can get one for you, and now we are expecting quite some next week. But what did I actually buy/sell? And...is it good or does it only look good? I don't know, nobody seems to know. Of course when we get it I might be able to demonstrate it but chances are it is to complicated to demonstrate it in between of all the thousands of other items I sell and show to the customers.

To me the old days demonstrating items and selling them where the best days, now (and I have a large internetshop doing very well) we are selling tons of dvd's with make-it-yourself explanations on how to make the gimmick with glue, rubber, magnets and pieces of card. No more ready to use gimmicks...but all lazy kind of video instructions (o.k...some DO include gimmicks).

Also the videodemo's seem to be movies on itself and of course taken from the only right angle which nobody in real life has (please put two steps aside and one to the back so I can show you something cool....?), but does it tell anything about how good the effect is at the end. No, it doesn's, it tells about how good the camera guy is with his camera and software...

So....just wanted to share my opinion on this...and it was started by talking about the Gonzo, which I cannot wait to see how it works Smile

Expecting it to be here by the middle of next week...

René
Dynamite Magic Shop.com
Siddharta
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of Siddharta
I have another technical question about Gonzo. This thread states that you have to do a one-time adjustment so the unit fits your size/body. It also states that you can use the gimmick with sleeves down, like with a jacket on, but also with bare forearms. Now my question is, if the gimmick is tailord to use with bare forearms, can you also use it with a jacket ? So without rebuilding the gimmick. That is important imo, because sometimes I would like to use it with jacket, but the next day with sleeves rolled up.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
No need to rebuild. As long as your arms don't grow you'll be ok. Smile
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
I have not seen Gonzo though the method was shared with me some time ago. I am not here to comment on whether you will like the product or not as that is for you to decide after it is released and you have seen it or learned more details from others who actually have it.

What I can tell you is that there are bad faith efforts and misinformation by the artist (Jacques Olet aka Jose LacQuest ) to harm anyone involved with this project.

Before this dispute transpired between the various parties, Jacques eloquently posted answers to every question, responded to every concern, and stood by the creation he and a few others worked on. Now to apparently railroad or ruin the project/product as a result of the fallout he cannot say "I now think the product is not worthy" so instead he falls into the only other thing he can say to sabotage it... "there is a problem with it." There is no proof just an alarm.

The fact is the other parties involved, the distributor, or any dealer would not knowingly risk alienating customers by allowing a defective product. It just would not make sense to lose customers and alienate people for $100. But Jacques understands that everyone loves to watch the car accident, the train wreck, the fear, etc. He capitalizes on this harm others as opposed to letting Café members get accurate information. If someone loves or hates a product I am happy that they share precisely why so we can make an informed decision. What is not acceptable is getting inaccurate truths to achieve an agenda.

Thus keep in mind there are always two sides and the other side would shock you - guaranteed. When I heard and read some of the information I was shocked but I have seen these patterns with Jacques. It's unfortunate.

I'd suggest not listening to anything and wait to determine the merits of the product, the accuracy of ads, and whether there is a problem from the first few purchases. We all know that if a problem truly exists in a product we hear about it almost instantly on the Café.

I am confident that the distributor, the others involved in the project, and any credible dealer will make right if there ever is a problem (on even the best of products defectives occur always in all walks of products magic and non).

I would suggest you wait and make your opinion of the product based on 1) the feedback from those who do opt to invest in it and try it out or 2) your own experiences with the product. Anything else (speculation, listening to inaccurate information, etc.) will not get us an accurate picture or help us adequately decide of this is for us or not.

I have no part in this project but I have seen some of the unfortunate back story by Jacques and it's really bad. I hate to see bullies and people simply lying to harm others. I don't know if you will like Gonzo or not. But I do know there is not a lot of truth coming from Jacques so be careful what you listen to. I can already see some are listening and that is unfortunate.

Tim
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1279 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
I asked Hocus Pocus to cancel my order.
They said that they are shipping Monday. If I still want, they will credit my account on Monday.
I told them that if they are shipping Monday, send it.
I don't like delays with my money in someone's hands.
But if it's shipping, I want to see this thing through.
I will post a review.
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
Alex Linian
View Profile
Inner circle
Peru
1277 Posts

Profile of Alex Linian
I'm looking forward to the product being out next week. I think it should speak for itself. It seems I am being painted as someone who has a horse in this race when a) I've financially already made all I’ll ever make for my involvement with Gonzo b) I have no current or future projects with PHP on the pipeline and c) I'm currently in school and focused on other things.

I don't usually go around the forums and talk up any project I'm involved in; I don't know if people will like them or not- I leave that up to them. But I know of all the work I and others have put into Gonzo in order to make this a worthwhile project. This is why I was happy to come and answer questions here at first, and why I had to speak up when I saw that our work was being sabotaged and the people I worked with slandered.

So, again, I'm looking forward to next week, when speculation and false accusations are no longer possible. In the meantime, there is a video out there that claims I doctored my performance footage. This is a lie that I'll be happy to unmask. I hope anyone listening to Jose will look at the following link and realize the kind of person they are dealing with:

http://wp.me/pf0M1-S

Alex Linian
Uncle Joe
View Profile
Regular user
Japan
194 Posts

Profile of Uncle Joe
Too much hype and too much drama for a simple utility device.
Anticipation is one thing,but this is becoming silly.Let the product speak for itself in a few days time.
Also,why does anyone pre order.Desperation?
Dark Knight
View Profile
Loyal user
My troops are stationed at
272 Posts

Profile of Dark Knight
To vanish a small object or coin (and Gonzo cannot handle larger coins, like Silver Dollars, which are usually the best coins to use, especially for more than one or two spectators), it seems rather clunky and angle-sensitive to rely on a hold-out that extends under your arm into your hand, no matter how ingeniously constructed. In my own coin routines, I often do use a little something extra that allows me to exactly duplicate a vanish from the spectator's hand with my sleeves rolled up and both hands revealed to be completely empty; but nothing as elaborate as the Raven-Black Widow-Gonzo line of products. Although I won't describe my routines, I will say that some moderate sleight-of-hand, combined with something extra, can overcome many obstacles.

DK
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2015, Alex Linian wrote:
I'm looking forward to the product being out next week. I think it should speak for itself. It seems I am being painted as someone who has a horse in this race when a) I've financially already made all I’ll ever make for my involvement with Gonzo b) I have no current or future projects with PHP on the pipeline and c) I'm currently in school and focused on other things.

I don't usually go around the forums and talk up any project I'm involved in; I don't know if people will like them or not- I leave that up to them. But I know of all the work I and others have put into Gonzo in order to make this a worthwhile project. This is why I was happy to come and answer questions here at first, and why I had to speak up when I saw that our work was being sabotaged and the people I worked with slandered.

So, again, I'm looking forward to next week, when speculation and false accusations are no longer possible. In the meantime, there is a video out there that claims I doctored my performance footage. This is a lie that I'll be happy to unmask. I hope anyone listening to Jose will look at the following link and realize the kind of person they are dealing with:

http://wp.me/pf0M1-S

Alex Linian

Thanks Alex. I've read through the private emails you posted on your blog and at no point did you try to stop the flash being edited out. Why? I'm not sure what point you were trying to make by posting them.

I suggest we focus on discussing the product rather than the people involved from this point on.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » GONZO Official Trailer (513 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22~23~24..30..35..40..45..48~49~50 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL