The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New method to stop the spectators pulse (30 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Morgan Strebler
View Profile
V.I.P.
Inside Your Mind
455 Posts

Profile of Morgan Strebler
I've talked to numerous pros I the industry, and have researched a lot on different methods. I believe my version to be completely original. I'm very excited about this release.

Morgan
Morgan
<BR>
<BR>http://www.morganstrebler.com
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Agree with everything you just said Morgan.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Seethings
View Profile
Elite user
435 Posts

Profile of Seethings
There is no need for other methods to stop the spectator's pulse. The other published and unpublished methods work just fine.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2015, Seethings wrote:
There is no need for other methods to stop the spectator's pulse. The other published and unpublished methods work just fine.

Perhaps, but other methods normally end up with a very long prison sentence. Smile
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
I am pleased you appear to have learned your lesson about originality. Best to you.

Regards,
Mike

Quote:
On Mar 6, 2015, Morgan Strebler wrote:
I've talked to numerous pros I the industry, and have researched a lot on different methods. I believe my version to be completely original. I'm very excited about this release.

Morgan
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Quote:
On Mar 6, 2015, insight wrote:
I am pleased you appear to have learned your lesson about originality. Best to you.

Regards,
Mike

Quote:

Morgan

Morgan's mature approach here has put you firmly back in your box. Smile
Morgan Strebler
View Profile
V.I.P.
Inside Your Mind
455 Posts

This is the one I use...Thoughts Here's the source http://www.printablecontracts.com/Waiver_Of_Liability.php

Waiver of Liability

This agreement releases {Morgan Strebler} from all liability relating to injuries that may occur {during heart beatin link}. By signing this agreement, I agree to hold {Morgan Strebler} entirely free from any liability, including financial responsibility for injuries incurred, regardless of whether injuries are caused by negligence.

I also acknowledge the risks involved in {stopping ones pulse}. These include but are not limited to {Dizziness, Fatique, sweats little or NO PULSE}. I swear that I am participating voluntarily, and that all risks have been made clear to me. Additionally, I do not have any conditions that will increase my likelihood of experiencing injuries while engaging in this activity.

By signing below I forfeit all right to bring a suit against {Morgan Strebler} for any reason. In return, I will receive {Clear Instructions for maximum safty}. I will also make every effort to obey safety precautions as listed in writing and as explained to me verbally. I will ask for clarification when needed.

(Participant)

I, _____________, fully understand and agree to the above terms. Date_______________

(Witness)

Date

mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Unfortunately, there are few, if any, courts in the world that would enforce such an agreement if someone was seriously injured due to the performer's negligence. To help understand why, just substitute the phrase "shooting an apple off of my head with a rifle" for "stopping my pulse."

When one needs a legal agreement that is anything beyond the most basic, he should see a lawyer rather than buy "fill in the blanks" canned agreements.

Liability waivers are almost universally unenforceable as far as reckless or dangerous intentional acts are concerned.

Quote:
A liability waiver is a legal document that a person who participates in an activity may sign to acknowledge the risks involved in his or her participation. By doing so, the company attempts to remove legal liability from the business or person responsible for the activity. The enforceability of such a waiver depends on state law, a jury, and the language of the waiver.[1] Liability waivers include pre-accident releases and model releases (for pictures). Liability waivers often have no legal standing and most are found to be unenforceable. For example, the Wisconsin supreme court has considered exculpatory agreements six times in the last 25 years and held the agreement in question unenforceable each time.[2] Reckless or intentional actions can never be disclaimed and liability resulting from a faulty product cannot be waived.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liability_waiver
Morgan Strebler
View Profile
V.I.P.
Inside Your Mind
455 Posts

I appreciate that Bob and fully agree with you. There is absolutely no danger involved In any way
Just use it to thicken the plot.

Morgan
Morgan
<BR>
Morgan Strebler
View Profile
V.I.P.
Inside Your Mind
455 Posts

Bob can you PM me and give me your email??

Thanks,

Morgan
Morgan
<BR>
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:

Thicken the plot Smile I thought we were talking of Stopping the Pulse Smile

Smile Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Bob, when will you put out your famous "shooting apples off peoples head" routine? I've heard about it forever!
:)
James

Quote:
On Mar 6, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
Unfortunately, there are few, if any, courts in the world that would enforce such an agreement if someone was seriously injured due to the performer's negligence. To help understand why, just substitute the phrase "shooting an apple off of my head with a rifle" for "stopping my pulse."

When one needs a legal agreement that is anything beyond the most basic, he should see a lawyer rather than buy "fill in the blanks" canned agreements.

Liability waivers are almost universally unenforceable as far as reckless or dangerous intentional acts are concerned.

Quote:
A liability waiver is a legal document that a person who participates in an activity may sign to acknowledge the risks involved in his or her participation. By doing so, the company attempts to remove legal liability from the business or person responsible for the activity. The enforceability of such a waiver depends on state law, a jury, and the language of the waiver.[1] Liability waivers include pre-accident releases and model releases (for pictures). Liability waivers often have no legal standing and most are found to be unenforceable. For example, the Wisconsin supreme court has considered exculpatory agreements six times in the last 25 years and held the agreement in question unenforceable each time.[2] Reckless or intentional actions can never be disclaimed and liability resulting from a faulty product cannot be waived.

Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
"I'm going to stop your pulse. Trust me, it's perfectly safe and nothing will go wrong" "now please sign this waiver (err, just in case), I don't want to get into trouble" I mean come on!, no court would uphold that liability waiver I f something went wrong. You would be in serious trouble with the law.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
The waiver is part of the effect, nothing more. Wake up Sean. Smile
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
It is done with billets!

Regards,
Mike

Quote:
On Mar 7, 2015, Xiqual wrote:
Bob, when will you put out your famous "shooting apples off peoples head" routine? I've heard about it forever!
:)
James

Quote:
On Mar 6, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:

Quote:

Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On Mar 7, 2015, pegasus wrote:
The waiver is part of the effect, nothing more. Wake up Sean. Smile

Apologies, I misunderstood!
Morgan Strebler
View Profile
V.I.P.
Inside Your Mind
455 Posts

Hey Sean,

It literally only used to enhance the effect. I personally use it and it works great. I understand it won't be everyone's flavor, but that's what makes us unique!

Morgan
Morgan
<BR>
RagnarzA
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of RagnarzA
Why scare them though? some people definitely won't do it
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

If that happens it'll just add to the legend.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
I appreciate that Bob and fully agree with you. There is absolutely no danger involved In any way

Morgan

I was pretty certain of that, Morgan. But as a former attorney I can assure you that there are plenty of people out there who will sue anyone for anything at the drop of a hat. Or, in this case, at the stop of a pulse. Just choose your volunteers carefully and pick only good natured healthy young people.

PMd you.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New method to stop the spectators pulse (30 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL