The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Philippines members? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tukaram
View Profile
Loyal user
Iloilo, Philippines
227 Posts

Profile of Tukaram
I have retired and live in the Philippines. There are 2 rings up in Manila but no others listed for the rest of the country. I am in Iloilo (Western Visayas) and would like to know if there is a way to see if there are members in my area. There is one magic "club" here in the city but it has no meetings. They are a performing group that calls themself a club. They also have a very small shop (more like a kiosk). It is the only magic shop in the city. I have talked to them about forming a regular club but they seem to have no interest.

So... at present there are 2 of us, old retired Americans, that do some magic. Not really a club either... Is there a way to find out if there are some IBM members in the area? If there are some - it would be nice to form a ring. Or at least organize a club and try to grow into ring membership.

I did look on the IBM site but saw nothing about the requirements for forming a ring. But I did find the FaceBook page of the TVP for the Philippines (he is in Manila). I will send him a message a well.
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Tuk, the Philippines TVP is Ferdinand "Chubster" Flores and he is one of the best TVPs we have. His email is thechubstershow@gmail.com. If you want his phone number, PM me and I'll send it privately. He is also a member here, so you might look him up here and PM him.

He can request a list of all of the members in your area and possibly help you form a Ring or recruit new members. You will need at least ten (10) I.B.M. members to form a Ring. I can send you the New Ring Petition and New Ring Guide if you'll PM me your email address.

As New Ring Coordinator, if there is anything Chubster and I can do to help, just ask us. You are in VERY good hands with Chubster!

Skip
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Tukaram
View Profile
Loyal user
Iloilo, Philippines
227 Posts

Profile of Tukaram
I sent him a friend request on Facebook. I will look him up here and send a PM introducing myself. It will be intersting to see if there are many members around here (although the annual fee is a bit high for wages here...$5 or $6 a day is minimum wage - ouch!)
Romes Doc
View Profile
New user
Philippines
5 Posts

Profile of Romes Doc
Hi Tuk, are you still in Philippines? I'm Doc and I lived here in Iloilo, Philippines. We have here an active magic organization. Just give me a message here or on
facebook if you'd like to visit us sometimes.Thanks
Tukaram
View Profile
Loyal user
Iloilo, Philippines
227 Posts

Profile of Tukaram
I just saw your post (I hate the forum software here ha ha)

Yes, I live in Oton... well almost Tigbauan... I will send you a friend request on FB. I see we have 7 friends in common already. I did try to contact the 'street magic club of Iloilo' but never got any answer if they have meetings, I know they are involved in lots of school shows. Not sure if that is the organization you are referring to. Smile
Romes Doc
View Profile
New user
Philippines
5 Posts

Profile of Romes Doc
Hi tuk, good to know you're here in Iloilo. I live here in molo, just 15 mins away to your place. Smile
Yes I know them ( the street magic club of iloilo ), I used to be with them few years ago. They do focus on school tours alot. Yes just accepted you on Facebook.
I was referring to our magic organization known as the salamangkerong ilonggo aka malikmata, hope its sounds familiar. Our organization do have weekly meeting and active members. Just let me know if you would like visit us sometimes. Thanks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Philippines members? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL